Kodi Community Forum
v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: reFocus (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=72)
+----- Thread: v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated) (/showthread.php?tid=75867)

- Jeroen - 2011-12-07

People, when you have set your scraper preferences to "prefer posters", the info screen will NOT display distorted thumbnails. If this is happening you have this setting disabled or you need to rescrape/re-set the thumb for that specific show.

A local folder.jpg is not needed for the information screen to display correctly sized thumbs, the skin does not even look for these.

If you have not set your preference to "prefer posters" the information screen WILL display distorted images.

I'm 100% sure this is working as intended.

- canadave - 2011-12-07

rich_stwrt Wrote:Check your top level directories for your TV shows. You should have a file in there called 'banner.jpg' which is used by any view that utilizes banners.

You should also have a file in there called 'folder.jpg'. This is the file that is used by the info screen, and any view that uses posters (not 'poster.jpg' as you might think). If this file is actually a a banner rather than a poster, then it will squish it up to fit in the poster space.

To correct your problems, you need to ensure that the file 'folder.jpg' is a poster. This should allow all TV views to work correctly. Once you change this file, you will need to go into the info screen and select the edit button, refresh show, and then use the local artwork.

Actually, although all of my TV shows display a banner in the Banner view, only some of them have banner.jpg anywhere in their root folder or elsewhere. And none, as far as I can see, have a folder.jpg file. These TV shows are all on my NAS.

I thought that scraped poster/banner thumbs were stored on the Apple TV 2, anyway? That's what's confusing me.

I understand what you're saying (I think) about how the folder.jpg needs to be a poster, not a banner, in order to have the TV Show Info screen display a poster. But I'm just not clear where that has to be--in the root folder of the show, on my NAS; or on my Apple TV2, in the Thumbnails folder.

**EDIT**: I see Jeroen replied as I was typing the above. I'm pretty sure I've got "prefer posters" checked, but I'll look again shortly.

- canadave - 2011-12-07

Okay...a couple of things to report:

1. First, a bug I discovered while trying to resolve the banner/poster issue Smile If you go to the TV Show Information screen, the network logo from the previous screen (the Banner view's list of shows) stays visible, in addition to the network logo from the TV Show Information screen.

2. I have prefer posters enabled now. What are the correct steps to "rescrape"? I tried to "refresh information" from the TV Show Info screen, but that didn't bring in the new thumbnail. If I go to "edit" and "change thumbnail" and choose a poster, then that looks okay in the TV Show Info screen, but the Banner view takes that poster and expands it to banner size.

- canadave - 2011-12-07

Well, I took matters in my own hands, and deleted the XBMC databases on my NAS and the /Thumbnails/Video folder on my ATV2 Smile Am re-scanning now.

Interestingly, I had selected "prefer posters" in the scraper settings earlier today...and after I blew away the databases and the video thumbnails, I went to 'set content' again for the scraper, went into the scraper settings, and "prefer posters" was unchecked again! Hmmm. Okay...well, I've re-checked it, and we'll see how things look after this finished (I'll report back).

- canadave - 2011-12-07

OK, TV show scan just finished. Prefer posters setting is enabled. However, info screen still shows distorted thumbnail.

Anything in particular I can look at to troubleshoot why it's not working on my system? I take Jeroen's word that it's working in general on other systems.

- nemulate - 2011-12-07

Why not use logo downloader or artwork downloader as I think It's called now, this should put all the relevant jpgs in your tv series folders. Then set to use local banner.

- canadave - 2011-12-07

Fair enough--I just thought that Jeroen was implying that wasn't needed. However, I'll give it a shot, it looks like a neat addon anyway to have.

- kelix - 2011-12-07

Hi again.. I've reverted back to the non git builds for the moment.

just two things which may have been fixed in the git builds but isn't on the current repository release..

1) In "movie" main menu under the "list" view.. the fan art is the movie "poster" and looks great! When i have a collections together in a folder within the "movies" section like "Star WArs" it receives the generic "Cinema" art you've got in the skin.. when i click "Movie information" i can see the first movie's fan art.. would it be possible to either i) have the first movie in the series show as the "fan art" or ii) have them rotate every say 3 seconds or randomly when scrolled over?

2) In TV shows when displayed as "banners" and then selecting a show, the season "posters" are displayed.. however... when selecting "TV show information" from the main screen it shows the banner all squished up... could it just select a "generic" or random poster from one of the season "Posters"?

lastly is it possible to turn off TV show "logos" (not channel logos) if the art already has one embedded? I know i can look for another skin without a logo but its easier to toggle on and off depending..

again.. so much hard work has gone into this.. I'm amazed at each release! can't wait for the new release to hit the repo!! (mainly as I'm on a mac and can't stack the art from git builds!)

