Kodi Community Forum
v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: reFocus (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=72)
+----- Thread: v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated) (/showthread.php?tid=75867)

- PatrickBateman - 2012-02-01

Jeroen Wrote:Except every options menu in every screen...

In any case, I'm not going to change it.

Fair enough, I dont really access those menus very often, I tend to use the normal standard unhidden menus...

So for me this is different than the rest, making it inconsistent... Having 2 separate menu highlighters though is surly an inconsistency in its self though is it not? Wink

@clackerdack
As for the system menu style being used as the home screen, I totally agree it would look fantastic as its such a tidy and elegant screen, very symmetrical and informative can clean... Much more of an improvement over the current home screen. Perhaps a mod will pop up at some point.

It's just my home screen looks a bit.. Eh... Untidy/cheap in comparison to the rest of the skin, as I only have 4/5 items on it and therefore they are not symmetrical, level, Or organised in any way in which looks good, they are kind of left hanging randomly in space. I understand that it's not our skin, but an option is always nice to help reduce the blandness of the home screen.

Never the less, it's a very nice skin indeed. I suppose a few minor niggles are no big deal Smile

- canadave - 2012-02-01

PatrickBateman Wrote:It's just my home screen looks a bit.. Eh... Untidy/cheap in comparison to the rest of the skin, as I only have 4/5 items on it and therefore they are not symmetrical, level, Or organised in any way in which looks good, they are kind of left hanging randomly in space. I understand that it's not our skin, but an option is always nice to help reduce the blandness of the home screen.

Never the less, it's a very nice skin indeed. I suppose a few minor niggles are no big deal Smile

One man's "untidy/cheap" is another man's "clean/simple/elegant". I happen to really like the main menu, even with 4-5 items like yourself. Aside from Jeroen's personal like for his menu design, I doubt he'll want to mess with something that really is simply a matter of personal taste...some will like it, some won't.

Now, that being said, I'm still curious why the main menu highlight dims after a few seconds if you leave it without moving it Smile

canadave Wrote:One man's "untidy/cheap" is another man's "clean/simple/elegant". I happen to really like the main menu, even with 4-5 items like yourself. Aside from Jeroen's personal like for his menu design, I doubt he'll want to mess with something that really is simply a matter of personal taste...some will like it, some won't.

Now, that being said, I'm still curious why the main menu highlight dims after a few seconds if you leave it without moving it Smile

I agree that he can't please everyone.. However, the point of these threads is for user feedback. If no one posts any feedback (likes and dislikes) he will be unable to Improve his skin.

For example, many of us (including me) have posted features/ideas/changes that he has implemented. They would never had been added if we hadn't pointed them out.

It's merely a forum for our feedback, what he wishes to do with it (as the creator of the skin) is completely up to him, but I feel it's our duty to report or feedback any issues we have regarding the skin Nod

As for elegant? No... White text on a blue background left aligned with no formatting is most definetetly not a display of elegance. Simplicity yes, elegance no.

That said, there are many views in this skin that are very elegant, and flow in a manner that is a joy to use. The menu on the lther hand (for me) is a tad too simple, and if it were replaced with something like the system screen (as an option) I would be more than happy... For 1 I embrace choice as it allows more a wider user-base and 2 it isn't hurting anyone as its already coded so the addition of it won't/wouldn't be unresonable if added as an optional screen.

Anyway, I understand his vision does not Include these changes and I think the skin is great. A few minor niggles here and there are nothing to cry about. I just like to report back any issues no matter how big/small or irrelevant they may seem to some. As the changes he made last time based on my feedback improved the skins aesthetics overall in that area. You must remember, it's not a complaint, it's just feedback.. That's why he has this subforum Big Grin

- Jeroen - 2012-02-01

Just want to give a last reply to this, if at least to make some things clear. After that, I'm really not interested in discussing it further.

Quote:So for me this is different than the rest, making it inconsistent...
So because you aren't aware of it, that makes the skin inconsistent? That's just...wow.

Quote:I agree that he can't please everyone.. However, the point of these threads is for user feedback. If no one posts any feedback (likes and dislikes) he will be unable to Improve his skin.
I do appreciate feedback, however when I post my reasons and motivation not to implement something, trying to prove me "wrong" or trying to bring forward motivations to do it anyway is not helping anyone.

