Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Grooveshark (Script) Music Addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Music Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=148)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Grooveshark (Script) Music Addon (/showthread.php?tid=74474)

- chrisministeren - 2010-07-13

thank you very much.

Now i have the yellow grooveshark interface. But i new problem appeared.

i can't do anything in there. i can press the buttons but nothing happens. And after a while i get the message "ERROR Unable to get a new session ID. Wait a few minutes a..." thats the complete error message. do you know what could be my problem here ?.

i guess i also need tyo type in my account information somewhere under settings - but unfortunately i cant get in there.

Than you so much for your help Smile.

//Chris

- solver - 2010-07-14

chrisministeren Wrote:thank you very much.

Now i have the yellow grooveshark interface. But i new problem appeared.

i can't do anything in there. i can press the buttons but nothing happens. And after a while i get the message "ERROR Unable to get a new session ID. Wait a few minutes a..." thats the complete error message. do you know what could be my problem here ?.

i guess i also need tyo type in my account information somewhere under settings - but unfortunately i cant get in there.

Than you so much for your help Smile.

//Chris

There is a limit on how many new sessions that can be created per hour in the API. Wait 10 min. or so and try again. If that doesn't help please post a debug log with debugging turned on in settings in the script.

New Add-on Manager - solver - 2010-07-14

Hi everyone,

Not much has happened with the script these past few weeks I'm afraid but now I should have some spare time to add the script to the new add-on manager. So stay tuned and I'll get back to you when it has been added.

- PantsOnFire - 2010-07-15

that's really cool to hear Solver! side-topic: did you see they just released a grooveshark app for android? The grooveshark's gettin the all-round love it deserves :-)

- chrisministeren - 2010-07-15

Thanks for the replies Big Grin. i will try tonight again ...

- jolid - 2010-07-16

Excellent work Solver! Just what XBMC needs. Keeping my Mp3s for a while but this looks really promising...

(Keeping my fingers crossed for a plugin version)

- soder - 2010-07-23

Does this script work in the new SVN of XBMC? I tried yesterday, but coult not even find how to get to the scripts in the newer version?

Is there anyway to install the script just like you install add-ons in the new version of XBMC?

/Söder

- solver - 2010-07-23

soder Wrote:Does this script work in the new SVN of XBMC? I tried yesterday, but coult not even find how to get to the scripts in the newer version?

Is there anyway to install the script just like you install add-ons in the new version of XBMC?

/Söder

I am currently working on updating the script for Dharma and the new add-on manager. I thought it would be relatively simple, but there's been some changes in how XBMC determines default resolution etc. so I'm working out the kinks. As soon as I have updated the script I'll let you know.

Sweet - User 39595 - 2010-07-24

Really looking forward to this. I'm checking the repo every day :-)

- DejaVu - 2010-07-26

Having trouble getting the Repo on Dharma, but really want Grooveshark Script back on my system. Will keep visiting to watch progress! Smile

- solver - 2010-07-27

Sorry about the long wait for the update, but I'm having some stability issues on Dharma and I'm not gonna release it before I've sorted them out. Hopefully it's worth the wait :-)

GrooveShark available in the add-on manager - solver - 2010-08-03

The GrooveShark script has been added to the official repository so it should be available to people using the Dharma branch or trunk. Downloading coverart is still a bit slow but I'm working on it when time permits.

If anyone feels like adding a new language don't hesitate. You can either post it here or on the official mailinglist and I'll make sure it gets added.

Cheers,
Solver

- guizmo1974 - 2010-08-03

I'm trying to download but it is stuck at 0%

Is it just me? I'm asking since I can download other addons.

BTW, a big "Thank You" for this addon! Smile

Xbmc build 32422 on Ubuntu Lucid

- gabbott - 2010-08-03

Just downloaded via addons, this is great! Smile

- d00chris - 2010-08-03

Can't get this addon to work. I have supplied my user/pass in "Settings" but it won't log me in for some reason. Do I have to manually log in or something?