Kodi Community Forum
[DEPRECIATED] XBMC Subtitles - Addon Script (previously OpenSubtitles OSD) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Add-on Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=27)
+---- Forum: Subtitle Add-ons (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=143)
+---- Thread: [DEPRECIATED] XBMC Subtitles - Addon Script (previously OpenSubtitles OSD) (/showthread.php?tid=75437)

- mr_blobby - 2010-07-29

PsychoCheF Wrote:Okay, more questions/problems now that i can use the script in some way.

First a question, how does the script search?
By filename, foldername, tag info?

I have this: \From Paris with love\cbg-fpwl720p.mkv
and the only service that find anything was Sublight.si, i also tried undertexter.se, opensubtitles & subscene.
I renamed the file to \From Paris with love\From Paris with love.mkv
and now also undertexter find the subs.
But if i search on opensubtiles and subscene webpage for "From Paris with love" i got tons of good hits.

Now i tried to download the sub from undertexter, and it just says downloading, nothing happens.

Log here witch shows a search in the 4 services above and attempt do download a sub from undertexter.
http://pastebin.com/u700xLep

The little i understand from logfiles i can se on row 581 says"Multiple movies found, searching for the right one ..." and then in row 682 "Movie not found in list: From Paris With Love" but the correct sub is on row 583 "Found movie on search page: From Paris With Love (2010)"
I think the problems are all related to XBMC not being able to handle special characters:
If you look at the summary of the script (lines 556-568), it is clear that there is no library info for the movie because the year is empty.
This causes subscene to not find any results, because it uses the year to filter the results.
The download from undertexter halts at the unzipping of the downloaded subtitles from the cache (line 733) .

So, just like gsuss mentioned, the problems seem to be related to the library and cache issues.

- PsychoCheF - 2010-07-29

mr_blobby Wrote:I think the problems are all related to XBMC not being able to handle special characters:
If you look at the summary of the script (lines 556-568), it is clear that there is no library info for the movie because the year is empty.
This causes subscene to not find any results, because it uses the year to filter the results.
The download from undertexter halts at the unzipping of the downloaded subtitles from the cache (line 733) .

So, just like gsuss mentioned, the problems seem to be related to the library and cache issues.

OK, i made a ticket regarding this, and it seems that they already fixed it to be in next build.

Can someone explain how the search works for the script, so i can name my folder and files in the best possible way.
How does the script search, by filename, foldername, tag info?

- amet - 2010-07-29

PsychoCheF Wrote:OK, i made a ticket regarding this, and it seems that they already fixed it to be in next build.

Can someone explain how the search works for the script, so i can name my folder and files in the best possible way.

script will search by hash and name. best is if the movie/tv show is in a library, that way the script will get all the necessary info.

In your case "\From Paris with love\cbg-fpwl720p.mkv" you could set the script to use folder name for search by selecting "Search using parent folder" under scripts settings.

- PsychoCheF - 2010-07-29

Amet Wrote:script will search by hash and name. best is if the movie/tv show is in a library, that way the script will get all the necessary info.

In your case "\From Paris with love\cbg-fpwl720p.mkv" you could set the script to use folder name for search by selecting "Search using parent folder" under scripts settings.

OK, so its search in this order?
Library info
Hashsum
Filename (or Folder name, if checked)

This maybe should be in the wiki?
Its really good to know in which order it works.

I think this will be really good when i got everything to work someday.

Should it be possible to add a manual search button in the script?
I seen the setting for manual search, but when i used the old opensubtitle script i missed that feature sometimes when it returnd zero hits, and a better searchstring/filerename fixed it.
OBS, i cant fully use this script atm, because of the bugs, so it maybe isent needed beacuse it could search in som many ways, as mentioned above?

- amet - 2010-07-29

PsychoCheF Wrote:OK, so its search in this order?
Library info
Hashsum
Filename (or Folder name, if checked)

This maybe should be in the wiki?
Its really good to know in which order it works.

I think this will be really good when i got everything to work someday.

Should it be possible to add a manual search button in the script?
I seen the setting for manual search, but when i used the old opensubtitle script i missed that feature sometimes when it returnd zero hits, and a better searchstring/filerename fixed it.
OBS, i cant fully use this script atm, because of the bugs, so it maybe isent needed beacuse it could search in som many ways, as mentioned above?

search on Opensubtitles is done hash+name+size at the same time, on Podnapisi and sublight its hash first, name if nothing is found. others use name only - I think.

there is a manual search button in the script, it works, I use it daily. if you select "Search using parent folder" the manual button will become Search using parent folder button

sometimes if the subs are new you will find them on web site but the script will not return them as it uses API for search rather than scraping the website.

