Kodi Community Forum
v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: reFocus (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=72)
+----- Thread: v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated) (/showthread.php?tid=75867)

- Jeroen - 2011-11-30

canadave Wrote:So I'm not sure if I ever clearly asked the question--is it possible to set up the "addons" main menu item so that when we click it, it takes us to a list of all our installed video addons?
That would be possible, but how would you get to music add-ons or pictures add-ons?

But I've been thinking some more about having movies or tvshows to skip the submenu if there's no other entries enabled. That way you could keep submenus enabled for add-ons, which would do what you want I think.
And some other options are under consideration. It'll have to wait a bit, some other things to finish first Smile

kelix Wrote:Love this skin.. by FAR the best one on XBMC.

quick Qn...has global search been implemented yet?
Working on it Smile

Quote:i can't find if there is a secondary toggle to get it working with the skin.. its installed and enabled but i can't see it anywhere.
You can find it in "programs" but it will use the add-on's default skin now.

I'll probably push the initial global search support to git today or tomorrow, but after that I will have to work on integration so that you can start it from home and the menu in other screens.

- oo_void - 2011-11-30

A couple of things that I've been seeing lately ... First, I managed to lose 'Watched' status, both the flag and the ability to toggle it. I'll chalk this one up to bleeding edge (nightlies and git) and a non-standard configuration (using a centralized MySQL). That said, if anyone has any ideas outside of dropping and rebuilding my DB, I'd love to hear them.

Second is a longing running nagging issue specific to the skin, the Music / Thumbnails view doesn't seem to display the album title. Looks like a miss due to tight real estate.

Anyways ... Keep up the good work Jeron. Not only does this skin have style, but it's got a consistency that translates into polish. This is something only you and Hitcher seem to understand. All those hacks working on Aeon mods just don't get it Wink.

- canadave - 2011-11-30

Jeroen Wrote:But I've been thinking some more about having movies or tvshows to skip the submenu if there's no other entries enabled.

YES! This would be great! And logical, too, from a UI perspective Smile

- wolfbiker - 2011-12-01

Shocked the search results look awesome, way better than that little pop-up menu that is currently used. i just bought a boxee remote for my xbmc setup, so i'll actually be able to use the search function now.

edit: is that search page you posted only available with the global search plugin, or will the standard video library search work?

- Galefury - 2011-12-01

@ Jeroen: have you considered making thumbnail view use the white border when selected, for unity reasons ? I also wouldn't mind if you add an options for banners view to display 2 rows (like in my mod) just as thumbnail view has an option to switch to small grid.

- Jeroen - 2011-12-02

oo_void Wrote:A couple of things that I've been seeing lately ... First, I managed to lose 'Watched' status, both the flag and the ability to toggle it.
So the toggle in skin settings is not visible Huh

Quote:Second is a longing running nagging issue specific to the skin, the Music / Thumbnails view doesn't seem to display the album title. Looks like a miss due to tight real estate.
No, not really, there's quite a bit of room there. Probably something I looked over when I redid a lot of the labels to use skin variables. Will fix Smile

Quote:Anyways ... Keep up the good work Jeron. Not only does this skin have style, but it's got a consistency that translates into polish. This is something only you and Hitcher seem to understand. All those hacks working on Aeon mods just don't get it Wink.
Thanks, I appreciate it Smile

canadave Wrote:YES! This would be great! And logical, too, from a UI perspective Smile
Allright, on my long to do list..

wolfbiker Wrote:Shocked the search results look awesome, way better than that little pop-up menu that is currently used. i just bought a boxee remote for my xbmc setup, so i'll actually be able to use the search function now.
Initial support for the globalsearch has been pushed to git. Probably some rough edges that will need to be adressed.

Note that for now the thumbs of the episodes search results are using a poster sized thumb. I prefer to use season thumbs here, but the add-on doesn't provide these. I asked Ronie to add this. If that doesn't work out, I'll change this row to use episode thumbs.

