XBMC Community Forum
[DEPRECIATED] XBMC Subtitles - Addon Script (previously OpenSubtitles OSD) - Printable Version

+- XBMC Community Forum (http://forum.xbmc.org)
+-- Forum: Help and Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-ons Help and Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Subtitle Add-ons (/forumdisplay.php?fid=143)
+---- Thread: [DEPRECIATED] XBMC Subtitles - Addon Script (previously OpenSubtitles OSD) (/showthread.php?tid=75437)

- dimzen - 2011-05-01 14:20

amet Wrote:No idea then, sorry

damn.. Sad
No other way then reinstall Windows then :/

- Raphael Barros - 2011-05-04 07:26

I have a suggestion: there's a way to show the FPS from the subtitle? It would help a lot.

subtitles with latest nightly - odt_x - 2011-05-04 09:08

hey, yesterday i downloaded the nightly from may 2nd and now the subtitles addon will fail with a message about some XML windows. Is this related to moving to pre-eden in the repository and is the subtitles script not updated yet? if not, i'll get a debug log.

- amet - 2011-05-04 09:12

odt_x Wrote:hey, yesterday i downloaded the nightly from may 2nd and now the subtitles addon will fail with a message about some XML windows. Is this related to moving to pre-eden in the repository and is the subtitles script not updated yet? if not, i'll get a debug log.

nah, its related to one of the commits... it fixed in here

- odt_x - 2011-05-04 09:13

amet Wrote:nah, its related to one of the commits... it fixed in here

ty very much!

- alberto.barros - 2011-05-05 03:01

amet Wrote:nah, its related to one of the commits... it fixed in here
How I can fix, for this moment?

Subtitles using FTP server - valdebranch - 2011-05-07 01:14

Hi,
First of all thanks for the add-on, it's really amazing. My problems started when, trying to solve smb streaming issues in a ATV2, I changed everything for a ftp server. It worked but now I can't used this add-on.
I tried to fix it making a smb directory only for subtittles and then changing the option in the xbmc and the settings.xml to that directory but it doesn't work.
It seems to download but nothing happens...any suggestions? I've tried everything, even the command posted in this thread to change permissions of the user directory...
By the way, I'm using the nighltly atv2 version of april...Many thanksssss

- alberto.barros - 2011-05-07 02:20

@valdebranch open your sources.xml and try this:

<path pathversion="1">smb://user:password@ip:445/Movies/</path>

- amet - 2011-05-07 08:08

valdebranch Wrote:Hi,
First of all thanks for the add-on, it's really amazing. My problems started when, trying to solve smb streaming issues in a ATV2, I changed everything for a ftp server. It worked but now I can't used this add-on.
I tried to fix it making a smb directory only for subtittles and then changing the option in the xbmc and the settings.xml to that directory but it doesn't work.
It seems to download but nothing happens...any suggestions? I've tried everything, even the command posted in this thread to change permissions of the user directory...
By the way, I'm using the nighltly atv2 version of april...Many thanksssss

Log please

Sratim service problems - orivar - 2011-05-07 15:38

Hello again everyone,

After some time that the Sratim service was only available for movies, as a result of a problem resulting from an update (which sratim.co.il promised to fix...) tv show support is also down. The website promised that an API will be released soon, but as it's been a while and still there are no details on said API, I figured I'd fix the service to match the current site layout.

I am however having some troubles parsing their new html - it seems that their old dedicated subtitles page (e.g http://www.sratim.co.il/subtitles.php?mid=144664) was replaced by a special tab in the main details page (e.g http://www.sratim.co.il/view.php?id=144664#!subtitles). Using python to access the new url, #!subtitles included, retrieves the default details page (e.g http://www.sratim.co.il/view.php?id=144664), with the subtitles tab not selected. Directing chrome to this full url does however show the correct subtitles tab as selected and the subtitles' information.

Can anyone help me over this hurdle and retrieve the html with the subtitles information in it?

Thanks,
Ori

Edit: I know the hash sign is supposed to direct to a fragment of the current page, but there obviously isn't a fragment named !subtitles. It's apparently AJAX, but I have no idea how to get python to retrieve the corresponding html triggered by the function call.

- idioteque - 2011-05-07 16:49

I found a serious bug. OSX/XBMC hangs when, in the subtitles download screen, I switch to fullscreen.

I programmed my logitech harmony remote and the back and fullscreen button are next to each other. when I press the wrong key OSX/XBMC hangs and I have to reboot.

How to reproduce.

1: play a film or serie
2: in menu click on sub icons
3: now the plugin shows a list of subtitels
4: when in the list of subs, hit the fullscreen key on keyboard or remote
5: XBMC switches back to the main screen but the plugin list when the list of available subs is still in front.

At this point XBMC/OSX hangs and for me the only way to return is a reboot.

- valdebranch - 2011-05-07 18:36

Thanks, I found the problem, I think it was the gui settings of the addons. I changed the "download in the same folder" for a specific folder. Thank u so much

- amet - 2011-05-08 01:04

idioteque Wrote:I found a serious bug. OSX/XBMC hangs when, in the subtitles download screen, I switch to fullscreen.

I programmed my logitech harmony remote and the back and fullscreen button are next to each other. when I press the wrong key OSX/XBMC hangs and I have to reboot.

How to reproduce.

1: play a film or serie
2: in menu click on sub icons
3: now the plugin shows a list of subtitels
4: when in the list of subs, hit the fullscreen key on keyboard or remote
5: XBMC switches back to the main screen but the plugin list when the list of available subs is still in front.

At this point XBMC/OSX hangs and for me the only way to return is a reboot.

I fail to see how this is XBMC Subtitle issue

also, what is "fulscreen" key? and "main screen"... is that home?

are you stopping the movie when you doing all this?

dont get this Confused

- ronie - 2011-05-08 02:02

amet Wrote:dont get this Confused

if you ActivateWindow(Home) when the script window is visible,
it'll take to to the home screen but it won't close the script window.

it doesn't hang xbmc on my end and simply pressing the 'back' key closes the script window.

- orivar - 2011-05-08 19:17

ronie Wrote:if you ActivateWindow(Home) when the script window is visible,
it'll take to to the home screen but it won't close the script window.

it doesn't hang xbmc on my end and simply pressing the 'back' key closes the script window.

Same here. No bug AFAIK.