Kodi Community Forum
v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: reFocus (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=72)
+----- Thread: v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated) (/showthread.php?tid=75867)

- Jeroen - 2011-12-10

canadave Wrote:Hey, this is odd. Just noticed an interesting, if exceedingly minor, little bug.

I just went into a movie set I have, and scrolled left and right using the remote to cycle through all the movies in the set. The movie set is in Gallery view mode. When I scroll to the LEFT, everything is fine, the fanart moves along smoothly, etc. But when I scroll to the RIGHT, everything is fine.....EXCEPT, the portion of the fanart image that's on the left, slightly off-screen, "blanks out" or flickers for a moment. It's as if the image is discarded and reloaded. Meanwhile, the centre image that I'm looking at for the currently selected movie, as well as the image to the right that's slightly off-screen, all scroll over with no flickering.

I tried it with a different movie set....same thing. It's a bug Smile Not sure if it's an XBMC bug or a bug with Gallery view, though....

Jeroen Wrote:I'll have to set up some movie sets first to look into it. I'll get back to you about this.

I set up a Star Wars movie set, but I can't seem to reproduce this. Everything scrolls and behaves normally as with regular items Huh
How are your movie sets organised, file structure wise? Are the individual movies in separate folders, or are they all in the same folder?

- Jeroen - 2011-12-10

Abrasher Wrote:What do I need to do to get the watchlist working? The screen is blank when I select it. I have tv and movies on my system... And I don't see any script errors. Thoughts?

You shouldn't have to do anything, it should load automatically. That said, there have been reports of issues with loading multiple scripts in XBMC.
Also, on my work PC there are no issues, but on my actual HTPC there are no items showing up either.
Are both the episodes and the movies not showing? Or just the episodes?

Are you sure the add-on properly installed? Is it present in the add-ons folder?

- canadave - 2011-12-10

Jeroen Wrote:I set up a Star Wars movie set, but I can't seem to reproduce this. Everything scrolls and behaves normally as with regular items Huh
How are your movie sets organised, file structure wise? Are the individual movies in separate folders, or are they all in the same folder?

Yeah, I was afraid this one might be tricky to reproduce.

I have my movie sets organized where each movie is in its own separate folder, with a corresponding .NFO file in each folder, as well as a fanart.jpg in each folder as well. The fanart.jpg files are fairly large (500KB). Everything is fine in every other respect; but when I click into the set and then select Gallery view (no extra fanart enabled) and scroll left/right to each movie, that's when I see the bug. It's on the ATV2 of course. If I get a chance I'll see if I can set up things on my Macbook and see if I can reproduce it there as well.

Each .NFO file, btw, looks liek this at the top (spelling out the sort order and the set it belongs to):

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<movie>
<title>Shrek 2</title>
<sorttitle>Shrek 2</sorttitle>
<set>Shrek Collection</set>

<movie>
<title>Shrek the Third</title>
<sorttitle>Shrek 3</sorttitle>

Again I'm happy to provide a video if that'll help Smile

- wolfbiker - 2011-12-10

wolfbiker Wrote:likely not a refocus issue per se, but any idea why when i enable the status bar, the total number of movies listed differs from the total shown if i browse my movies library? the status bar shows ~1,450 movies while the browsing the movie library displays a total of ~1,430 items.

i guess i'll answer my own question: i believe if you have movies in collections, the total listed when you first enter the library doesn't take into account the movies located within collections. that's why the total on the status bar at the main menu is larger than the number when you enter the library. the library is showing X items (not counting X items within each collection) and not X movies total.

- umOuch - 2011-12-11

Jeroen Wrote:You shouldn't have to do anything, it should load automatically. That said, there have been reports of issues with loading multiple scripts in XBMC.
Also, on my work PC there are no issues, but on my actual HTPC there are no items showing up either.
Are both the episodes and the movies not showing? Or just the episodes?

Are you sure the add-on properly installed? Is it present in the add-ons folder?

It is empty in both cases. Not sure what has happened. I do see it in my add-ons. i will try to reinstall and report back.

- Jeroen - 2011-12-11

canadave Wrote:Yeah, I was afraid this one might be tricky to reproduce.

I have my movie sets organized where each movie is in its own separate folder, with a corresponding .NFO file in each folder, as well as a fanart.jpg in each folder as well. The fanart.jpg files are fairly large (500KB). Everything is fine in every other respect; but when I click into the set and then select Gallery view (no extra fanart enabled) and scroll left/right to each movie, that's when I see the bug. It's on the ATV2 of course. If I get a chance I'll see if I can set up things on my Macbook and see if I can reproduce it there as well.

