Kodi Community Forum
[RELEASE] Logo Downloader Script - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Program Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=151)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Logo Downloader Script (/showthread.php?tid=74912)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45

Accoirding to the change log I'm running v3.0.6 - PatK - 2011-09-28

Recent update of Transparency! knocked out my logo downloader script, looks like I'm running pre-eden version on my Darhma 10.1 Transparency 3.11.7 (not sure how that got in)

win;special://xbmc/system/python\lib\lib-tk;C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC
14:58:48 T:2132 M:1975353344 DEBUG: XBPyThread:Tonguerocess - Entering source directory C:\Users\PatK\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.logo-downloader
14:58:48 T:2132 M:1975451648 INFO: -->Python script returned the following error<--
14:58:48 T:2132 M:1975451648 ERROR: Error Type: exceptions.ImportError
14:58:48 T:2132 M:1975451648 ERROR: Error Contents: No module named xbmcvfs
14:58:48 T:2132 M:1975451648 ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\PatK\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.logo-downloader\default.py", line 8, in ?
import xbmcvfs
ImportError: No module named xbmcvfs
14:58:48 T:2132 M:1975451648 INFO: -->End of Python script error report<--
14:58:48 T:2132 M:1975418880 INFO: Python script stopped

looks like I need a solid version, pointers would be good.

- ronie - 2011-09-28

PatK Wrote:looks like I need a solid version, pointers would be good.

if you read the last few pages, starting here,
all secrets will be revealed :-)

to cut a long story short, you've installed some third party repo that's distributing pre-eden addons to dharma users.

- PatK - 2011-09-28

ronie Wrote:if you read the last few pages, starting here,
all secrets will be revealed :-)

to cut a long story short, you've installed some third party repo that's distributing pre-eden addons to dharma users.

Shoot it was on the auto-download... I don't go looking for trouble. I tried http://xbmc.git.sourceforge.net/git/gitweb.cgi?p=xbmc/scripts;a=history;f=script.logo-downloader;hb=HEAD some of the old ones.. NG, I'll read back a bunch.

I again I have to give respect to the master... Thank-you very much.
I suspect your suspicions are correct... everything is working again.
I double checked with a power up/down twice and it's pulling in logos and clearart.

I'm unsure how this ever came about.

- newphreak - 2011-10-01

Hello again, everything has been working fine for a while now. But when i try to get another logo things seem to go really really slow.

I use aeon nox, but I'm sure this isn't skin related.

What i do:
Go to tv shows -> select a serie and select info -> Get logo

What happens:
Pretty much nothing, i can go out to the main menu and browse other stuff, then after a minute or more it pops up. What could this lag be caused by?Oo

xbmc.log after refreshing a logo
http://pastebin.com/hfZssC7q

Logo's popping up when I'm tired of waiting and moving around elsewhere:

- reddevil - 2011-10-01

Any way to add a manually (local) created logo.png for a tv show?

- Archigos - 2011-10-01

reddevil Wrote:Any way to add a manually (local) created logo.png for a tv show?

What's always worked for me: Make sure you're either on the "Home Screen" or in "Movies" whatever... (just not looking at TV Shows), place the logo.png into the TV Shows Root where it'd normally go, then go back into the show and it should populate. This is based on the assumption you're talking about a show that has NOT had a prior logo, if you did have a prior logo you'll need to overwrite the file but then you need to delete the thumbnail from your userdata/Thumbnails folder and possibly from your Textures.db (not sure on that one though).

If you're stuck going with the deleting from the Thumbnail directory, you'll have to figure out the hash for the file on your own or just delete ALL logos for that show from the cache (manually looking for them).

Hope that helps.

- ronie - 2011-10-01

newphreak Wrote:Hello again, everything has been working fine for a while now. But when i try to get another logo things seem to go really really slow.

yeah, i've noticed similar issues this week.
it think it's an issue with fanart.tv

looks like they accept the connection, but don't provide any data
(or in your case, only after waiting for a minute)

- reddevil - 2011-10-02

Archigos Wrote:What's always worked for me: Make sure you're either on the "Home Screen" or in "Movies" whatever... (just not looking at TV Shows), place the logo.png into the TV Shows Root where it'd normally go, then go back into the show and it should populate. This is based on the assumption you're talking about a show that has NOT had a prior logo, if you did have a prior logo you'll need to overwrite the file but then you need to delete the thumbnail from your userdata/Thumbnails folder and possibly from your Textures.db (not sure on that one though).

If you're stuck going with the deleting from the Thumbnail directory, you'll have to figure out the hash for the file on your own or just delete ALL logos for that show from the cache (manually looking for them).

Hope that helps.

Thanks. I had put a logo.png and edited it for some shows which weren't available and the latest changes were not being shown. I opened Textures.db and found the logo png file name linked for the show. I overwrote the culprit png in the Thumbnails folder with the latest edited. But no use and then after pullin my hair out and deleting the contents of the Thumbnails folder and rebuilding the Library, I remembered that my flag for <useddsfanart>true</useddsfanart>.
So this time i just overwrote the png and deleted the corresponding *.dds file. And as you suggested went to TV shows from Home screen and the new one was shown correctly.

Regards.

- Kode - 2011-10-02

ronie Wrote:yeah, i've noticed similar issues this week.
it think it's an issue with fanart.tv

looks like they accept the connection, but don't provide any data
(or in your case, only after waiting for a minute)

Really? The server was being ddos-ed yesterday, but as far as I know there have been no issues the rest of the week.

