Kodi Community Forum
v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: reFocus (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=72)
+----- Thread: v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated) (/showthread.php?tid=75867)

- loggio - 2011-09-03

Hmm, that's rather odd.

Other skins seem to work fine with this... i think Transparency has the same transitions that seem to work fine for me using custom images, also latest Aeon MQ3, Confluence and PMIII HD all seem to work fine using custom images. May be worth taking a look at some of these skins?

Never the less thanks for reporting back, highly appreciate it Smile

- Jeroen - 2011-09-03

Pushed some changes in order to make the selection more clear.
Used pre-colored textures for now, probably when skin variables are introduced I will be able to do this, and other things, more like I would prefer to.

- rich_stwrt - 2011-09-03

First off, great skin. Currently have it installed on several boxes, and the family, especially the wife are happy.

First, one bug I stumbled. I'm still using the 0.9.1 pre-eden release on an atv2. I've enabled the 'weather' menu item, and when i scroll down to 'weather' it switches to the current conditions... all is well and good. Now, if I bring up the 'favorites' pop-up, the 'weather' menu item comes back on top of the current conditions... in other words the two versions of the menu text are being shown simultaneously, one on top of the other.

I've tried to duplicate on a PC, but there is no keyboard shortcut to bring up the favorites pop-up, and none of my iPhone remotes offer a direct shortcut (The ATV remote is mapped in keyboard.xml to bring up favorites when 'menu' is pressed). I'm going to try to edit keyboard.xml later today on my pc to see if I can duplicate and maybe catch a screenshot to post.

And while we are talking menus, I guess I'll add my thoughts on the new style. I love the expanding home menu idea, I'm just not a big fan of the current look. One of the things that drew my attention on reFocus was the look of the menus... I really liked the transparent background and the progressively shaded selection box. The current version with everything in a box feels like a step backwards.

That being said, I'm not an xml coder, so I have no idea how difficult it might be to merge the old style with the new, it may not even be possible. If that's the case, then I would probably have to cast my vote for keeping the old menu style.

Keep up the great work.

- Jeroen - 2011-09-03

rich_stwrt Wrote:First, one bug I stumbled. I'm still using the 0.9.1 pre-eden release on an atv2. I've enabled the 'weather' menu item, and when i scroll down to 'weather' it switches to the current conditions... all is well and good. Now, if I bring up the 'favorites' pop-up, the 'weather' menu item comes back on top of the current conditions... in other words the two versions of the menu text are being shown simultaneously, one on top of the other.
Nice catch Smile Managed to duplicate this, fixed on git, cheers

Quote:And while we are talking menus, I guess I'll add my thoughts on the new style. I love the expanding home menu idea, I'm just not a big fan of the current look. One of the things that drew my attention on reFocus was the look of the menus... I really liked the transparent background and the progressively shaded selection box. The current version with everything in a box feels like a step backwards.
I feel keeping it all transparent would not really work well for the new menu as it really needs the subitems to stand out from the main category buttons in order to not get "disorientated".

Also, one of the problems with the original menu is that there's a limit to how many items can be shown on screen without the menu partly going outside of the screen boundaries. Only way to do something about it would be to make the fonts smaller, but with it being so transparent smaller fonts would be too difficult to read. Still hoping XBMC will one day support font outlines Smile

Quote:That being said, I'm not an xml coder, so I have no idea how difficult it might be to merge the old style with the new
Doing the XML is the easy part Big Grin It's trying to come up with something that I feel really works intuitively and does not totally rehash what has been done before is the difficult part.

Quote:If that's the case, then I would probably have to cast my vote for keeping the old menu style.
The old menu will likely stick around as long as XBMC changes don't make it difficult to maintain.

- otcho - 2011-09-03

Jeroen Wrote:Used pre-colored textures for now, probably when skin variables are introduced I will be able to do this, and other things, more like I would prefer to.

Could you explain what this means? Would skin variables make it possible to change the color of the menu through settings?

- Jeroen - 2011-09-03

otcho Wrote:Could you explain what this means? Would skin variables make it possible to change the color of the menu through settings?

Well, that's one of the things that I think would be possible to do. And if it won't be, it's something I'll probably nag the devs about Laugh

basically using variables would bring even more flexibility to the skinning engine.

It would be something like:

PHP Code:
<colordiffuse>$VAR[diffusecolor]</colordiffuse>

<
variable name "diffusecolor">
  <
value condition="Control.HasFocus(100)">Blue</value>
  <
value condition="!Control.HasFocus(100)">White</value>
</
variable

So it wouldn't necessarily mean color through settings, it would mean I could just make the texture white and apply the color through a colordiffuse. You can already do that, but just once within a control like a button.
Also it would be easier to define multiple user selectable color schemes for instance. As long as you keep the textures mainly white.

Anyway, this is largely assumption on my part, read more about it here Smile

- otcho - 2011-09-03

Sounds promising! Big Grin

- wolfodeiwolfy - 2011-09-04

Jeroen Wrote:Well, that's one of the things that I think would be possible to do. And if it won't be, it's something I'll probably nag the devs about Laugh

basically using variables would bring even more flexibility to the skinning engine.

It would be something like:

PHP Code:
<colordiffuse>$VAR[diffusecolor]</colordiffuse>

<
variable name "diffusecolor">
  <
value condition="Control.HasFocus(100)">Blue</value>
  <
value condition="!Control.HasFocus(100)">White</value>
</
variable

So it wouldn't necessarily mean color through settings, it would mean I could just make the texture white and apply the color through a colordiffuse. You can already do that, but just once within a control like a button.
Also it would be easier to define multiple user selectable color schemes for instance. As long as you keep the textures mainly white.

