Kodi Community Forum
v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: reFocus (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=72)
+----- Thread: v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated) (/showthread.php?tid=75867)

- Jeroen - 2011-12-18

Done Smile

- Martijn - 2011-12-18

@Jeroen

Small glitch
When you use big list view in tvshows and you have posters the option says 'use posters' to switch to fanart.

- Ebatte - 2011-12-18

Jeroen Wrote:Missed this one earlier, fixed on git Smile Cheers

Nope. What you're asking for is basically a totally free-form menu system which is something that can't be coded in any sane way... Plus, modding it to your specific preference really isn't that hard.

Ok, I can understand that. Are there any clear instructions on how to customize the home menu somewhere?

- Jeroen - 2011-12-18

Martijn Wrote:@Jeroen

Small glitch
When you use big list view in tvshows and you have posters the option says 'use posters' to switch to fanart.

Cheers, fixed Smile

Ebatte Wrote:Ok, I can understand that. Are there any clear instructions on how to customize the home menu somewhere?
There aren't any standardized instructions on something as specific as a home menu as there's countless ways to make one.

Best way imo is to just look at the code that's already there, interpret it and change it to your preference. The main menu is in HomeMenu.xml, the submenus are in HomeSubMenu.xml
Coupled with the skinning articles on the wiki it shouldn't be hard.

Basically all you need to do here is add or change an item to any of the menus, give it a label and clicking event.

- canadave - 2011-12-18

Jeroen Wrote:Yeah, sorry about that. Thanks for the video, I haven't been able to reproduce it unfortunately. I think it may be performance related, or related to the multi-image control. Maybe it's loading/unloading that even if you don't have the extrafanart enabled. I'll see if I can tweak that to see if it makes a difference.

//edit: actually, could you delete lines 96 through 108 and lines 221 through 231 from ViewGallery.xml and see if that makes any difference?
No worries, thanks Smile I'll test your proposed idea and I'll post back in this thread with the result, when I get a chance (hopefully today, tomorrow at latest).

Jeroen Wrote:The weather option only shows when the weather info has been fully fetched.
I see that now Smile I guess it isn't reFocus-related then, and I can already guess what the likely answer to my next question is going to be, but....is there any way to speed that process up? Big Grin

Jeroen Wrote:I can't help but think there's something specific going on with the watchlist on ATV's since Abrasher is having issues too. The watchlist is loaded on startup, so maybe that's why it loaded up after rebooting. However it should also be loaded when entering the homescreen if it isn't already running.
Actually, I'm not entirely sure it ever did load up. I've rebooted several more times now, and each time I'm getting that watchlist script failed error. I'm wondering now whether I was looking away from my TV when the error popped up that one time and simply missed it. It's possible... Smile

Anyway, thanks again for all the replies!

- Ebatte - 2011-12-18

Jeroen Wrote:Cheers, fixed Smile

There aren't any standardized instructions on something as specific as a home menu as there's countless ways to make one.

For anyone else who wants to try this, I edited AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\skin.refocus\720p\HomeMenu.xml

Add the following to create a home menu item for PseudoTV:
Code:
<!--PseudoTV-->
<item id="100">
<description>PTV Button</description>
<label>PseudoTV</label>
<onclick>XBMC.runscript(script.pseudotv)</onclick>
</item>

It seems to work, although I'm not a coder so if you're more familiar with skinning let me know if I did something wrong.

- canadave - 2011-12-19

Jeroen Wrote:Yeah, sorry about that. Thanks for the video, I haven't been able to reproduce it unfortunately. I think it may be performance related, or related to the multi-image control. Maybe it's loading/unloading that even if you don't have the extrafanart enabled. I'll see if I can tweak that to see if it makes a difference.

//edit: actually, could you delete lines 96 through 108 and lines 221 through 231 from ViewGallery.xml and see if that makes any difference?

Hi Jeroen, I just tried editing that ViewGallery.xml file (you meant the one in the /720p folder I assume), and the edit had zero effect--same problem, scrolling to the right makes the left-most half-image blink out for a moment before loading, but scrolling to the left is fine.

- PatrickBateman - 2011-12-19

Hi all,

Noticed a small bug win the skin... When in slide view and "highlight first letter when scrolling" is enabled, the skin flashes up the first letter of the show over the top of the the breadcrumbs every singletime you move, even 1 fileat a time (not scrolling)

I wuold expect this to behave in a way where upon it doesn't display any letter until its been scrolling for more that 1/4 of a second or so continuously. It's barely noticeable, but there in lies the problem, if it was there to let people see the letter, they cant as it's too fast to see what is displaying anyway (on a single click) ... So I think it should be disabled when navigating 1 file at a time, and then enabled when a scroll is in effect. It functions as expected when in "list" view but this bug appears when in "slide" view.

Great skin though, absolutely love the speed at which it flows! Very very quick and smooth.

Great work and looks beautiful... Just that minor niggle from me Smile

Cheers,
Pat~

Edit:
Any chance of a link to the wall paper so I can set my desktop to that Same background? Cheers.

- canadave - 2011-12-19

PatrickBateman Wrote:Any chance of a link to the wall paper so I can set my desktop to that Same background? Cheers.

It's in the skin's "media" folder, in the "backgrounds" subfolder Wink Background.png.

- PatrickBateman - 2011-12-19

canadave Wrote:It's in the skin's "media" folder, in the "backgrounds" subfolder Wink Background.png.

Blush
Silly me...

Edit..
Hang on I checked in there earleir and it's a compressed xbt file? How do I uncompressed it? Smile

- ZombieRobot - 2011-12-20

Hey pat you cant unzip the textures but can get the files you need here

- Martijn - 2011-12-20

-You beat me to it Zombie Smile

- mortstar - 2011-12-20

Couple of things in watchlist. First, the episode number is the same for every item, looks like label2 has been set with the episode number of item 1 for everything in the list. Secondly, I'm trying to remove the All Items and New Episodes (though nice work on the mini posters!), when I do this I'm having trouble moving focus back to the first item in the list, I've had a play with custom_watchlist.xml but can't get it right, where should I look to set this to the first item but still in the same x coordinate?

Skin's looking great as always.

- wb2alta - 2011-12-20

Jeroen Wrote:Strange, does it work when you try a different skin that supports watchlist (transparency for example) ?
I have made some changes in how/when the add-on is started/updated on the git version. A new official release isn't far away, so maybe wait for that and see if that fixes it?
Any other (ATV) users that are experiencing this issue?

I have no idea, the skin just uses a normal ListItem.Thumb, which is provided by the add-on in this case. Did you check if that thumbnail is showing up when using another skin?

If I use Confluence the background defaults to the same TV show that is incorrectly showing as the thumbnail for YouTube videos. In Confluence I can change it to "no fanart" so it shows correctly, but in reFocus I can't seem to find any way of making it so that the thumbnails view shows the correct thumbnail for each YouTube video. It just shows the same thumb from one of my TV Shows for each video.

- canadave - 2011-12-20

Is Cinema Experience still working for anyone?

I used to run it just fine on reFocus, three or four weeks ago or so. I just tried it again, a few times, and it doesn't seem to be working--I click "Cinema", the dialog disappears, and then the screen simply freezes in place and I have to restart XBMC from a command prompt. I don't think Cinema Experience has changed at all, but I've gone through a couple of updating installs of reFocus git.

Here's the log....any ideas? Can anyone with Cinema Experience see if it's still working?
http://pastebin.com/Tg6HDsf5