- ronie - 2011-10-02

Kode Wrote:Really? The server was being ddos-ed yesterday, but as far as I know there have been no issues the rest of the week.

yup, last monday....must've been around the time i made this post.

i fixed a bug in the script and wanted to test my fix,
but couldn't test it as i was getting no results from fanart.tv

next i tried entering the url in my browser and get the same issue:
the connection didn't time out or got refused, it just stood there waiting and waiting...

'fraid that's all the details i can provide. :-)

- bcrowie - 2011-10-15

I have a problem I have been trying to fix.

I have recently started using Night and have been trying to use the logo view. I manually added all logos from fanart.tv (awesome site). The problem is that they are not all showing up. I have named them all logo.png and have double checked they are all present. I read a post at the top of this page from Archigos saying that if someone needs to update any thumbnails we need to delete them from the thumb directory.

I found a lot of folders there. 0, 1, 2, 3, a b c d etc... Im assuming thats all just cache. I deleted everything I could find that had to do with the shows I am having issues with.

Then I went into the Videos folder in the directory but there are 1000's of .tbn files there. Must I delete some files from the videos folder to resolve this issue? And if I must, how do I know which ones?

Thanks!

- Archigos - 2011-10-15

bcrowie Wrote:I have a problem I have been trying to fix.

I have recently started using Night and have been trying to use the logo view. I manually added all logos from fanart.tv (awesome site). The problem is that they are not all showing up. I have named them all logo.png and have double checked they are all present. I read a post at the top of this page from Archigos saying that if someone needs to update any thumbnails we need to delete them from the thumb directory.

I found a lot of folders there. 0, 1, 2, 3, a b c d etc... Im assuming thats all just cache. I deleted everything I could find that had to do with the shows I am having issues with.

Then I went into the Videos folder in the directory but there are 1000's of .tbn files there. Must I delete some files from the videos folder to resolve this issue? And if I must, how do I know which ones?

Thanks!

Don't delete the images from the actual Videos folder. If you deleted the cached version of the images from the Thumbnail folder you should be able to just exit out of the TV Shows or Movies view in XBMC and when you re-enter the view it should start to cache them. If it doesn't, it's either stored in the "Textures.db" or you possibly have "UseDDSFanart" turned on in "advancedsettings.xml" in which case you have to delete the *.dds files from the Thumbnail directory as well.

- bcrowie - 2011-10-16

Well. Youre not the first person to say I needed to delete textures.db.

Here is what I just tried:

Closed XBMC entirely
deleted all logo.png's from non-working tv shows
deleted textures.db
started XBMC
tried downloading logos for missing tv shows - no results
exited out of XBMC
re-deleted textures.db
started XBMC

Still no logos on the same tv shows. I'm wondering what else I can try.

Crash after logo downloader's done? - metasynthie - 2011-10-21

Has anyone else been having serious crash problems after using the logo downloader script? When i use it, it manages to download the logo / clearart / whatever, but when it's done XBMC goes black and hangs. I know the logo downloader's completed because when I kill the process and open XBMC again whatever I downloaded is there.

In case anyone's curious here are the details

Win 7 - latest nightly of XBMC Eden (10/21) - latest Aeon Nox SVN version
The logo downloader script from SVN, mentioned here in this thread.

Pastebin of the log: http://pastebin.com/z2p4q6Vw

Everything seems to go fine until:
Code:
08:28:51 T:11316   ERROR: Control 6 in window 13000 has been asked to focus, but it can't
08:29:07 T:11316 WARNING: CGUITextureManager::Cleanup: Having to cleanup texture views/scrollbarbacklist.png
08:29:07 T:11316 WARNING: CGUITextureManager::Cleanup: Having to cleanup texture views/scrollbarnub-nofocus.png
08:29:07 T:11316 WARNING: CGUITextureManager::Cleanup: Having to cleanup texture views/scrollbarnub-focus.png
08:29:07 T:11316 WARNING: CGUITextureManager::Cleanup: Having to cleanup texture common/black.png
08:29:07 T:11316 WARNING: CGUITextureManager::Cleanup: Having to cleanup texture osd/osd_settings_back.png
08:29:07 T:11316 WARNING: CGUITextureManager::Cleanup: Having to cleanup texture osd/osd_settings_buttonnf.png
08:29:07 T:11316 WARNING: CGUITextureManager::Cleanup: Having to cleanup texture osd/osd_settings_buttonf_large.png
08:29:08 T:11356  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
08:29:08 T:11756  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
08:29:09 T:11316 WARNING: CGUITextureManager::ReleaseTexture: Unable to release texture osd/osd_settings_back.png
08:29:09 T:11316 WARNING: CGUITextureManager::ReleaseTexture: Unable to release texture osd/osd_settings_buttonnf.png
08:29:09 T:11316   ERROR: exception in CApplication::Render()
08:29:09 T:11316   ERROR: m_pD3DDevice->BeginScene() failed. 8876086C - D3DERR_INVALIDCALL (Invalid call)

The last two lines, the errors, then repeat infinitely until I kill the process, thus hanging the application.

This has been happening for a few weeks now with earlier versions of the Eden nightlies and latest versions of Aeon Nox.

Anyone have any ideas? Is this possibly a skin problem?

- ronie - 2011-10-21

metasynthie Wrote:Anyone have any ideas? Is this possibly a skin problem?

most likely a xbmc issue, but there's usually not much info in the regular log.
need a debuglog at least, as it may provide some pointers as to what's gone wrong.