Anyway, this is largely assumption on my part, read more about it here Smile

Would it be possible to customize transparency ?

Things I noticed in git version:

In library:
-plots aren't justified, it will be more good looking
-In gallery view, There is no fanart for the highlighted movie.this bug exists in 091. There is fanart only for the other movies.

The home menu
-In the new home menu: I can't hide video, add-ons, favorites. In the classic menu they don't appear because I unselect them.
-It is impossible to come back to the top of home menu by pressing down after the favorite menu. It mean up and down "loop" in home menu. In classic menu it is possible.
-the settings menu is named system, settings menu named settings is more usefull.
-It is not simple to click on system to quit xbmc for someone who is not familiar with xbmc.
In a few words, the new home menu is really nice looking, be the classic menu is really really more easy to use.
So the classic menu with just the new home menu "skin" would be perfect. The Wife acceptance factor is important and this one is really good with the classic menu.

Here are some points I would tell you. I'm sorry because these are "bad" points to me. But If these are "bad" points, everything else is really really good and I really love refocus.

- xmurrx - 2011-09-04

Love the new home screen. Looks really nice. I was wondering due to the new home screen if you are planning to make it so pressing back when in the movie to tv show library takes you back to the home screen as opposed to the current way.

xmurrx Wrote:Love the new home screen. Looks really nice. I was wondering due to the new home screen if you are planning to make it so pressing back when in the movie to tv show library takes you back to the home screen as opposed to the current way.

Copy and paste (there is no space, forum bug):
<onclick>ActivateWindow(MyVideoLibrary,movietitles,return)</onclick>

In home menu 2.xml under: <onclick>ActivateWindow(MyVideoLibrary,movietitles)</onclick>

Watch for music, etc. for the same structure as <onclick>ActivateWindow(MyVideoLibrary,movietitles)</onclick>

Copy the structure and add ",return". In labrary, pressing back send to home screen

I did some screenshots to explain some bugs:

1: "Intérêt" do not scroll
2: not justified and do not scroll
3: do not scroll
4: not justified
5; fanart missing
6: do not scroll
7; not justified, I don't know if it scrolls
8: highlighted episode don't scroll

I hope this will help

- rich_stwrt - 2011-09-04

Another thought/suggestion.

You indicate unwatched shows with a tick-mark. I noticed on the 'items to complete' for 0.9.2, you mentioned better indication of watched/unwatched, like dimming unwatched episodes.

Maybe I'm the odd one out, but both feel kinda counter intuitive to me.

For example, you don't normally remove checks from a list of tasks to complete or items to buy... you add checks. Feels the same should hold true for watched episodes... you should be adding a mark when the task is completed.

Same holds true for dimming an item. Even if you look at this forum, unread posts are bold/highlighted... posts that have been read are unbolded/dim.

I'm sure there are those that like the current set-up. could a user selected choice for either tick-marks on watched or unwatched shows be added? As far as dimming, I fell pretty strongly that watched should be dimmed... but the again, its not my skin, and I'll keep using it whichever way it goes (or I'll find time to learn how to mod this to my liking).

Keep up the great work

- rich_stwrt - 2011-09-04

One other thing I noticed earlier today. There is a issue reported (post 1491) where the poster, once the intro video finished, could not get get anything to happen until he activated a menu from the remote. I have a similar issue with on my pc install, which is using a pre-eden nightly, but it is a couple of weeks old.

What I wanted to add is that on my atv2, which has the latest nightly, I did not see this specifically, but as I was moving around settings menus, i had what I assumed was 'now playing' info in the top right corner of the screen... anyhow it had the name of the intro file and a countdown timer, and it kept looping up to three seconds, countdown to two seconds, then back. It did this for a little while, but I'm not sure if it stopped because of something I did, or if it stopped on its own.

Long story short, I believe the two could be related to each other... the reason we are getting the black screen right after startup is that the video is not actually stopping when complete. I'm not sure how you are accomplishing the video at start-up (maybe a one item playlist set to play at start-up), so I'm not sure if this is something in the skin; I suspect this is an XBMC bug, but you might want to check into it.

In the meantime, is there an easy way to disable it... just delete the video from the skin directory? Maybe a user selected option to not play video at startup?

- Galefury - 2011-09-04

Just rename Startup.xml file from 720p folder.

- deanmv - 2011-09-04

I grabbed that log from my ATV2 setup with the jittery playback and I have hundreds of these lines when playing a video back from my NAS:

14:42:20 T:79609856 INFO: Loading skin file: VideoOverlay.xml
14:42:20 T:79609856 DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (VideoOverlay.xml) ------
14:42:20 T:79609856 DEBUG: ------ Window Init (VideoOverlay.xml) ------
14:42:20 T:79609856 DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (VideoOverlay.xml) ------
14:42:20 T:79609856 DEBUG: ------ Window Init (VideoOverlay.xml) ------

It is doing it 16 times a second so I think this might be the culprit not that I know what I means haha.

Cheers.

EDIT: I just grabbed the latest GIT build (what is 0.9.2) and everything is running better, SD TV and Films run perfectly but HD has a little stuttering within playback. Scanning through the log file the code I have posted above isn't in their either so I think you have fixed it without realising, will just wait for 0.9.2 official release.