Kodi Community Forum
[DEPRECIATED] XBMC Subtitles - Addon Script (previously OpenSubtitles OSD) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Subtitle Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=143)
+---- Thread: [DEPRECIATED] XBMC Subtitles - Addon Script (previously OpenSubtitles OSD) (/showthread.php?tid=75437)

- kim1406 - 2011-03-08

amet Wrote:disable hash and set an alternative download folder for the subtitles in Addon settings

Thanks amet, this works fine. Now I can run OpenELEC as my default xbmc as your great addon is working without problem on it.

- amet - 2011-03-08

Eric_S Wrote:System: Apple TV 2 running 10.0.7.

Skin: Confluence

Issue: I have not located the area where the download path is enabled/specified under Settings/Add-Ons (I can select XBMC Subtitles under Video OSD; no other options available).

Assistance much appreciated. Thanks.

what is the issue you are seeing? all you need to do is select XBMC Subtitles, either through system->skin->addons or via OSD

what path are you referring to?

- transcender - 2011-03-08

this is cool I wish there were a way to get some other sites to submit to get tracked by this or able to add.

Also I wonder if a feature request setting possible?
My question is if I can not find subtitle from default source, why must I Manually recurse them all? Would be great if would just default or option for users to choose to just query all desired scrapers for a sub?

- amet - 2011-03-08

transcender Wrote:this is cool I wish there were a way to get some other sites to submit to get tracked by this or able to add.

Also I wonder if a feature request setting possible?
My question is if I can not find subtitle from default source, why must I Manually recurse them all? Would be great if would just default or option for users to choose to just query all desired scrapers for a sub?

we have 16 sites, you meant to say that we need more ?? by all means you can write an addition to it and submit to us for inclusion

manually recusing through all might not be a good idea as different services work for different content, it is possible to code it in but might be a more hassle than its worth IMO. will look and see if it can be done easily

- transcender - 2011-03-08

amet Wrote:we have 16 sites, you meant to say that we need more ?? by all means you can write an addition to it and submit to us for inclusion

manually recusing through all might not be a good idea as different services work for different content, it is possible to code it in but might be a more hassle than its worth IMO. will look and see if it can be done easily

Thanks @amet, I can see if I can manage to figure out how to add an inclusion for submission.
I understand all 16 or more in future isn't practical / prudent, I currently have had luck with a primary 4-6 that I check for the language(s) I'm interested. For example currently there seem to be ones the specialize in a particular language which isn't applicable to me (I would have others perhaps as mentioned above)
but again being able to check all 6 or automatically iterate to the next available would be nice, but ultimately just luxuries, the addon is pretty great.
I'm a 1st gen asian american, and while I can sort of understand elementary conversation i'm otherwise illiterate. Over the years, from people all over, I have heard others say they learned English from watching 'tv' (and cartoons / movies) and thought this would be more of a receptive way for me to refamiliarize myself and learn.

- Raqueem - 2011-03-08

where can i request the 'autodownload subtitles in first language'- option?

plus: there's some trouble with the 'ondertitel.com'-subtitle download. All the other sites seem to work great.

- amet - 2011-03-08

Raqueem Wrote:where can i request the 'autodownload subtitles in first language'- option?

plus: there's some trouble with the 'ondertitel.com'-subtitle download. All the other sites seem to work great.

you can request it here, whether we'll have time to implement it is another thing Smile

we'll look into ondertitel.com but we need a log when it fails please, thanks

- Eric_S - 2011-03-08

amet Wrote:what is the issue you are seeing? all you need to do is select XBMC Subtitles, either through system->skin->addons or via OSD

what path are you referring to?

Thanks for the quick reply, Amet.

Issue is that subtitles are not working. XBMC Subtitles is selected under system/skin/addons. I then, while a movie is playing from NAS, select Enable Subtitles from the audio submenu (available while movie is playing) and then select 'Download Subtitles' from the other icon that is available during video play. After selecting the particular subtitles file, the visor pauses briefly while the subtitle file is downloading. I then check the prior-mentioned nenu item (the ome one that has the 'enable subtitles' menu) to see that the file that I downoDed is selected. Yet subtitles do not appear, and this holds for various videos and subtitles files that I have tried.

Am I doing something incorrectly? Thanks.

Update: @amet - re. the question of "what path", the screen shot in the first posting of this thread, along with the description within the plugin - directs the user to specify the download path.

Appreciate your help here. Thanks.

- Raqueem - 2011-03-08

amet Wrote:you can request it here, whether we'll have time to implement it is another thing Smile

we'll look into ondertitel.com but we need a log when it fails please, thanks

Big Grin I'll be looking forward to this ..

I'll try to get a log when I'm back home. However, i'm not getting any notice that it failed; as soon as you choose/select a sub, nothing happens. And you can just immediately continue browsing the list.

- amet - 2011-03-08

Raqueem Wrote:Big Grin I'll be looking forward to this ..

I'll try to get a log when I'm back home. However, i'm not getting any notice that it failed; as soon as you choose/select a sub, nothing happens. And you can just immediately continue browsing the list.

still, the debug log will tell us more than you know Smile

- Eric_S - 2011-03-09

Eric_S Wrote:Thanks for the quick reply, Amet.

Issue is that subtitles are not working. XBMC Subtitles is selected under system/skin/addons. I then, while a movie is playing from NAS, select Enable Subtitles from the audio submenu (available while movie is playing) and then select 'Download Subtitles' from the other icon that is available during video play. After selecting the particular subtitles file, the visor pauses briefly while the subtitle file is downloading. I then check the prior-mentioned nenu item (the ome one that has the 'enable subtitles' menu) to see that the file that I downoDed is selected. Yet subtitles do not appear, and this holds for various videos and subtitles files that I have tried.

Am I doing something incorrectly? Thanks.

Update: @amet - re. the question of "what path", the screen shot in the first posting of this thread, along with the description within the plugin - directs the user to specify the download path.

Appreciate your help here. Thanks.

OK - Got it working. For the record:

1. The first posting in this thread shows the prior XBMC version, and requests the user to specify a download path. Did not realize that the path info is now set in the plugin menu (by unchecking "Same as Movie").

2. It does not seem possible to download subtitle file to a NAS (at least, in my case, (Same as Movie" would mean downloading to NAS - this does not seem to work). True?

Thanks for a great plugin. Eric

- amet - 2011-03-09

Eric_S Wrote:OK - Got it working. For the record:

1. The first posting in this thread shows the prior XBMC version, and requests the user to specify a download path. Did not realize that the path info is now set in the plugin menu (by unchecking "Same as Movie").

2. It does not seem possible to download subtitle file to a NAS (at least, in my case, (Same as Movie" would mean downloading to NAS - this does not seem to work). True?

Thanks for a great plugin. Eric

2. Not completely true, depends on your setup

- amet - 2011-03-09

2.3.9 is on github, if you test it please let us know how the new features are working

Code:
- added: Search next available service if no results are found
- fixed: SubDB md5 depreciated warning
- added: Auto download first available "sync" subtitle, those are the only ones we can say for sure are 100% in sync

- ghostofdeath - 2011-03-11

Hi I have a question/request, is it any possible you make it avaliable for streaming? I'm using icefilms streaming service and it's pretty good but I need subtitles to work with it now and I cant with downloaded subs and neither with your addon.

- amet - 2011-03-11

ghostofdeath Wrote:Hi I have a question/request, is it any possible you make it avaliable for streaming? I'm using icefilms streaming service and it's pretty good but I need subtitles to work with it now and I cant with downloaded subs and neither with your addon.

Full debug log while using the addon on the steamed movie please