Kodi Community Forum
[DEPRECIATED] XBMC Subtitles - Addon Script (previously OpenSubtitles OSD) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Subtitle Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=143)
+---- Thread: [DEPRECIATED] XBMC Subtitles - Addon Script (previously OpenSubtitles OSD) (/showthread.php?tid=75437)

- quisvir - 2011-03-02

First off, thanks amet, and others working on this plugin, for all your marvellous work. After starting to use it, it has now quickly become invaluable to me Smile

I wanted to point out that unfortunately, the plugin currently does not allow searching for some tv shows on tv-only sites (such as bierdopje), if their name contains a year (the plugin assumes the file is a movie). Examples are Castle (2009) and Doctor Who (2005). These shows have a year in their name, because of other/original shows with the same name. Would it be possible to either:
- Always allow searching sites like bierdopje, even if the plugin thinks the file is a movie instead of a tv show;
- Or have an option to allow this, to be set manually.

If either of these options could be implemented, it would be greatly appreciated Smile

- Temhil - 2011-03-02

Apparently a new search engine for subtitle is out: http://tinysubs.com/
It looks pretty efficient, I thought this information could be useful to you guys in order to simplify the search mechanism of the add.

Anyways, I hope it helps. Thanks again for this amazing addon!

- mr_blobby - 2011-03-02

quisvir Wrote:First off, thanks amet, and others working on this plugin, for all your marvellous work. After starting to use it, it has now quickly become invaluable to me Smile

I wanted to point out that unfortunately, the plugin currently does not allow searching for some tv shows on tv-only sites (such as bierdopje), if their name contains a year (the plugin assumes the file is a movie). Examples are Castle (2009) and Doctor Who (2005). These shows have a year in their name, because of other/original shows with the same name. Would it be possible to either:
- Always allow searching sites like bierdopje, even if the plugin thinks the file is a movie instead of a tv show;
- Or have an option to allow this, to be set manually.

If either of these options could be implemented, it would be greatly appreciated Smile
If you use libraries, then the plugin doesn't have to guess what kind of video it is.
Any reason why you're not using libraries?

- mr_blobby - 2011-03-02

Temhil Wrote:Apparently a new search engine for subtitle is out: http://tinysubs.com/
It looks pretty efficient, I thought this information could be useful to you guys in order to simplify the search mechanism of the add.

Anyways, I hope it helps. Thanks again for this amazing addon!
Thanks for pointing us to this new site.
Getting search results from this aggregated subtitle search engine works nice.
The trouble is to download the subtitle.
It only links to a page on the subtitle site where the download link can be found.
This page still needs to be parsed, to get the url (deep link) to the subtitles. The parsing is site-specific.

It is a bit the same as using multiple google searches to find subtitles.
For instance to find House MD S05E15 on undertexter.se, you could simply build this google search string:
"house md s06e15 site:undertexter.se"

Also, we already have the most important subtitles sites that tinysubs uses.

If we rely our script solely on this subtitles search engine, then we are very vulnerable.
I think it is still best to directly use a subtitle site.

(And it doesn't include bierdopje.com. Which is by far the best Dutch subtitles site for tv series :confused2Smile

- Djape - 2011-03-03

Hi there and respect for all the hard work.

I have a question. If I set xbmc subtitles script to look for 3 languages:
French
Italian
and English

Is it possible to make script to show languages in that order.
I mean, I want French to be displayed first, then Italian and at last English.

Most subtitles are in English, so I have to scroll down to select Italian.

Can you modify script to behave as I described?
Show subtitles in order which user selected languages.

Cheers and thx once again Wink

- castortray - 2011-03-03

amet Wrote:gregd made Napiprojekt, it uses pythons open function that currently is not possible for SMB:// shares on ATV2/iOS

I will ping him and see if anything can be done there

Do you have some updates/news about napiprojekt for ATV2 ?

thanks

subtitles addon apple tv 2 - Charlie_CZ - 2011-03-03

Support this ADDON AppleTV 2 platform? I tryed instal them but dont work. In menu ADDON - SCRIPTS I see nothing. In log:
http://pastebin.com/9ACW9UTF

Thank You for yours help. Blush

- orivar - 2011-03-03

Ok, so I'm done with my script Big Grin

I tried forking the repo on Github, however it seems I can't actually upload code without installing git on my machine... It's funny because I can see all the folders and files on the website, fork and pull but simply can't add anything.

Am I missing something? If I really need to install git, could I simply mail you the code amet?

Thanks.

- amet - 2011-03-03

orivar Wrote:Ok, so I'm done with my script Big Grin

I tried forking the repo on Github, however it seems I can't actually upload code without installing git on my machine... It's funny because I can see all the folders and files on the website, fork and pull but simply can't add anything.

Am I missing something? If I really need to install git, could I simply mail you the code amet?

Thanks.

check your PM

- orivar - 2011-03-03

Thanks.

I got another issue though and this time it might require changes in the addon itself (if you decide to support it).
Seems like Sratim provides one of two subtitle formats - either .srt or .sub+.idx. The problem is the addon only allows the service to name one file as the subtitles file.

Can you change the addon to look for an .idx file with the same name as the .sub when the service returns a .sub? Any idea how I could solve this within my service?

- amet - 2011-03-03

2.3.6 is on Github

Code:
- added: Sratim.co.il, thanks to orivar

- amet - 2011-03-03

orivar Wrote:Thanks.

I got another issue though and this time it might require changes in the addon itself (if you decide to support it).
Seems like Sratim provides one of two subtitle formats - either .srt or .sub+.idx. The problem is the addon only allows the service to name one file as the subtitles file.

Can you change the addon to look for an .idx file with the same name as the .sub when the service returns a .sub? Any idea how I could solve this within my service?

without rewriting gui.py to accept it there is no way to do it. let me see what I can do... no promises Smile

- l0b0 - 2011-03-03

Is it possible to use XBMC Subtitles with internet streaming movies? Icefilms Plugin or RLSLog Hotfile Plugin ?

- amet - 2011-03-03

yes its possible, how well it works... I dont know... never tried it

- amet - 2011-03-03

castortray Wrote:Do you have some updates/news about napiprojekt for ATV2 ?

thanks

no, I have heard nothing...

not much can be done there as it needs to reed the file from smb and xbmcvfs module still cant do that