Kodi Community Forum
[DEPRECIATED] XBMC Subtitles - Addon Script (previously OpenSubtitles OSD) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Subtitle Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=143)
+---- Thread: [DEPRECIATED] XBMC Subtitles - Addon Script (previously OpenSubtitles OSD) (/showthread.php?tid=75437)

- amet - 2010-10-03

benknackan Wrote:Love the script/addon.

But I have a huge problem, It won't load when using the OSD button. First time I installed and set it up it worked fine. But after a while it stopped working and the button just kicks me to the system config screen

Debug log?

- benknackan - 2010-10-03

Amet Wrote:Debug log?

Sry but how do I enable debugging that and/or find the log ?

edit: using dharma beta 2 on win 7 64bit

- amet - 2010-10-03

benknackan Wrote:Sry but how do I enable debugging that and/or find the log ?

edit: using dharma beta 2 on win 7 64bit

Read my signature

http://www.mediafire.com/?bp4ipks7td2qd8h

Theres the debug log I think (:

- gfjardim - 2010-10-03

Amet Wrote:that and some spaces added in /Portuguese (Brazil)/strings.xml

I am not touching anything in /LegendasTV/ folder Smile , ask mr_blobby :p

Laugh, that's perfect, I was afraid that the service had a bug by reading the mail list.

- ronie - 2010-10-03

benknackan Wrote:http://www.mediafire.com/?bp4ipks7td2qd8h

Theres the debug log I think (:

it's a bug in the Night skin:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=82318

thx ronie worked out great!

[AppleTV] Subtitles does not work in Dharma 1,2 - konan - 2010-10-05

First I am always seeing the message "Server is overloaded, try again later". Obviously the opensibtitles.org is not overloaded, I can easily access it from the browser.

Second when I click 'Menu' on my remote to exit the add-on window XBMC crushes with an exit code 6.

I am not sure if it's a known problem but it's been on Apple TV ever since the former OpenSubtitles script became an add-on.

I try every new version that comes out but so far unsuccessful. Do I need to log this as a bug? If yes, where?

- amet - 2010-10-05

konan Wrote:First I am always seeing the message "Server is overloaded, try again later". Obviously the opensibtitles.org is not overloaded, I can easily access it from the browser.

Second when I click 'Menu' on my remote to exit the add-on window XBMC crushes with an exit code 6.

I am not sure if it's a known problem but it's been on Apple TV ever since the former OpenSubtitles script became an add-on.

I try every new version that comes out but so far unsuccessful. Do I need to log this as a bug? If yes, where?

I use this script daily on ATV, never had a problem.

Post a debug log, my signature has how to, use pastebin site please

Documentation on adding new services - kispaljr - 2010-10-06

Hi!

First of all, thanx for this great script!

I started to work on adding support for two new subtitle sites, and just wanted to ask if I can find some documentation on how to add new services. I've read the code of already existing ones and made a working module, but I'm still not sure about the meaning of some callback parameters, and having trouble with eg. saving the subtitle next to the movie if it's on a samba drive.

So could you point me towards some documentations? If such a thing doesn't exist, then I would apreciate if you could briefly describe the meaning of the input and output parameters (return values) of the following callbacks:

Code:
def search_subtitles( file_original_path, title, tvshow, year, season, episode, set_temp, rar, lang1, lang2, lang3 )

def download_subtitles (subtitles_list, pos, zip_subs, tmp_sub_dir, sub_folder, session_id)
Thx again

- aptalca - 2010-10-07

Hi Amet, is there currently support for stacked movies?

Thanks

- kjuu - 2010-10-07

Hi, just started using this addon and it works great!

A couple of questions though;
1. Although I've only selected undertexter.se as source i still get the option to search SubtitleSource. Is it possible to completely remove it as I'm only interested in Swedish subs.
2. When activating to use the parent dir as search string it still searches for "Yes Man (2008)" instead of "Yes.Man.720p.Bluray.x264-SEPTiC", am i doing something wrong? I use EMM to manage my movies.
(3. Is it possible to direct access the addon using a remote with a custom keymap?) - edit:found solution in post #271

Thanks! Keep up the good work!

- amet - 2010-10-07

kispaljr Wrote:
Code:
def search_subtitles( file_original_path, title, tvshow, year, season, episode, set_temp, rar, lang1, lang2, lang3 )

all these are documented in gui.py, script gets those from xbmc

kispaljr Wrote:
Code:
def download_subtitles (subtitles_list, pos, zip_subs, tmp_sub_dir, sub_folder, session_id)

subtitles_list = list of subtitles that was returned from "search_subtitles"
pos = subtitle user selected in list
zip_subs = "special://temp/sub_tmp/zipsubs.zip" , temporary download location
tmp_sub_dir = "special://temp/sub_tmp" , temporary extraction location
sub_folder = location where the subs will be saved, movie folder or custom location(if you cant save to samba drive)
session_id = some services need this to be able to download, it is returned from "search_subtitles"

kispaljr Wrote:and having trouble with eg. saving the subtitle next to the movie if it's on a samba drive.

you shouldnt need to worry about it, your service would download it to temp location and main script would take over, unpack,rename and move to the desired location.

- amet - 2010-10-07

aptalca Wrote:Hi Amet, is there currently support for stacked movies?

Thanks

nah, cant convince myself to start working on that Smile

- amet - 2010-10-07

kjuu Wrote:Hi, just started using this addon and it works great!

A couple of questions though;
1. Although I've only selected undertexter.se as source i still get the option to search SubtitleSource. Is it possible to completely remove it as I'm only interested in Swedish subs.

SubtitleSource has been removed from the script, you sure you using the latest version? debug log has all the answers Smile
Code:
- removed: SubtitleSource due to the changes in their API

kjuu Wrote:2. When activating to use the parent dir as search string it still searches for "Yes Man (2008)" instead of "Yes.Man.720p.Bluray.x264-SEPTiC", am i doing something wrong? I use EMM to manage my movies.

again, debug log please. we construct "Yes Man (2008)" from the xbmc title and year if "display file name in results page" is not selected. that almost never means that thats what we use for search.

there is a bit of a issue with "parent dir as search string", you need to select manually enter search string and use parent dir as search string for it to work. will look into it at some point.

EDIT: you can try version 1.9.4 from github if you feel like testing. parent folder search should be fixed now.

kjuu Wrote:(3. Is it possible to direct access the addon using a remote with a custom keymap?) - edit:found solution in post #271

yay for forum search function Smile