Saying that I would not be able to improve my skin without feedback is...well, ridiculous and insulting frankly. D you think I wrote the base of this skin on a rainy afternoon and just relied solely on feedback for improvements?

Quote:For example, many of us (including me) have posted features/ideas/changes that he has implemented. They would never had been added if we hadn't pointed them out.
And you are basing this on what exactly? I don't think you have any insight in my creative process.

Quote:As for elegant? No... White text on a blue background left aligned with no formatting is most definetetly not a display of elegance. Simplicity yes, elegance no.
On multiple ocassions now you have been bringing your opinion forward as a fact. In your mind you may be totally convinced of it, but in the end it simply is an opinion no matter how you put it.

Quote: if it were replaced with something like the system screen (as an option) I would be more than happy... For 1 I embrace choice as it allows more a wider user-base and 2 it isn't hurting anyone as its already coded so the addition of it won't/wouldn't be unresonable if added as an optional screen.

Two things.

1. You seem to assume one of my primary goals is to achieve the widest possible userbase. It isn't.

2. You have absolutely no clue about skinning. That's ok, but then don't speak about how easy or reasonable it would be to provide an option for something.

If you think I can simply make the homescreen look like the settings screen just because that screen is already coded, you are so wrong it isn't even funny. In fact there's not a single line of code that could be re-used... Not to mention adjustments and conditions I would need to make for skin settings, variables, animations, etc.

It's so easy to say "just make it an option" Except very few people realise that it hardly ever is that simple.

Jeroen Wrote:Just want to give a last reply to this, if at least to make some things clear. After that, I'm really not interested in discussing it further.

So because you aren't aware of it, that makes the skin inconsistent? That's just...wow.

I do appreciate feedback, however when I post my reasons and motivation not to implement something, trying to prove me "wrong" or trying to bring forward motivations to do it anyway is not helping anyone.

Saying that I would not be able to improve my skin without feedback is...well, ridiculous and insulting frankly. D you think I wrote the base of this skin on a rainy afternoon and just relied solely on feedback for improvements?

And you are basing this on what exactly? I don't think you have any insight in my creative process.

On multiple ocassions now you have been bringing your opinion forward as a fact. In your mind you may be totally convinced of it, but in the end it simply is an opinion no matter how you put it.

Two things.

1. You seem to assume one of my primary goals is to achieve the widest possible userbase. It isn't.

2. You have absolutely no clue about skinning. That's ok, but then don't speak about how easy or reasonable it would be to provide an option for something.

If you think I can simply make the homescreen look like the settings screen just because that screen is already coded, you are so wrong it isn't even funny. In fact there's not a single line of code that could be re-used... Not to mention adjustments and conditions I would need to make for skin settings, variables, animations, etc.

It's so easy to say "just make it an option" Except very few people realise that it hardly ever is that simple.

Wow Shocked
You having a bad day? Laugh

I never present my opinion as fact? please provide evidence of this statement? I have given my opinion and that is all.

I said my input has helped and is has, you fixed the "first letter on scroll" when I pointed it out you ... If my opionin never mattered, or this forum for feedback was not of help, judging by your own statements, why did you fix itHuh You wouldn't of ... So my opinion is not worthless, neither is feedback from the forums, that proves feedback here is improving your skin, and as you actively ask people to bug test, I can't believe you would say otherwise? That's baffling?

Second, I'm not providing motivation for you to do it, I'm feedback Information on the skin as a user, you actively ask users to take the git and post bugs and feedback, if you don't like the feedback don't ask for it? Others here agree with some of my comments, some dont, why not let it be that? You can't just have people in here who never point out the skins flaws, or it's shortcomings around you, it's diva like mentality for... a skinHuh

Some don't like everything you do? It's not a crime, don't worry about it.. Some agree that the home screen needs work, some don't... Clam down! It's just an option, not a hate crime!

Having something hidden In a hidden menu that some users don't see is an inconsistency, of course it is, as it doesn't match the rest of the screen that we do see..

