Kodi Community Forum
[DEPRECIATED] XBMC Subtitles - Addon Script (previously OpenSubtitles OSD) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Subtitle Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=143)
+---- Thread: [DEPRECIATED] XBMC Subtitles - Addon Script (previously OpenSubtitles OSD) (/showthread.php?tid=75437)

- orivar - 2011-05-08

Hello again,

So while I wait for an API or another solution for my Sratim service I've decided to create a service for another site hosting the same subtitles. I've got most of the coding done but I seem to have a "unique" problem -

The website in question displays the available subtitles using embedded python code. The data is actually in a dictionary declared in the html, e.g subs = {...}. I've considered parsing it manually, but it's a large declaration with several nesting levels, so I had to resort to exec().

The thing is the service works when imported and executed via an interpreter shell, but via xbmc it throws an unexpected EOF while parsing line. I've printed the code to the log file, it looks fine. Any ideas/known limitations when using exec?

Thanks,
Ori

Edit: So I converted the string to a raw string and it seems to execute, but the line is simply foundSubtitles = ... and when I try to print the variable on the next line it is undefined.

- benethil - 2011-05-08

Hello guys,

I've installed the subtitle add on, but I not allowed to even push subtitle icon when playing. The icon is not highlighted at all.
Its working on my ATV2 but not on my mac mini.
Any suggestions to solve this?

Thanks

- amet - 2011-05-08

benethil Wrote:Hello guys,

I've installed the subtitle add on, but I not allowed to even push subtitle icon when playing. The icon is not highlighted at all.
Its working on my ATV2 but not on my mac mini.
Any suggestions to solve this?

Thanks

needs to be enabled, look at first post here

- benethil - 2011-05-08

Thanks for your quick reply...

Its enabled. Just checked it. Also enabled the add on in the skin settings.

I had the 10.1 release installed, but I've installed the 10.0 earlier today, as I understood that the add on would only work on the 10.0 relase?
Could that be the problem? Do I need to remove cache files, scripts or anything?

- amet - 2011-05-08

benethil Wrote:Thanks for your quick reply...

Its enabled. Just checked it. Also enabled the add on in the skin settings.

I had the 10.1 release installed, but I've installed the 10.0 earlier today, as I understood that the add on would only work on the 10.0 relase?
Could that be the problem? Do I need to remove cache files, scripts or anything?

nope, addon works on any xbmc version > 10.0

install 10.1 and try again

- benethil - 2011-05-08

It's working now! Thanks a lot Big Grin

- shylearner - 2011-05-09

Well hello to every one.
Ive a problem with the opensubtitles.org addon.
the first time i try to get the list i do get it but when i clicked on it it says "error extracting subtitles" the second time i only get a list from one of the services i enabled but when i clicked on it, it does not show on the screen so i really dont know what to do.

I uninstalled the video and the subs addons.
also uninstalled xbmc and reinstalled to start fresh.
im trying to get the subs in spanish since my dad doesnt speak a drop of English.
also clear the cache.

Im using the lastest realease. actually i downloaded everything again yesterday and nada.

So i need some help pls. what to do?

Im a newby to all this so pls hang with me. ; )

Thank you.

Shy.

- shylearner - 2011-05-09

Oh sorry im running win7 amd sempron and laso same problem on my atv2 but ill be happy with a solutin for the win7 since it is my dads system grrr Than you again.

- amet - 2011-05-09

See here, all fixed now

New service for Subscenter.org - orivar - 2011-05-09

Hi everyone,

I've worked out all the issues I had and I'm now ready to release my new service, this time for Subscenter.org.

Amet, can I e-mail you the new service.py and logo.png? The service should be named "Subscenter" and in the meantime you can remove the one for Sratim (until Sratim finally publishes an API or someone teaches me AJAX Rolleyes)

Thanks,
Ori

- amet - 2011-05-09

orivar Wrote:Hi everyone,

I've worked out all the issues I had and I'm now ready to release my new service, this time for Subscenter.org.

Amet, can I e-mail you the new service.py and logo.png? The service should be named "Subscenter" and in the meantime you can remove the one for Sratim (until Sratim finally publishes an API or someone teaches me AJAX Rolleyes)

Thanks,
Ori

Please fork the github repo and request a pull with changes

- orivar - 2011-05-09

I'm not running linux here so I can only edit files, not upload them. That means I can override Sratim's service.py, but that's about it.

I can try to find a git client for windows (last time I checked that simply meant cygwin) but if an e-mail's ok it would be a lot simpler...

- JuliusCeasar - 2011-05-09

Hey Amet,

Thanks for this. Will be very useful when I'll make it work. Here's my problem:

Once I select any subtiles from the list XBMC Subtitles provides me, it just doesn't work when I start the movie again. Yet If I download manually the subtitle on my computer and activate it via the "browse subtitle" option, it will display correctly.

Have any ideas of what may be causing that ?

Thanks!

- amet - 2011-05-09

orivar Wrote:I'm not running linux here so I can only edit files, not upload them. That means I can override Sratim's service.py, but that's about it.

I can try to find a git client for windows (last time I checked that simply meant cygwin) but if an e-mail's ok it would be a lot simpler...

it would be a lot simpler.. for you Smile

git is easy, and makes updating the services much easier.

- amet - 2011-05-09

JuliusCeasar Wrote:Hey Amet,

Thanks for this. Will be very useful when I'll make it work. Here's my problem:

Once I select any subtiles from the list XBMC Subtitles provides me, it just doesn't work when I start the movie again. Yet If I download manually the subtitle on my computer and activate it via the "browse subtitle" option, it will display correctly.

Have any ideas of what may be causing that ?

Thanks!

debug log please