Kodi Community Forum
v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: reFocus (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=72)
+----- Thread: v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated) (/showthread.php?tid=75867)

- Jeroen - 2011-12-16

Abrasher Wrote:So, it is still a no go on my ATV2.

I have the latest build (Dec - 10)
I have your latest release (stable - not github)
The latest Watchlist script (1.1.7(?))
And I verified that there were no extra "custom" files under the 720 folder.

There was an extra Watchlist - custom file. I deleted it. There was no change. The option still loads blank screen on both television and movies.

This is not a huge deal as I tend to not need it. I am just wanting to keep you apprised on the ATV2 front!

Let me know if I can do anything else to test this or troubleshoot it for you.

YOU ARE THE MAN JEROEN - as always, love this skin!

Strange, does it work when you try a different skin that supports watchlist (transparency for example) ?
I have made some changes in how/when the add-on is started/updated on the git version. A new official release isn't far away, so maybe wait for that and see if that fixes it?
Any other (ATV) users that are experiencing this issue?

wb2alta Wrote:I have no idea how this happened, but somehow in the YouTube addon when using the thumbnail view I now see the same thumbnail picture (from one of my tv shows oddly, Comedy Central) for every video in my favorites. Any idea what jpeg or file ReFocus might be using for the thumbnail?
I have no idea, the skin just uses a normal ListItem.Thumb, which is provided by the add-on in this case. Did you check if that thumbnail is showing up when using another skin?

- tungmeister - 2011-12-16

Jeroen Wrote:I've been playing around with a different approach to using the Watchlist addon.

The idea would be that optionally going into tv shows from the home menu, you would be lead into the watchlist add-on right away.

So it will list the shows you're currently watching, and when you go left past the first show listed there would be three custom entries:

From left to right:
  1. New episodes - Will lead to "recently added episodes"
  2. In progress - Will list all episodes you haven't finished watching
  3. all - Will lead to the regular tv show listing (like it currently is when selecting "browse" in the home tv show submenu

The thumbs used for those custom entries would be replaced by something more appropriate of course.

I was wondering about people's thoughts on this. As it would probably mean the current watchlist implementation to be dropped.
    I'm not sure about it yet, but I thought it would be a pretty intuitive way to select what you want to watch. It feels more integrated to me and functions as a sort of hub.

Are you still considering this idea or has it been abandoned? I really thought it was a great concept to fully integrate the watchlist seamlessly into the root of TV/Movies.

- Jeroen - 2011-12-16

tungmeister Wrote:Are you still considering this idea or has it been abandoned? I really thought it was a great concept to fully integrate the watchlist seamlessly into the root of TV/Movies.

Still under consideration, I have been working on it today actually.
The "problem" is that if it's going to look that integrated, I think I should *have* to go all the way and make multiple viewtypes available to it or else it may feel "weird".
But as I can't simply use the viewtypes already in place I have to recreate them for the add-on alone.
Which only strengthens my opinion that the watchlist should be integrated in XBMC like recently added was. It's such a truly useful add-on that relates very closely to XBMC's core functionality. Integrating it would allow it to be even more powerful.
And it would save me a crapload of coding ;P

- tungmeister - 2011-12-17

Jeroen Wrote:Still under consideration, I have been working on it today actually.
The "problem" is that if it's going to look that integrated, I think I should *have* to go all the way and make multiple viewtypes available to it or else it may feel "weird".
But as I can't simply use the viewtypes already in place I have to recreate them for the add-on alone.
Which only strengthens my opinion that the watchlist should be integrated in XBMC like recently added was. It's such a truly useful add-on that relates very closely to XBMC's core functionality. Integrating it would allow it to be even more powerful.
And it would save me a crapload of coding ;P

It would be great to see the watchlist integrated into xbmc, I could defiantly see it happen at some point in the future, though obviously not at the moment due to the feature freeze. If its any indication how long it took recently added to become integrated though we could be in for quite a wait (though hopefully someone wants this enough to code it asap).

- Ondskan - 2011-12-17

Jeroen Wrote:Sure, reFocus is released under a CC license.

I'd rather not, sorry. I understand how it would be logical in specific situations but there are just 2 positions left in the movies submenu. At least one I want to reserve so only one playlist could be added. And I don't want any overflowing or scrolling of the menu. As smart playlists can be movies, tvshows or mixed the video submenu seemed the most optimal to me.

Sure, I'll change them to autoscroll.

Thank you, I installed the git version and it's perfect.

- Jeroen - 2011-12-17

tungmeister Wrote:It would be great to see the watchlist integrated into xbmc, I could defiantly see it happen at some point in the future, though obviously not at the moment due to the feature freeze. If its any indication how long it took recently added to become integrated though we could be in for quite a wait (though hopefully someone wants this enough to code it asap).

Just pushed a first draft of the Watchlist rework to Git. I think I'll be going through with this, I just like the integrated feel it has this way.

It's still a bit rough, so it won't be perfect yet. For now it's still a separate entry in the movie and tv show submenu.

Customizing home menu beyond available skin options - Ebatte - 2011-12-17

This us by far my favorite skin, but I wish the home menu customizations had more possibilities. Can anyone direct me to the instructions to manually customize the XML files to my liking? For example, I'd like for pseudotv to be at the top level of the home menu, as well as a playlist for the kids.

Thanks

- Jeroen - 2011-12-17

So I was searching all over to find an image to use as a thumbnail for the "new movies" node in the watchlist. I just couldn't find anything that really symbolized "movies" and "new". So I thought why not make it actually show a couple of the latest additions?
So I came up with this, which I thought was a pretty nice idea Smile

- ComputerCarl - 2011-12-18

Ebatte Wrote:This us by far my favorite skin, but I wish the home menu customizations had more possibilities. Can anyone direct me to the instructions to manually customize the XML files to my liking? For example, I'd like for pseudotv to be at the top level of the home menu, as well as a playlist for the kids.