Smile

- Jeroen - 2011-12-07

kelix Wrote:1) In "movie" main menu under the "list" view.. the fan art is the movie "poster" and looks great! When i have a collections together in a folder within the "movies" section like "Star WArs" it receives the generic "Cinema" art you've got in the skin.. when i click "Movie information" i can see the first movie's fan art.. would it be possible to either i) have the first movie in the series show as the "fan art" or ii) have them rotate every say 3 seconds or randomly when scrolled over?
No, this isn't possible

Quote:2) In TV shows when displayed as "banners" and then selecting a show, the season "posters" are displayed.. however... when selecting "TV show information" from the main screen it shows the banner all squished up... could it just select a "generic" or random poster from one of the season "Posters"?
Didn't we just go through this, a couple of times now?

Quote:lastly is it possible to turn off TV show "logos" (not channel logos) if the art already has one embedded? I know i can look for another skin without a logo but its easier to toggle on and off depending..
Nope, not possible

- canadave - 2011-12-07

Just a quick FYI--

The reason I (and perhaps other people as well) seem to be having problems with scrunched up banners/posters is because there appear to be problems with NFS in XBMC being able to write to some servers. On my Synology NAS, for instance, I seem to be unable to write files from XBMC via NFS. That would be why Artwork Downloader, for instance, was unable to download the proper thumbs and such for me.

I could manually put the banners and posters in their respective TV show folders, of course. But if someone tried to do it automatically, and is using NFS to connect to their media source, there's a good chance it won't work.

- umOuch - 2011-12-08

ATV2 - 4.3 - Nightly from last night - installed skin

Text is displaying code instead of titles.I click on System, Settings - top left I see
$var[window_title.system
FIXED - thought I was on the latest nightly... I was not.

- rich_stwrt - 2011-12-08

canadave Wrote:Just a quick FYI--

The reason I (and perhaps other people as well) seem to be having problems with scrunched up banners/posters is because there appear to be problems with NFS in XBMC being able to write to some servers. On my Synology NAS, for instance, I seem to be unable to write files from XBMC via NFS. That would be why Artwork Downloader, for instance, was unable to download the proper thumbs and such for me.

I could manually put the banners and posters in their respective TV show folders, of course. But if someone tried to do it automatically, and is using NFS to connect to their media source, there's a good chance it won't work.

Well, I can't speak of other servers, but my network shares are on a windows machine using HaneWin to share via NFS. I am using this with a Linux machine and ATV2 and neither one has any issues writing to the shared drives. In fact, I changed to NFS because I was having issues writing over SMB. Ran Artwork Downloader the other day, and it downloaded about 2000+ images (logo, posters, banners, fanart, etc) and wrote them via NFS with no issues.

As far as artwork stored in the folder, I never use the built in scrapers to get artwork. I use an external scraper (Ember Media Manager) to download artwork and .nfo's. I guess I'm anal enough that I want to choose the artwork and info that is shown in XBMC, rather than let a scraper choose it automatically.

As a result, I have banner, poster, and folder.jpg in each of my tv show folders. so when i update the library, it always scrapes the locally stored artwork. My comments about folder.jpg are based on my previous experiences.

- rich_stwrt - 2011-12-08

canadave Wrote:Just a quick FYI--

Well, i can't speak of other servers, but I my network shares are on a windows machine using HaneWin to share via NFS. I am using this with A linux machine and ATV2 and neither one has any issues writing to the shared drives. In fact, I changed to NFS because I was having issues writing over SMB. Ran Artwork Downloader the other day, and it downloaded about 2000+ images (logo, posters, banners, fanart, etc) and wrote them via NFS with no issues.

As far as artwork stored in the folder, I never use the built in scrapers. I use and external scraper (Ember Media Manager) to download artwork and .nfo's. I guess I'm anal enough that I want to choose the artwork and info that is shown in XBMC, rather than let a scraper choose it automatically.

As a result, I have banner, poster, and folder.jpg in each of my tv show folders. so when i update the library, it always scrapes the locally stored artwork. My comments about folder.jpg are based on my previous experiences.

- iDude - 2011-12-08

Jeroen Wrote:
kelix Wrote:1) In "movie" main menu under the "list" view.. the fan art is the movie "poster" and looks great! When i have a collections together in a folder within the "movies" section like "Star WArs" it receives the generic "Cinema" art you've got in the skin.. when i click "Movie information" i can see the first movie's fan art.. would it be possible to either i) have the first movie in the series show as the "fan art" or ii) have them rotate every say 3 seconds or randomly when scrolled over?
No, this isn't possible

Wouldn't it be possible with this addon?
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=89163

Seems to be eden compatible: http://passion-xbmc.org/addons/?Page=View&ID=script.moviesets

- Jeroen - 2011-12-08

iDude Wrote:Wouldn't it be possible with this addon?
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=89163

Seems to be eden compatible: http://passion-xbmc.org/addons/?Page=View&ID=script.moviesets

I don't know, I've never used it.
But this is really something that should be supported properly by XBMC itself.
It's not really something I plan on adding tbh.