XBMC Community Forum
[Release] reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated) - Printable Version

+- XBMC Community Forum (http://forum.xbmc.org)
+-- Forum: Help and Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skin Help and Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: reFocus (/forumdisplay.php?fid=72)
+---- Thread: [Release] reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated) (/showthread.php?tid=75867)

- deanmv - 2012-01-07 23:40

Quaith Wrote:Trying out this skin and loving it so far Smile I've got a few questions though.

1: How can I get an addon directly under the add-on menu? I saw in the customize home menu skin setting that there is a setting for add-on 1, 2 etc but it never gives me the option to actually select an addon, just entering a label or something that doesn't do anything. Am I missing something here or are you supposed to go to your addons through addons>programs>tv show - next aired.

Settings -> Skin -> Customize home menu -> Add-ons -> Tick "programs" -> Add-on 1 -> pick the add on -> type the Label -> ok

- Quaith - 2012-01-08 00:33

deanmv Wrote:Settings -> Skin -> Customize home menu -> Add-ons -> Tick "programs" -> Add-on 1 -> pick the add on -> type the Label -> ok

That's the issue, i don't see any addons listed when I press Add-on 1.

- deanmv - 2012-01-08 00:34

Quaith Wrote:That's the issue, i don't see any addons listed when I press Add-on 1.

You have add ons install right?

- Quaith - 2012-01-08 00:38

deanmv Wrote:You have add ons install right?

Yep. When I press add-on 1 I get a screen called media sources and the only option there is "none (clear the current setting)" or to install more addons. When I click this screen away it asks me to provide a label, but nothing more. The label will be listed in the addons submenu but obviously not doing anything because I didn't link it to a addon.

-edit-

When using confluence this does work btw, it lists all the addons I installed when I select add-on 1 so sounds to me like a skin bug.

- deanmv - 2012-01-08 01:12

Quaith Wrote:Yep. When I press add-on 1 I get a screen called media sources and the only option there is "none (clear the current setting)" or to install more addons. When I click this screen away it asks me to provide a label, but nothing more. The label will be listed in the addons submenu but obviously not doing anything because I didn't link it to a addon.

-edit-

When using confluence this does work btw, it lists all the addons I installed when I select add-on 1 so sounds to me like a skin bug.

That is odd Confused Tried uninstalling and reinstalling the skin?

- Jeroen - 2012-01-08 11:32

Quaith Wrote:2: I've been digging through the xml's to get a Radio submenu under live tv, but without success. Any chance you can point me in the right direction in what files I should be editing? To me it seems like the pvr part handles the Radio section differently than the TV Channels section, or i'm just looking at the wrong files Smile

Yeah, going into the different parts of the pvr is handled differently than going into different parts of the video library for instance. It's one window with several containers you switch to with the side menu.

First you open the PVR window, then you focus the radio entry in the side menu (ID=33), and then you set focus to the radio channels' container (ID=12)

So, this should work:
PHP Code:
<item id="1">
    <
label>radio</label>
    <
onclick>ActivateWindow(PVR)</onclick>
    <
onclick>SetFocus(33)</onclick>
    <
onclick>SetFocus(12)</onclick>
</
item

HomeSubMenu.xml is the file you would have to add this button to.

Kami Wrote:Looking at this again, fanart.jpg is definitely used instead of folder.jpg for the thumbnails in Library mode. Is there anyway to change this, rather than manually setting the fanart to folder.jpg instead?
Whatever local image shows up in this view is picked up by XBMC. reFocus does not call locally stored images anywhere aside from banners for tv shows (plus logos and extrafanart).

ixdvc Wrote:I made a german translation based on the english strings.xml from reFocus 0.9.5: http://textsnip.com/0eba2f/xml
Thank you! Smile

- Quaith - 2012-01-08 18:30

Jeroen Wrote:Yeah, going into the different parts of the pvr is handled differently than going into different parts of the video library for instance. It's one window with several containers you switch to with the side menu.