If the home screen were a hidden screen (like all the other hidden screens menus where that bar exists) then yes you'd be correct.. But it isn't!.. So I see no fault with that statement? And I'm surprised you even argued that as its grammatically and semantically correctly. The home screen is the only menu that has that } bar EXCEPT from all the hidden menus? That is an inconsistency by definition. The home screen is the only NON HIDDEN screen to have that } menu bar? Thats totally inconsistent? Either it's all the hidden screens, or all the non hidden screens?

I'm no coder I agree, not at any point did I say I was! I have however contributed to skins and plugins on here with both bug testing and gfx. I have provided full feedback for many points for other skins and been actively named and thanked in the credits for my support. Ive posted only a few comments in here, and you worked on 1 of them, so saying I have been posting my option as fact is somewhat of a lie, unreasonable, off topic and generally not needed as part of this discussion.

I'm an I.T Ifrastructure Engineer MCSE/MCSA and have been in my field for 15 years. I'm pretty sure my statement of moving the system screen gui to the home being possibld is still not wrong... Considering I spend my days with the dev team who code for the company on my infrastructure, i see their work, we talk, we discuss a matter of things and one thing they love is being asked to migrate something that they already created, rather than to create something again from scratch... It was just a statement that your system menu looks better than the home screen, some others agree. No need to be so defensive?

My opinion was based on an educated guess, if you are saying we cant talk about or discuss anything that we specifically are not qualified in then discussions round your house must be bland! People will discuss things that they are knowledgable on, but not necessarily qualified in, Politics, sports, music, movies, cars etc... It's not like I'm the first to ask for something and not be a coder? This entire community is based around exactly that! Everything is beta, everything is open, everything is about collating feedback for a stable release...

Some like the home screen some don't, but don't worry about it... It's not like I was having a go? Is my opinion which I am entitled to.

I'll happily not report any feedback to you for your skin... Its easier for me not to, i was trying to be helpful... You fixed the last bug i reported and i thanked you for that... But seriously calm down! You don't need to come across in such an impolite manner.

As I have already said, butchabay, el_p etc can confirm that I provided a huge amount of feedback and ideas for the skin, Infact el_ps random plugin script is based around my entire idea! As was the inclusion of many things into cirrus. I was trying to be helpful and provide my feedback. If its not wanted or welcome, just say so, but no need to be so rude with your post.

There's no need to get your knickers in a twist Big Grin xx

- canadave - 2012-02-01

PatrickBateman Wrote:I never present my opinion as fact? please provide evidence of this statement? I have given my opinion and that is all.
Well, to be fair, as Jeroen pointed out....:

PatrickBateman Wrote:As for elegant? No... White text on a blue background left aligned with no formatting is most definetetly not a display of elegance. Simplicity yes, elegance no.

....that sure reads like someone trying to present their opinion as fact. Hey, you asked for evidence, there it is Wink

Anyway, I think you've both said your piece. Anyone else watching the Super Bowl on Sunday? Smile Rooting for my Giants....

canadave Wrote:Well, to be fair, as Jeroen pointed out....:

....that sure reads like someone trying to present their opinion as fact. Hey, you asked for evidence, there it is Wink

Anyway, I think you've both said your piece. Anyone else watching the Super Bowl on Sunday? Smile Rooting for my Giants....

Well, I'm all up for evidence but that's my opinion? I could literally quote your last post and say the same? You didn't start of finish it with IMO? So it must be presented as a fact... Right Wink

I assume, that subjectively we all know every post is based on "our opinion" otherwise we would need to start every post with IMO? I even stated that in my opinion it would look better with the system menu style as a home screen and someone 2 people agreed...

By the way, You wrote
Quote:....that sure reads like someone trying to present their opinion as fact. Hey, you asked for evidence, there it is Wink

That sure reads like someone trying to present their opinion of my post, or their opinion of what constitutes evidence toward my intent as fact .. Shocked (IMO) Wink

- canadave - 2012-02-01

oh, come now Rolleyes

I think it's time to move on.

canadave Wrote:oh, come now Rolleyes

I think it's time to move on.

I agree, I'm just trying to show that everyone posts their opinions in here, not just me.. It's the basis for nearly every thread in the community....