- Nektarios - 2010-07-29

Amet Wrote:the opensubtitles service does have a timeout, it is set to 5 sec

svn can be found here, PM me the diff if you want me to add it.

Thanks!

If for any reason the connection is not working, the script halts for a long time (I haven't really waited enough to see if it eventually returns but I waited for more than 3 minutes before I killed XBMC), so the timeout of opensubtitles.org does nothing to rectify the problem. The connection timeout/handling must be done client side as I did it and works fine.

Here's the diff:

http://pastebin.com/NHRmAJRm

It includes a timeout and a general connection error handling, as well as a new setting for the timeout plus 2 new languages strings.

I use the socket.setdefaulttimeout method for the timeout and it works well. I set it before the connection and reset it immediately after so it will cause no problem for other connections.

But it must be noted that you need to remove the try-catch block on each service, or at least do a raise on the except clause so it can the exception can be passed to the outer try-catch block of gui.py. I only did this for the opensubtitles service, but must be done on all of them to be consistent.

Feel free to incorporate them.

Cheers,
John.

- gsuss - 2010-07-30

PsychoCheF Wrote:OK, i made a ticket regarding this, and it seems that they already fixed it to be in next build.

Good to hear you made a ticket, could you paste the link so I can keep track of it?

How did you get the script working after moving it to the install folder? Did you mean copy or cut it to the 'progam files\xbmc\addons' folder? Any other actions needed?

- PsychoCheF - 2010-07-30

gsuss Wrote:Good to hear you made a ticket, could you paste the link so I can keep track of it?

How did you get the script working after moving it to the install folder? Did you mean copy or cut it to the 'progam files\xbmc\addons' folder? Any other actions needed?
Nope, that should do it.

This is my (little messy) ticket, http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/9771
and if i understand correctly Jmarshall added a ticket for the script issue here:
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/9772
I have a little hard to understand what the developers write sometimes, its like they have a magic languageHuh

- Nektarios - 2010-07-30

Today opensubtitles brought up a 503 Service unavailable error. And I corrected my code to catch and handle that error also.

This is the new patch with the updated code:

http://pastebin.com/eSrGwHSy

- Nektarios - 2010-08-05

An updated patch that includes a fix for closing the script by pressing the back button (parent_dir) also.

http://pastebin.com/hARszZb6

- redje - 2010-08-05

so far the script works perfectly well for me. I'd like to request and option not to put the language id after the subtitle. Now it saves the subtitel to <moviename>.<language-id>.srt for instance 300.nl.srt. This works ok in XBMC, but other software can't see the subtitel as it has to be renamed exactly the same like 300.srt. I'm sharing some of my movies over the internet so i can watch them on my iphone for instance. Now the subtitles won't work as they're not exactly named the same. Could you add an option for this? thanks

- d_ced - 2010-08-15

Hi,

I'm running XBMC on AppleTV. The version installed is the R32792.

I've followed the HowTo at the beginning of this post but i cannot get any screen where i can search for subtitles.

O'm using the Confluence Skin and the Skin has been modified to enable the subtitle download on the OSD video.

When i start a movie and bring the context menu, i have no option to retrieve any subtitles.

Help is needed from the community Big Grin. Thanks.

Cedric

- amet - 2010-08-16

d_ced Wrote:O'm using the Confluence Skin and the Skin has been modified to enable the subtitle download on the OSD video.

no skin modification should be done, all you need to do is activate the subtitle button and select path to XBMC Subtitles

Cannot get script to work - thijse - 2010-08-16

I feel a bit dumb, but I cannot get the script to work. I'm running Mac OSX/XBMC 9.11.

I have installed openSubtitles_OSD, including the confluence skin hack, and it works
very nice (although a bit slow).

I have a nice series structure like

/<SeriesName>/Season <Season No>/<Episode name>.avi

I'm running in two different problems:

1. If I run the scripts from the >Scripts menu, and choose Search all missing subtitles
for all tv shows, I immediately get the message"all subtitles present", which is not the case. I selected my series folder correctly.
Could it be a problem that
a. It is a multipath
b. The series have been renamed by the download script, removing some parts of the filename(for example: .720p.hdtv.x264-immerse )

2. I do not see any Bierdopje icon on the video OSD. Do I need to use the openSubtitles_OSD
button, or should there be a new button?

- joeranjensen - 2010-08-16

Hi.

First I want to thank you for this great addon, but i`m struggeling a litle bit. At first it worked just fine, but after I had downloadet subtitles to a couple of movies, the xbmc just freeze after i push the "download subtitles" button(I can now see the search screen, but there it ends).

I dont know how to post the bug-logfile, in fact I dont know where or how I can find itSmile

I`m running win7 64 bit with r32808