First you open the PVR window, then you focus the radio entry in the side menu (ID=33), and then you set focus to the radio channels' container (ID=12)

So, this should work:
PHP Code:
<item id="1">
    <
label>radio</label>
    <
onclick>ActivateWindow(PVR)</onclick>
    <
onclick>SetFocus(33)</onclick>
    <
onclick>SetFocus(12)</onclick>
</
item

HomeSubMenu.xml is the file you would have to add this button to.

Works, thank you!

About the addon submenu issue I have: reinstalled the skin and still can't get it to work. To workaround this I added the addon to my favorites, and enabled the favorites menu, good enough Smile

- wolfodeiwolfy - 2012-01-08 19:11

Hi jeroen,

I would like to add some shadowcolor to home menu item (movie, tv shows, etc.) but I can't find the xml where I can do this mod.

Thanks for your help

EDIT: I've found where it is.

w2w

Few ideas... - Lunatixz - 2012-01-08 22:14

I have a few ideas, and mods which I would like to see in the latest build...

1.) add " $INFO[ListItem.TVShowTitle] "to the variables.xml episode line...
this adds the tvshow name to playlist info

2.) option to disable seekbar for pesudeotv " !Window.IsActive(script.pseudotv.TVOverlay.xml " in dialogseekbar.xml "

3.) add a hulu, icefilm, and amazon overlay similar to the watched overlay to show cloud media...

- The-Boxhead - 2012-01-08 23:27

Jeroen a little request when you have finished up all the rest...

I'm a huge music lover but sadly most skins doesent give much love to a proper music viewtype.

I would love to see a proper list view with some more info than artist/title/album. Those would be required but seeing the year of the album is important to me also when i browse. Im not interested in fanart for such a viewtype.

So i would love this:
Year of currently selected album
file encoding (flac/mp3 etc)
Bitrate
Total Playtime
Number of tracks
Review (could be as an option/popup)

All of this should be read from id3 tags

- costi - 2012-01-08 23:30

Is it possible to add smart playlists as Home menu items, not as sub-items of Videos?

I can do the mod myself, if necessary, but I don't know where to look.

EDIT: also, how to add program plugins to System menu (instead of having a separate category on the home screen)?

- Jeroen - 2012-01-09 20:04

Lunatixz Wrote:1.) add " $INFO[ListItem.TVShowTitle] "to the variables.xml episode line...
this adds the tvshow name to playlist info
Not sure what you mean as there's several places that regard episodes.

Quote:2.) option to disable seekbar for pesudeotv " !Window.IsActive(script.pseudotv.TVOverlay.xml " in dialogseekbar.xml "
I'm not really fond of building in add-on specific conditions.

Quote:3.) add a hulu, icefilm, and amazon overlay similar to the watched overlay to show cloud media...
What purpose would this serve? I would assume one's aware of the content being cloud based when they start the add-on.

The-Boxhead Wrote:Jeroen a little request when you have finished up all the rest...

I'm a huge music lover but sadly most skins doesent give much love to a proper music viewtype.

I would love to see a proper list view with some more info than artist/title/album. Those would be required but seeing the year of the album is important to me also when i browse. Im not interested in fanart for such a viewtype.

So i would love this:
Year of currently selected album
file encoding (flac/mp3 etc)
Bitrate
Total Playtime
Number of tracks
Review (could be as an option/popup)

All of this should be read from id3 tags

Well, the point is that XBMC itself doesn't show the music library as much love as the video library, and as a result there's only so much skins can do.
Bitrate, Total Playtime and number of Tracks are not available as infolabels, so that's impossible to add. Especially the number of tracks would be something I would like to see, and also the number of albums for an artist.

Year is something I can do. I don't think codec is possible, even though it is in the video library. I think I would have to rely on the file extension, reading from the ID3 tag by skins isn't possible.

I'll bring up some suggestions for the music library to the devs when Eden is final.

