Kodi Community Forum
v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: reFocus (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=72)
+----- Thread: v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated) (/showthread.php?tid=75867)

- loggio - 2012-01-10

Hi jeroen,

Noticed youve pushed some changes to pvr. Good to see your working on it. Please dont forget to look at osd stuff.

I realise you havent got to this yet, but just to bring it to your attention.

1.Osd info doesnt appear when cycling channels up and down. If i push info button, info dialog appears... But its missing plot.
See confluence or rapier for examples of this working as it should.

2.Osd info uses old logos method

3.Channel list osd is now missing logos

Also, would be good if epg logos were larger for all epg views.

Also, when using confluence, and starting xbmc... A dialog appears showing the text 'importing tv channels' this doesnt show up in refocus... I think some dialogs are missing

Love what youve changed so far!
Love the channel list look! Its great

- Jeroen - 2012-01-10

Regarding the icons in the channel list, you will have to set the icons manually in tv settings, and then they will show up, there will be no automatic matching.

I haven't looked into the OSD yet. The problem with the info when changing channels is difficult to fix for me because I can never switch channels using the OSD. Whenever I try changing the channel playback stops and I am taken back to the channel listing. It has always been that way for me, no matter what skin I try.

- loggio - 2012-01-10

I've set them manually. They show up in the channel list fine. Just not on osd channel list ( pushing c when in full screen video)

- loggio - 2012-01-10

Not sure why you're having that issue while changing channels... That's never happened to me before. I take it you've updated to all the latest build of margros xbmc, mediaportal and the plugin for mediaportal?

If so, maybe you could give for the record a go as a backend ?

*edit*
This has been a known problem when using rtps add-on... Use the .ts reader add-on if you're not already... It's faster and more reliable anyway.Exit xbmc... Open media portals tvserver and go to the timeshifting tab and set a timeshifting folder to record the TS file to, then set it as a default for all tuners. Do the same with the recording tab. Delete the addon.db and tv.db or pvr db it might be called...files from your user/*you*/app data/roaming/xbmc/user data/database folder. Restart xbmc Then in the mediaportal addon, select those folders in the configuration page. Quit xbmc and restart, then try.

- loggio - 2012-01-11

Jeroen,

A suggestion also to put an indication in the channel list when an item is currently being recorded.

- Jeroen - 2012-01-11

Thanks for the tips, however I'm not seeing the .ts reader add-on in the available add-ons. Can't find it on the pvr git's either

loggio Wrote:Jeroen,

A suggestion also to put an indication in the channel list when an item is currently being recorded.
Not possible, strangely enough.

- loggio - 2012-01-11

You need to use margros builds from here: http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc/
NOT from the opdenkamp git.
Margro is the one developing the media portal addon. I think that's your problem. You need to install the latest plugin for the media portal tv software, all available at the link i showed you. The .ts reader is not available in git. Because it reads directly from the media portal timeshifting buffer it only works on windows... But it's the add-on you need to use if your runnings windows as its much much better then rtps.

And it is possible to show currently recording in channel list because rapier does it... There's a little circle to the right of the list that turns solid when that channel is recording.

Cheers,
Loggio.

- vzey - 2012-01-12

canadave Wrote:Thank you so much for posting this. I just noticed the same thing with the latest git version while browsing through my TV shows...some TV network flags showed up, but most didn't. I copied the Textures.xbt file over and it worked--flags were back. I would've gone nuts trying to fix it if I hadn't thought to browse through this thread and stumbled on this Smile

Now all we need is Jeroen to fix the teeny bug where the network logo appears twice in the TV Show Info screen, and I'm ready to buy the guy a beer Cool Nod

Thank guys helped me out too!!!

- Jeroen - 2012-01-12

loggio Wrote:You need to use margros builds from here: http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc/
Cheers, I was using that build, but I guess I screwed up something before when I couldn't get the PVR to work.

I'm now able to switch channels from the OSD, but I'm confused about the OSD info when switching channels. In Rapier for example I don't get any info when switching channels either. I have it enabled in tv settings.
It's showing info in Confluence but that's because it's always showing the playing media information when the OSD controls are activated. So I'm not sure how that's supposed to work.

I'll take a look at the recording indicator in the channel list some more.

edit: weird, rapier is definitely not showing a recording indicator for me in the channel list. confluence isn't either.
And in all skins I get the "timer set" indicator when recording a program instead of a "recording" indicator in the EPG.

- loggio - 2012-01-12

Hi jeroen,

Not sure why youre not getting channel info. Maybe youve got a different version rapier than me. I'll send you my version.

My live tv settings are as follows, use these along with the rapier skin link i sent:

Menu/osd
- show channel info when switching channels = check
- automatically hide channel information = check
- close channel OSD after switching channels = check
- channel nformation duration = 5 sec
- Hide video information box = off
Playback
- timeout when starting playback = 15 sec
- delay channel switch = 1500 ms

Rapier link: http://www.mediafire.com/?b6ck6dwp0fzvk80

If youre having trouble with osd info, you should speek to lambda. Hes the one that coded pvr for rapier, i was collaborating with him while testing this for him before he released it... He told me that he had troubles with osd info, but got it working in the end. And it works quite well.

