[RELEASE] Grooveshark (Script) Music Addon - Printable Version
+- XBMC Community Forum (http://forum.xbmc.org)
+-- Forum: Help and Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-ons Help and Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Music Add-ons (/forumdisplay.php?fid=148)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Grooveshark (Script) Music Addon (/showthread.php?tid=74474)
- denhams - 2011-02-01 14:09
solver Wrote:If you're up for it then grab the script from svn (see first post in this thread) and report back.
I tested it (on Ubuntu) and it works very well indeed. Fast and no stability problems. I have only a few minor comments which you may know already:
- "Save albums as a playlist" has a keyboard with the title "Rename playlist" rather than "Playlist name" or whatever.
- Perhaps add an "are you sure?" dialog before deleting a playlist.
- Find Similar (songs/albums) says "Unimplemented".
- Favorite/unfavorite song is missing.
- Can add but not delete a song from playlist.
I guess the last three you know about and are working on or cannot be done with the API.
- dallasnights - 2011-02-01 15:10
Which file should I download to test the script on my ATV and does it go into the following directory?
- l0th - 2011-02-01 18:40
ready to beta test. Just let me know.
- Haxxfilif - 2011-02-01 21:48
dallasnights Wrote:Which file should I download to test the script on my ATV and does it go into the following directory?
No Idéa how the ATV works but on Windows7 I downloaded the SVN from http://grooveshark-for-xbmc.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ and then zipped the map I put the files in.
Then I used the built-in feature "Install add-on from ZIP" in XBMC. After that my old grooveshark got updated and now it's working.
l0th Wrote:ready to beta test. Just let me know.
Same goes for you as I told dallasnights above, hope it helps.
I guess this is not the real/best/correct method to implement it but I'm lazy and this went well so I didn't look for an other way. But feel free to correct me :-)
Also I got some questions if someone would be kind and help me!
1. Can I speed up between songs? It takes like 5-10 seconds before the new song start playing. I think i read somewhere that I should change music player? Pleas point me in the right direction :-)
2. I can't log in, it saids "Wrong username/Password" but I'm 200% sure it's the right credentials. I have try to change my password but it didn't solve it.
I can log in using the desktop client for Grooveshark and on the web client.
Thanks in advance
How to get the beta - solver - 2011-02-01 22:54
You can either get the script from svn as Haxxfilif did or you can get the script on the project page. I've uploaded the script that can be installed using the "install from zip" method.
- solver - 2011-02-01 22:57
Haxxfilif Wrote:Also I got some questions if someone would be kind and help me!
It's described in the faq on the first post of this thread.
Haxxfilif Wrote:2. I can't log in, it saids "Wrong username/Password" but I'm 200% sure it's the right credentials. I have try to change my password but it didn't solve it.
Could you upload a log to pastebin? I should be able to figure what's wrong then.
- solver - 2011-02-01 23:01
denhams Wrote:- "Save albums as a playlist" has a keyboard with the title "Rename playlist" rather than "Playlist name" or whatever.
I've corrected the first issue and I'm working on the rest. We don't really have any limitations with the new API - I just have to implement it. Essentially, what the web client can do, we can do.
And thanks for the feedback
- dallasnights - 2011-02-01 23:09
outstanding work, works great on ATV
One question how do I make it shuffle my songs on my playlist I dont see that option maybe its something for future
Thanks!!!! this one is almost primetime ready!
- Haxxfilif - 2011-02-01 23:17
solver Wrote:It's described in the faq on the first post of this thread.
Thanks for the answers dude, you're doing some awesome work :-D
I created the "playercorefactory.xml" file in /userdata at my W7 with the settings you pointed me to. But it still takes like 10-15 seconds to start a new song? Missing something?
For the second question, which log is of interest, where do I find it?
Thanks in advance
- dallasnights - 2011-02-01 23:37
Under the menu that says, Play, Enqueue, add to playlist, etc can you add Playlist so that you can return to your playlists and choose another if you want, unless I am missing another way the only way I know is to back out and go back in