I'm not planning to add new viewtypes, but the big list view would provide space for additional info. Album reviews is something I'd prefer to keep in the album information screen as I don't feel it's a big part of the process of selecting what I want to listen to.

costi Wrote:Is it possible to add smart playlists as Home menu items, not as sub-items of Videos?

I can do the mod myself, if necessary, but I don't know where to look.

EDIT: also, how to add program plugins to System menu (instead of having a separate category on the home screen)?
HomeMenu.xml is the file you would want to take a look at.

- deanmv - 2012-01-09 20:28

I have tried to implement the TV Guide grid (using TV Show Next Aired) into the home screen and have added a button that uses:

Code:
    <control type="button" id="1400">
                        <label>TV Guide</label>
                        <onclick>XBMC.RunScript(script.tv.show.next.aired)</onclick>
                        <include>button_Home-item</include>
                    </control>

And when I press it the grid and days load but there is no information that fills it (even though it scans). But when I do the same in the default skin it works. Any ideas as to why the skin is not loading the info into the grid?

- canadave - 2012-01-09 20:58

Got a question. I use the "ESPN3" addon (well, I guess it's just called "ESPN" now). It provides replays of sporting events shown on ESPN3.

In Confluence's "Media Info" view (and several other views for that matter), when I see the list of the available replays and highlight one of them, it shows the "Aired:" date on the right side. In reFocus, however, when I go to the same spot, none of the available viewtypes (list, slide, and thumbnails) show the "Aired:" date. I guess I need to modify a reFocus file somewhere, but I confess I'm not at all sure which one to modify. I'm sure if I knew which one, I could figure out HOW to modify it Smile Any ideas?

- Jeroen - 2012-01-09 21:24

deanmv Wrote:I have tried to implement the TV Guide grid (using TV Show Next Aired) into the home screen and have added a button that uses:

Code:
    <control type="button" id="1400">
                        <label>TV Guide</label>
                        <onclick>XBMC.RunScript(script.tv.show.next.aired)</onclick>
                        <include>button_Home-item</include>
                    </control>

And when I press it the grid and days load but there is no information that fills it (even though it scans). But when I do the same in the default skin it works. Any ideas as to why the skin is not loading the info into the grid?
Strange, it's working fine for me. Did you try rescanning the data from the addon's settings?

canadave Wrote:Got a question. I use the "ESPN3" addon (well, I guess it's just called "ESPN" now). It provides replays of sporting events shown on ESPN3.

In Confluence's "Media Info" view (and several other views for that matter), when I see the list of the available replays and highlight one of them, it shows the "Aired:" date on the right side. In reFocus, however, when I go to the same spot, none of the available viewtypes (list, slide, and thumbnails) show the "Aired:" date. I guess I need to modify a reFocus file somewhere, but I confess I'm not at all sure which one to modify. I'm sure if I knew which one, I could figure out HOW to modify it Smile Any ideas?

If you would be ok with the air date appearing in the list (so not on the side), open up variables.xml and look for this part:

Code:
<variable name="global_Info.Addon">
    <!--amt--><value condition="Container.Content(movies) + !IsEmpty(ListItem.Property(ReleaseDate))">$INFO[ListItem.Property(ReleaseDate)]</value>
    <value condition="[Container.Content(movies) | Container.Content(tvshows)] + !IsEmpty(ListItem.Duration)">$INFO[ListItem.Duration,, $LOCALIZE[31100]]$INFO[ListItem.Genre, • ]</value>
    <value condition="[Container.Content(movies) | Container.Content(tvshows)] + IsEmpty(ListItem.Duration) + !IsEmpty(ListItem.Genre)">$INFO[ListItem.Genre]</value>
    <value>$INFO[ListItem.Label2]</value>
</variable>

It's around line 96.

Add this line above the lowest <value> line:

Code:
<value condition="Container.Content(episodes)">$INFO[ListItem.Season,$LOCALIZE[20373] , - ]$INFO[ListItem.Episode,, • $LOCALIZE[20359]]$INFO[ListItem.Premiered]</value>

I'll push this change to git later, I can't post my modified file because it would likely break stuff on your install.