Quote:edit: is that search page you posted only available with the global search plugin, or will the standard video library search work?
No, it's specific to the add-on. The dialog used for the normal search functionality is determined by XBMC.

Galefury Wrote:@ Jeroen: have you considered making thumbnail view use the white border when selected, for unity reasons ? I also wouldn't mind if you add an options for banners view to display 2 rows (like in my mod) just as thumbnail view has an option to switch to small grid.
Tried that a couple of days ago as a matter of fact, but it didn't really work out for me. So they will stay the way they are at least for now.

The banner view is already terribly slow when using local banners since those are not cached like scraped thumbs are. That's holding me back on doubling the amount of images tbh.

- spoco2 - 2011-12-02

I have a bit of a 'how do I do this?' question...

The main things I want to be able to get to from the main menu easily are:
Movies, TV Shows, Video add ons, Music and Photos. Now... I can get to Movies and TV Shows easily, but the only ways I can see to get to video add ons is to either have 'Videos' as a menu option, and then from there go into that and then click on the '..' for up one level, then to video add ons... a bit messy.

Or... have Add ons on the home screen, but then that's messy too as it has all of the add ons under it, and is just confusing for the wife and kids.

Is there was a way of getting what I want? Which in entirety would be:
TV Shows
Movies
Video Add Ons (Although would be great to change the name)
Kid's Videos... (This would be a pain probably. There is a folder of kids videos we have which are not tv shows and not movies, just... stuff, so they don't add to the library at all and the only way to look at them is as a non library folder. So currently I have 'videos' as a menu item along with movies and tv shows, and then go into that, and then to the kids folder... it's messy)
Photos
Music
Exit

So, currently I have Movies, TV Shows, Photos, Music and Exit all handled fine (no submenus, works nicely, goes straight to them)... It's just the add ons and non library video folder that'd be great to add.

Is this a case of me needing to fiddle with some xml files to define my home menu?

If so, that's cool, I'm just unsure what I should be doing exactly.

- Galefury - 2011-12-02

Jeroen Wrote:The banner view is already terribly slow when using local banners since those are not cached like scraped thumbs are. That's holding me back on doubling the amount of images tbh.

I didn't think of that, I have an SSD now, no problems with loading banners. Thanks for answering , probably I'll mode it for personal use. Smile

- kelix - 2011-12-02

Hrmmm.. i updated to the latest git build... but still no global search Sad

its enabled, are there any submenu items to activate?

- Galefury - 2011-12-02

kelix Wrote:Hrmmm.. i updated to the latest git build... but still no global search Sad

its enabled, are there any submenu items to activate?

Have you installed global search script ?

- kelix - 2011-12-02

Galefury Wrote:Have you installed global search script ?

of course! Wink

is it working for you?

- Galefury - 2011-12-02

kelix Wrote:of course! Wink

is it working for you?

Yes. In home screen, go to addons/programs/global search.

- wolfbiker - 2011-12-02

kelix: make sure that in the refocus settings, you go to select submenu items, and then for add-ons, click "programs" so that the check box is ticked. only then will you be able to access the global search by selecting add-ons from the home screen, then click programs, then a list of programs will pop-up. then click on global search, and the search dialog will be displayed.

edit: the command to bind the global search to a button is "RunAddon(script.globalsearch)"

- kelix - 2011-12-02

[quote=Jeroen]So the toggle in skin settings is not visible Huh

well its visible but the toggle doesn't do anything on my skin.

- kelix - 2011-12-02

wolfbiker Wrote:kelix: make sure that in the refocus settings, you go to select submenu items, and then for add-ons, click "programs" so that the check box is ticked. only then will you be able to access the global search by selecting add-ons from the home screen, then click programs, then a list of programs will pop-up. then click on global search, and the search dialog will be displayed.

edit: the command to bind the global search to a button is "RunAddon(script.globalsearch)"

thanks... ill try this soon (when back home).. would be epic if it could appear directly on the home screen "Tv Shows", "Movies", "Search"

etc