Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Grooveshark (Script) Music Addon - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Music Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=148)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Grooveshark (Script) Music Addon (/showthread.php?tid=74474)

- dallasnights - 2011-09-21

thanks!

- bertybassett - 2011-09-24

Please can i put in a 2nd request for a eden compatible version. when i try and install 0.4.3 it say dependencies not met. I have an openelec eden build box if that helps any.

Cheers buddy your a star!!! Oh and keep up the good work this is a really great plugin!

- ShneedleWoods - 2011-10-12

Will there be a Pre-Dharma version? I cant find it at addons with my nightly version.

- newfeeflip - 2011-10-15

ShneedleWoods Wrote:Will there be a Pre-Dharma version? I cant find it at addons with my nightly version.

Just added it myself with WinSCP on my aptv2.

- ShneedleWoods - 2011-10-15

newfeeflip Wrote:Just added it myself with WinSCP on my aptv2.

Hm, but on win7 i dont have any WINSCP access for xbmc..

Touchscreen wont work properly w/ Grooveshark - ApocaX - 2011-10-20

1st of all, solver, you made a fantastic job! the layout is straight forward and i cant wait to have it running smothly in my case.

I just installed it on a HP touchsmart 610 but it will not allow me to do a number of things with the touchscreen, only with the on screen keyboard.

I cant hit either icon on the superior corners (home or info) cant touch the search either or when i click on the song, the right pane comes and dessapers imediatly.

if i use the mouse, it works fine.

any ideas? any help would be greatfully appreciated.

- vinistois - 2011-10-22

so pre-eden is a no go? I thought everyone was on pre-eden now...

- solver - 2011-10-22

vinistois Wrote:so pre-eden is a no go? I thought everyone was on pre-eden now...

It's gonna happen at some point - not that much needs to be fixed. It's finding the time to fix it at the moment that's the problem

- solver - 2011-10-22

ApocaX Wrote:1st of all, solver, you made a fantastic job! the layout is straight forward and i cant wait to have it running smothly in my case.

I just installed it on a HP touchsmart 610 but it will not allow me to do a number of things with the touchscreen, only with the on screen keyboard.

I cant hit either icon on the superior corners (home or info) cant touch the search either or when i click on the song, the right pane comes and dessapers imediatly.

if i use the mouse, it works fine.

any ideas? any help would be greatfully appreciated.

It's on my to-do to make it touch friendly Wink

- metasynthie - 2011-10-23

I just installed this on my pre-eden Win7 XBMC, with a XBMC nightly from October 21 and Aeon Nox's latest Eden version, and it seems to be working fine. Thanks, this is great! Unlike Spotify and the plugin version, I don't need a paid account!

I noticed two weird things:

a) sometimes when I select "Enqueue All" the script just responds with "Sorry." I think this happens when you are looking at a search result / playlist but you have the "up one level" arrow selected? Somehow that seems like a reasonable place to enqueue everything in a list from, but I could be wrong.

b) XBMC's player seems to always get the track length as "infinite" -- maybe this is unavoidable because it's a stream?

c) the script seems to initially report the name & artist correctly to XBMC's "now playing" interface, but after one song the name always shows up as "stream.php" instead of getting the song name. Strangely, the album art still shows up correctly! The next/previous song names also show up correctly.

d) I'm occasionally getting a full XBMC crash while I'm doing nothing but letting a playlist play. It looks like this in the main log:

Code:
14:01:53 T:9812   ERROR: Texture manager unable to load file: C:\Users\(Username)\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.aeon.nox.svn\media\flags\music\rating\
14:02:03 T:9812   ERROR: exception in CApplication::FrameMove()

Is this possibly some sort of incompatibility with something about how ratings are displayed in my skin?

There are a ton of other errors in the log for failing to open a streaming source from Grooveshark -- but these don't actually seem to stop playback, so I'm assuming they're not fatal somehow.

- fluidsigns - 2011-10-28

YOur plugin makes my day! THANKS! Just got one issue: "Now PLAYING" just shows "stream.php" and not the title of the songs. Is there a way to fix this? Same when using android remote: "Now PLAYING" shows same information as mentioned and Playlist just a few numbers and digits. Especially for the remote it would be great to see the all the other songs of the album in the Playlist by real name. Sorry for my poor English!Rolleyes

Regards,
M.

- macf1an - 2011-11-11

It seems something broke a few days ago because several people asked if I was getting the same "Unable to get a new session ID" error while trying to use Grooveshark. Anyone else?
Can't post log now..

- vinistois - 2011-11-11

I find it difficult to just start playing music right away. Someone has to know the name of something they want to listen to, and nobody can ever think of anything good. Would be nice to have some 'random playlists' or 'recently played' or 'others are listening to...'

Some kind of easy way to get right to the music.

Anybody have any ideas?

- macf1an - 2011-11-11

Here's the log. Very strange - first it is able to log in, in both mflow and grooveshark, several attempts each. Then it starts failing in both with the same reason URLError: <urlopen error _ssl.c:310: Invalid SSL protocol variant specified.>
Same behavior is on 3-4 setups the same as the one from the signature.
http://pastebin.com/sNVDsSL8

If anyone is up to it I can post a debug log too from my box.

- satrich - 2011-11-12

I have the same issue.
"Unable to get a new session ID"

I am on Ubuntu 11.10 and XBMC 10.1. Fresh install. Just installed the Grooveshark plugin. Unable to get it to work.

Here is my debug log:

http://ubuntuone.com/2lXrZDrcRBnPOGqY0DVVU9