Thanks

Me too, me too. I see that they are available in Refocus Elf, but that hasn't been updated in a while.

Big Grin

*Edit -- Latest version from GIT is nice, good start. Will there be more customizations available in the future, like adding custom items on the main menu, and/or renaming main menu items?

- canadave - 2011-12-18

Jeroen Wrote:So I was searching all over to find an image to use as a thumbnail for the "new movies" node in the watchlist. I just couldn't find anything that really symbolized "movies" and "new". So I thought why not make it actually show a couple of the latest additions?
So I came up with this, which I thought was a pretty nice idea Smile

Heyyyy......VERY nice!!!! Love that idea! And it looks great Smile

Actually, I kind of wonder whether that might not be a great option to have for a movie set thumbnail too!

Just one question...what happens if there is only one or two new movies?

oh, I guess one more question, speaking of movie sets--did you happen to see my PM from a week or so ago about that minor movie set bug? Not pushing you about fixing it, just wanted to make sure that you got the link to the video I shot of it. cheers Smile

- canadave - 2011-12-18

hey guys, got another question. How do you get weather? I thought it was a homescreen option, but I don't see it on my home window, and I don't see anything where I can enable it in Settings.

EDIT: Hmmm. It eventually showed up on my home window, but it took a while. Looking at the log, there seem to be some problems with the watchlist stuff, too (this is all running latest reFocus git by the way). First I got a script error for the watchlist. Then I rebooted my Apple TV2. I went back in, and didn't get the error this time, but this is the log I'm seeing now:

http://pastebin.com/DypfVtwa

- Jeroen - 2011-12-18

Martijn Wrote:@Jeroen

Have you noticed that the path in DialogVideoInfo isn't correct or is it only on my setup?

In the dialog it ends on however it should be

In library itself it will show correctly.

Missed this one earlier, fixed on git Smile Cheers

ComputerCarl Wrote:Me too, me too. I see that they are available in Refocus Elf, but that hasn't been updated in a while.

Big Grin

*Edit -- Latest version from GIT is nice, good start. Will there be more customizations available in the future, like adding custom items on the main menu, and/or renaming main menu items?

Nope. What you're asking for is basically a totally free-form menu system which is something that can't be coded in any sane way. Hierarchically it wouldn't make any sense to put add-ons and playlists on the main menu imo. I think the home menu is pretty flexible at the moment, I really can't take it much further than it is. In the end, there's so many specific usage scenarios, I simply can't facilitate all of them. Plus, modding it to your specific preference really isn't that hard.

canadave Wrote:Heyyyy......VERY nice!!!! Love that idea! And it looks great Smile

Actually, I kind of wonder whether that might not be a great option to have for a movie set thumbnail too!
That would indeed be nice, but not possible with the current implementation of movie sets in XBMC unfortunately.

Quote:Just one question...what happens if there is only one or two new movies?
The "collage" only shows when there are at least 4 new items.

Quote:oh, I guess one more question, speaking of movie sets--did you happen to see my PM from a week or so ago about that minor movie set bug? Not pushing you about fixing it, just wanted to make sure that you got the link to the video I shot of it. cheers Smile
Yeah, sorry about that. Thanks for the video, I haven't been able to reproduce it unfortunately. I think it may be performance related, or related to the multi-image control. Maybe it's loading/unloading that even if you don't have the extrafanart enabled. I'll see if I can tweak that to see if it makes a difference.

//edit: actually, could you delete lines 96 through 108 and lines 221 through 231 from ViewGallery.xml and see if that makes any difference?

canadave Wrote:hey guys, got another question. How do you get weather? I thought it was a homescreen option, but I don't see it on my home window, and I don't see anything where I can enable it in Settings.

EDIT: Hmmm. It eventually showed up on my home window, but it took a while.
The weather option only shows when the weather info has been fully fetched.

Quote: Looking at the log, there seem to be some problems with the watchlist stuff, too (this is all running latest reFocus git by the way). First I got a script error for the watchlist. Then I rebooted my Apple TV2. I went back in, and didn't get the error this time, but this is the log I'm seeing now:

http://pastebin.com/DypfVtwa

I can't help but think there's something specific going on with the watchlist on ATV's since Abrasher is having issues too. The watchlist is loaded on startup, so maybe that's why it loaded up after rebooting. However it should also be loaded when entering the homescreen if it isn't already running.

- Martijn - 2011-12-18

Jeroen Wrote:Missed this one earlier, fixed on git Smile Cheers

About the VideoInfoDialog i think it's a bug in XBMC itself. Do you have that same issue?

- Jeroen - 2011-12-18

Martijn Wrote:About the VideoInfoDialog i think it's a bug in XBMC itself. Do you have that same issue?

I did have the same issue, but I was a bit confused about it actually.

I changed it to use ListItem.FilenameandPath, and now it shows the path including subfolders. However using this it should actually show the full path including the filename.

The intended behavior for me is to show the full path without filename, which should work with Listitem.Path.

So yes, upon further thought I think it's an xbmc bug.

edit: it does show filename and path, however only for movies (obviously as tv shows don't have a filename)

- Martijn - 2011-12-18

Jeroen Wrote:I did have the same issue, but I was a bit confused about it actually.

I changed it to use ListItem.FilenameandPath, and now it shows the path including subfolders. However using this it should actually show the full path including the filename.

The intended behavior for me is to show the full path without filename, which should work with Listitem.Path.

So yes, upon further thought I think it's an xbmc bug.
I thought i was alone at this issue.
Maybe you could add some further comment on this then and hope this will get fixed Wink
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/12244