Each .NFO file, btw, looks liek this at the top (spelling out the sort order and the set it belongs to):

<movie>
<title>Shrek 2</title>
<sorttitle>Shrek 2</sorttitle>

<movie>
<title>Shrek the Third</title>
<sorttitle>Shrek 3</sorttitle>

Again I'm happy to provide a video if that'll help Smile

Might as well do that, as I have no clue Confused My movie set is set up in the exact same way.

wolfbiker Wrote:i guess i'll answer my own question: i believe if you have movies in collections, the total listed when you first enter the library doesn't take into account the movies located within collections. that's why the total on the status bar at the main menu is larger than the number when you enter the library. the library is showing X items (not counting X items within each collection) and not X movies total.

Indeed, that's it. Now that I have a movie set the totals differ for me too. I consider it an XBMC bug, I'll report it later.

Abrasher Wrote:It is empty in both cases. Not sure what has happened. I do see it in my add-ons. i will try to reinstall and report back.
I might now what's causing it. Could you check if there are any xml's in your reFocus/720p folder that start with "custom_" besides the following:
  • custom_Edit.xml
  • custom_HomeMenuSettings.xml
  • custom_Search.xml
  • custom_SkinSettings.xml
  • custom_Watchlist.xml

If so, delete those. Make sure you've updated to the latest git first before checking.

reFocus might be adressing an old/renamed xml's Window ID instead of the current watchlist window.

- canadave - 2011-12-11

Jeroen Wrote:Might as well do that, as I have no clue Confused My movie set is set up in the exact same way.
hehe...will do, Jeroen. Might not get to it today, but within the next couple of days for sure I'll post a movie of what I'm seeing. It's not a big deal, so...

btw just saw the dev thread about Artwork Downloader....that's going to be really cool...looks like a case of a great script getting even better, and combined with this great reFocus skin it should be just incredible! Smile

- cedell - 2011-12-11

For a while now XBMC has been crashing whenever I do a search within a add-on (specifically Youtube). I assumed it was due to me having a nightly build, but upon switching skins I realized it was refocus. As soon as I hit "Done" in the virtual keyboard for a search it freezes.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Refocus 0.9.4.1
OSX 10.6.8
XBMC Pre-11.0 GIT:2011/12/10 (Although this has been the case with other prievios builds.)

- butchabay - 2011-12-11

cedell Wrote:For a while now XBMC has been crashing whenever I do a search within a add-on (specifically Youtube). I assumed it was due to me having a nightly build, but upon switching skins I realized it was refocus. As soon as I hit "Done" in the virtual keyboard for a search it freezes.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Refocus 0.9.4.1
OSX 10.6.8
XBMC Pre-11.0 GIT:2011/12/10 (Although this has been the case with other prievios builds.)

Yes and it's not skin related, it seems it's a python issue and need to be fixed in xbmc. If you want to use the youtube addon, try to disable next aired and tvtunes in addon settings.

- Martijn - 2011-12-11

butchabay Wrote:Yes and it's not skin related, it seems it's a python issue and need to be fixed in xbmc. If you want to use the youtube addon, try to disable next aired and tvtunes in addon settings.

Has anybody actualy made a trac ticket for this? I asked ronie and he could not recall any one made it.

- butchabay - 2011-12-11

Martijn Wrote:Has anybody actualy made a trac ticket for this? I asked ronie and he could not recall any one made it.

If you could do one then? I'm not really familiar to trac ticket. As i was sure big_noid made one ... Just saying that because he did a hack for this in aeon nox.

- canadave - 2011-12-11

Jeroen, just sent you a PM with the link to the Gallery view scroll bug. If there's anything else you want to see from my setup with regards to that, just let me know.

- canadave - 2011-12-11

EDIT--never mind, answered my own question Smile

- rich_stwrt - 2011-12-12

Small bug. Updated from git this morning.

On the Home Screen dialog, the weather toggle is backwards. If the box is unchecked, I get the weather menu item, if it is checked, no weather.

Love recent changes. Keep 'em coming.

- Martijn - 2011-12-12

butchabay Wrote:If you could do one then? I'm not really familiar to trac ticket. As i was sure big_noid made one ... Just saying that because he did a hack for this in aeon nox.

The ticket he had was solved. If any one still has problems when running several script at a time please create a new ticket.
I created a new one for problems when running my script:
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/12282