Just to make sure we're on the same page, im reffering to channelosd info showing when using UP/DOWN buttons to switch between channels. It allows you to see what channel youre switching to and what is currently playing on that channel, instead of switching blindly. Adding a delay to channel switch in playback settings allows you to keep cycling the channels osd info until you find a channel with something you want to watch, then you simly stop on that channel, wait 1500ms (in my case) then th channel will switch.

As for recording, yes i get "set timer" when recording too. I think it's a current bug, as this never use to happen.
Never the less, the rapier skin i sent you... If you look at channel list, there is a circle next to each channel... When 'recording' it is solid... though this doesn't happen at the moment because like you said it's setting a timer instead.

Cheer,
Loggio.

- Lunatixz - 2012-01-13

wanted to mention I noticed in the last two git builds the HD icon for High def content isn't displaying in the fullscreen info bar...

- madmike283 - 2012-01-15

robweber Wrote:Hi,

I installed the refocus 0.9.5 on the Eden Beta release and am having a small issue. Every time I access any of the video menus (movies, tv, etc) from the main screen I get a pop-up from the TV Show Next Aired addon that covers the whole screen and has to be closed to continue. It is kind of annoying and I'm guessing shouldn't be happening. Anyone else having this issue, do I need to update something?

Thanks.

I'm experiencing the same thing. I just upgraded today to Eden beta and I'm now running 0.9.5 as of today. I had been using 0.8.9.6 in Dharma before today. What can I do to get rid of this? When I open the 'Movies' or 'TV Shows' menu it changes my viewtype from what I have it at, and shows a large overlay of the Next Aired add-on. It looks like this.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Also, coming from 0.8.9.6 I used to have an 'Exit' choice directly on the Home Screen. I don't remember if I modded to add that or not. Can I add it to my current setup with Eden and 0.9.5?

EDIT:
So now I'm having the same problem as this guy..

jdbrookes Wrote:I've just upgraded to Eden myself on an Openelec build on my Revo, and I'm seeing a TV Show Next Aired script failure message every time I view my list of TV Shows - tried on both the 0.9.5 build and the latest GIT build (downloaded just today). Obviously not a deal breaker but just wondering if I'm doing something wrong myself? Happens on my Eden beta Windows installation as well as my Eden beta Openelec installation. TV Show Next Aired script does seem to be installed as well.

I added a few add-ons, played with some skin settings and now I get the error from Next Aired. I'm pretty new and I don't even know what Next Aired really does. I tried uninstalling it, but it won't let me as it says it's used by reFocus and Aeon. I tried a debug while causing the script failure. You can see it here.

Thanks for any assistance you guys can give.

- wolfbiker - 2012-01-15

something's wrong with this skin for me. it takes forever to load and to shutdown. when it loads, all i see is a black screen with a white arrow for literally a few minutes. then the skin loads. anyone else have this issue? i have it on two different computers. this is the most recent git version i'm talking about.

- Jimmer - 2012-01-16

Hi,

Just discovered this skin, and I had to say what a gem it is!

One thing though, perhaps it's just me being a bit dim, but where's the exit/shutdown button in the skin? Perhaps I'm just getting old! But help me out anyway...

Jim

- jdbrookes - 2012-01-16

madmike283 Wrote:I'm experiencing the same thing. I just upgraded today to Eden beta and I'm now running 0.9.5 as of today. I had been using 0.8.9.6 in Dharma before today. What can I do to get rid of this? When I open the 'Movies' or 'TV Shows' menu it changes my viewtype from what I have it at, and shows a large overlay of the Next Aired add-on. It looks like this.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Also, coming from 0.8.9.6 I used to have an 'Exit' choice directly on the Home Screen. I don't remember if I modded to add that or not. Can I add it to my current setup with Eden and 0.9.5?

EDIT:
So now I'm having the same problem as this guy..

I added a few add-ons, played with some skin settings and now I get the error from Next Aired. I'm pretty new and I don't even know what Next Aired really does. I tried uninstalling it, but it won't let me as it says it's used by reFocus and Aeon. I tried a debug while causing the script failure. You can see it here.

Thanks for any assistance you guys can give.

Update on this script issue; seems to have disappeared. I'm still on the same refocus build as usual, but I have since installed a few more addons and added more media to my collection, so I can't be sure what "fixed" it. Installing the Youtube addon apparently fixes many Eden issues, and I also added a Music source and installed some other skins, so perhaps a dependancy was installed alongside one of these that fixes it? Or simply the passage of time and a database being build, or x number of reboots??

Oh the joys of beta!

Great skin by the way.