Kodi Community Forum
[DEPRECIATED] XBMC Subtitles - Addon Script (previously OpenSubtitles OSD) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Subtitle Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=143)
+---- Thread: [DEPRECIATED] XBMC Subtitles - Addon Script (previously OpenSubtitles OSD) (/showthread.php?tid=75437)

- gpulido - 2011-01-08

Amet Wrote:Disable it under addon setting

Hello Amet, thanks for the support
I've make more test and this is the behaviour of the addon:

- If the video file is in the library and select it from the library, whe you let the subs addon search for a subs it make it well, the searching string is the name of the file

-If the video file is in a smb:// path and select it from the "file view" of the videos section, the subs addon take it's parent folder name as searching string.

No matter if the "search using parent folder" option is selected or not, it is using the parents folder name.
This behaviour is not the same as in the old 2.1.8 version i also have installed in the HD.

I think that the addon, in the case that the file is reproduced through a path and not the library should search using the "file name", and use the parents as a option.
Maybe the xbmc is sending the incorrect filename to the addon?
Thanks for the great job, I think this addon is the one that have changed my "media" life Smile

- samapico - 2011-01-08

I'm not able to download it through XBMC... the Download progress stays at 0%

I'm using version 10.0 on windows. Is there anywhere else I can get it from?

I was able to download some other add-ons, by the way...

- amet - 2011-01-08

samapico Wrote:I'm not able to download it through XBMC... the Download progress stays at 0%

I'm using version 10.0 on windows. Is there anywhere else I can get it from?

I was able to download some other add-ons, by the way...

xbmc.log(debug) would show why you are having issues. alternatively you can grab .zip here and install it manually using "install via zip" option.

- amet - 2011-01-08

gpulido Wrote:Hello Amet, thanks for the support
I've make more test and this is the behaviour of the addon:

- If the video file is in the library and select it from the library, whe you let the subs addon search for a subs it make it well, the searching string is the name of the file

-If the video file is in a smb:// path and select it from the "file view" of the videos section, the subs addon take it's parent folder name as searching string.

No matter if the "search using parent folder" option is selected or not, it is using the parents folder name.
This behaviour is not the same as in the old 2.1.8 version i also have installed in the HD.

I think that the addon, in the case that the file is reproduced through a path and not the library should search using the "file name", and use the parents as a option.
Maybe the xbmc is sending the incorrect filename to the addon?
Thanks for the great job, I think this addon is the one that have changed my "media" life Smile

I have said it many times, this addon will work best with library option turned on, that is the only way that XBMC will know the real name of the file.

I will have a look why it has regressed in since 2.1.8 version but I am not promissing much Smile

- Evin - 2011-01-09

Hi!

I would like to ask if the Add-On "knows" which release I use...? For example Web-DL, HDTV (Graup XYZ),...

Thanks!

- mr_blobby - 2011-01-09

Evin Wrote:Hi!

I would like to ask if the Add-On "knows" which release I use...? For example Web-DL, HDTV (Graup XYZ),...

Thanks!
Sometimes.
Some of the services can determine which search result "should" match your downloaded release. This is indicated with a "sync" tag in the search result.

If your favorite service does not support it and if you leave the downloaded file names intact, and enable "Display file name in results page" in the advanced options, then you can decide for yourself which of the search results best matches your release.

- gpulido - 2011-01-10

Amet Wrote:I have said it many times, this addon will work best with library option turned on, that is the only way that XBMC will know the real name of the file.

I will have a look why it has regressed in since 2.1.8 version but I am not promissing much Smile

I normally use the library, but sometimes I watch series very fast, so I don't have time to organice them and to move to my library Hard disk (I download in one temporally disk and in theory move then to a another disk with the library...)
In this case I have to watch the file directly Smile

Another difference is that in my old installation (the 2.1.8) the disk are mounted using cifs, and in the new are mounted using smb://

However, don't worry, I'll add the files to the library and if that works, I have the problem resolve for now.
Thank you!!

XBMC Subtitle add-on Launcher in OSD is disabled - Listener - 2011-01-15

Hi,

Using Dharma 10.0 with skin Confluence

A weeks ago I successfully installed from the official repository XBMC Subtitle addon. It worked correctly.
Today I noticed, that the starter circle icon of this addin in the OSD top line is disabled.

Tried to:
1) exit/start xbmc
2) enable/disable XMBC Subtitle add-on
3) uninstall/install XMBC Subtitle add-on

Nothing worked, the OSD icon for starting add-on is still diabled.

Any ideas?

thx for answers

- queeup - 2011-01-15

System > Settings > Skin > Add-on > Video OSD:
Enable Subtitle Download in Video OSD

Smile

- Listener - 2011-01-15

queeup Wrote:System > Settings > Skin > Add-on > Video OSD:
Enable Subtitle Download in Video OSD

Smile

Hi queeup,

That was fast, and helped :-) thx.
Also I had to set the path to subtitle add-on setting.
I as figured out, yesterday I played around the skins, and changed to Alaska, and once changed back, the subtitle add-on skin settings was gone :-(

Anyway you solved the problem.

thx, again.

auto download subtitles on XBMC load? - Prizm4 - 2011-01-15

I've installed the XBMC Subtitles plugin, but it seems the only way to download subtitles is within the OSD display while playing a movie. Is that correct?

Is there a way to automatically download subs on startup, just like movie content updates itself on startup?

thanks

Can't use XBMC Subtitle Plugin - iriedreadlock - 2011-01-17

Cao Zeljko!

I have a problem with starting the XBMC Subtitle script. When I try to load it after setting everything correctly for skin, it says, script failed to start. I created log, and it says

Loading skin file: DialogSeekBar.xml
INFO: -->Python script returned the following error<--
ERROR: Error Type: exceptions.ImportError
ERROR: Error Contents: No module named gui
ERROR: Traceback (most recent call last):
File "T:\Users\roots\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.xbmc.subtitles\default.py", line 23, in ? import gui
ImportError: No module named gui
16:18:52 T:6548 M:181481472 INFO: -->
End of Python script error report<--

Full log http://pastebin.com/DmUqD8GY

I am using latest XBMC (10.0) fresh install + XBMC Subtitles from repository. I would really love to use this feature. It could enable fast and enjoyable watching of movies. Plus, my girlfriend could find subtitles easier.

Veliki pozdrav Amete, nadam se da ces mi pomoci.

- amet - 2011-01-17

please post the whole debug log to pastebin.com and post the link here

my signature has How-to

Pozdrav
Zeljko

- iriedreadlock - 2011-01-18

Sorry, but I have already uploaded xbmc.log to Pastebin, and there is a link up there. I've had an issue with other scripts aswell in XBMC (like Gmail reader) but they work now. Please, can you tell me why your addon can't start. It says, script can't load. I am a new user to XBMC, and now this subtitle problem got me to move to Boxee. Only because they have subs downloader working for me.

I've been reading the forum, and have tried to change the xml file in Skin folder, with the one that comes with script, but no luck.

Can it be becuase of Python? I tried 3.0 and now using 2.7. I even installed wxpython. Sorry, I have never used python in my life, and I can't get this to work.

- amet - 2011-01-19

sorry Sad missed the full log link.

what have you got in \Users\roots\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.xbmc.subtitles\ ? specifically resources/lib/, it should have gui.py. do you have it in there?

easiest would be to close XBMC, delete script.xbmc.subtitles folder and re-download again to eliminate errors in download/unzip process

Pozz
Zeljko