Anyway, I'll leave my further feedback (bug) of this skin for another day... As he seems to be having a bad day today and has taken it out on poor little ole me Sad Wink

- HydroDiOxide - 2012-02-01

HydroDiOxide Wrote:Im running 095 on an openelec build and I'm experiencing the above described bug: automatic and unwanted randomization of queued albums/songs. Has this been fixed before?

Another thing that I noticed: the text comments in the percentage bars of the trakt utilities addon (percentage watched when scrobbled) overlap. Ugly.

Jeroen. Did you have any time to look into the first issue? Cheers!

Something else. I noticed that the comment for the video option in the settings menu includes "scrapers". Quess what... that settings is not there! At least not in my install (095 on some recent openelec daily build...) although I would like to have it there, again, a lot, and not on the individual sources. Cause I don't have those since I'm moving my advancedsettings.xml around pointing to external sources and a mysql library on a NAS.... blablaEek

- Jeroen - 2012-02-02

HydroDiOxide Wrote:Jeroen. Did you have any time to look into the first issue? Cheers!
I can't remember exactly off the top of my head, but I did do some cleaning up in the playlist screen a while ago and I believe the shuffle function was reversed. So enabling shuffle did the opposite. The separate randomize function seems to have gone from xbmc alltogether so I removed that (I never use it, so it may have been gone for quite a while).
In any case, as far as I know it now works like it should, songs are played in the order they appear onscreen at least. But this was changed after 0.9.5

Quote:Something else. I noticed that the comment for the video option in the settings menu includes "scrapers". Quess what... that settings is not there! At least not in my install (095 on some recent openelec daily build...) although I would like to have it there, again, a lot, and not on the individual sources. Cause I don't have those since I'm moving my advancedsettings.xml around pointing to external sources and a mysql library on a NAS.... blablaEek
Over time some of XBMC's settings have been moved, renamed, reorganised etc. The descriptions in the settings screen have not been changed to reflect those changes. I don't have any control over which setting actually appears in what section (apart from skin settings), that's hardcoded in XBMC. But I will run down the descriptions so they reflect what's in the actual setting screens again though.

- sbrick - 2012-02-02

Hi, I'm just wondering if anyone else is having trouble with the fullscreen osd. Seems the video one is missing its animation and the music one says 'not available' just below the progress bar. I'm using eden beta 2 and latest git. Thanks!

- HydroDiOxide - 2012-02-02

Jeroen Wrote:I can't remember exactly off the top of my head, but I did do some cleaning up in the playlist screen a while ago and I believe the shuffle function was reversed. So enabling shuffle did the opposite. The separate randomize function seems to have gone from xbmc alltogether so I removed that (I never use it, so it may have been gone for quite a while).
In any case, as far as I know it now works like it should, songs are played in the order they appear onscreen at least. But this was changed after 0.9.5

Over time some of XBMC's settings have been moved, renamed, reorganised etc. The descriptions in the settings screen have not been changed to reflect those changes. I don't have any control over which setting actually appears in what section (apart from skin settings), that's hardcoded in XBMC. But I will run down the descriptions so they reflect what's in the actual setting screens again though.

Ok. Cheers. I'll get a build from git and try it out.

Btw... I did not expect you to change the place of the settings regarding scrapers (it's inconsistent with musicscrapers). It's just my frustration. I can't change video scrapers at a source level because I don't have any sources... My library just loads because all the references are in my advancedsettings.xml. Changing default scrapers would be nice. There is a setting in the gui.xml, but that doesn't change anything. Though that might be openelec specific or just because it is some dinosaur code that is still there after the changes to the settings menu.

Thanks for the clean-up, though! Big Grin

- Jeroen - 2012-02-02

sbrick Wrote:Hi, I'm just wondering if anyone else is having trouble with the fullscreen osd. Seems the video one is missing its animation and the music one says 'not available' just below the progress bar. I'm using eden beta 2 and latest git. Thanks!

Yes, there are a couple of issues regarding the osd that need to be fixed.

- cooldfuzion - 2012-02-02

Excelent skin, but is there anyway to change the green parts into red??