Kodi Community Forum
v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: reFocus (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=72)
+----- Thread: v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated) (/showthread.php?tid=75867)

- amet - 2010-07-08

Jeroen Wrote:Can't figure out how to change the red fonts to another color though, seems hardcoded into the addon.
Fantastic addon though.

the services are hardcoded red in the addon, I could make it an option in settings, maybe give users a list of 5-6 colours and they can choose.

I will work on it over the weekend

thanks for adding the support for it Smile

- Sranshaft - 2010-07-08

Amet Wrote:the services are hardcoded red in the addon, I could make it an option in settings, maybe give users a list of 5-6 colours and they can choose.

I will work on it over the weekend

thanks for adding the support for it Smile

Is there a way to allow the skinner to control the color used instead of adding as a setting? I would think it'd be more important for the skinner to be able to change it then the user.

- amet - 2010-07-08

Sranshaft Wrote:Is there a way to allow the skinner to control the color used instead of adding as a setting? I would think it'd be more important for the skinner to be able to change it then the user.

no there isnt, script needs to do that depending on how many services are activated as the services and found subtitles share the same list

- Jeroen - 2010-07-08

Amet Wrote:the services are hardcoded red in the addon, I could make it an option in settings, maybe give users a list of 5-6 colours and they can choose.
Any chance of having the color defined on skin level?

<edit>Sranshaft beat me Wink</edit>

Quote:thanks for adding the support for it Smile
Thanks for making it Wink

- amet - 2010-07-08

Jeroen Wrote:Any chance of having the color defined on skin level?

we must have been typing at the same time Smile , look at my previous post

I can define the default colour depending on the skin used, if that would help, but unfortunately there is no way to do it on the skin level

- Jeroen - 2010-07-08

Amet Wrote:we must have been typing at the same time Smile , look at my previous post

I can define the default colour depending on the skin used, if that would help, but unfortunately there is no way to do it on the skin level

Yeah just saw that Smile

I plan to eventually provide different skin themes, so in that case the preferred color could change depending on the loaded theme, so hardcoding it based on the skin would have a downside too. It's not a big deal really Smile

- amet - 2010-07-08

Jeroen Wrote:Yeah just saw that Smile

I plan to eventually provide different skin themes, so in that case the preferred color could change depending on the loaded theme, so hardcoding it based on the skin would have a downside too. I'ts not a big deal really Smile

I will add the colours anyway and users can change it accordingly, If you would like a specific colour for your skin, just let me know.

- Ayla - 2010-07-08

Jeroen, lot's of great improvements in your next build - I really hope you release it Friday so we can try it out in the weekend... If not, that's OK too, hehe Smile

Keep up the good work!

- Jeroen - 2010-07-08

Amet Wrote:I will add the colours anyway and users can change it accordingly, If you would like a specific colour for your skin, just let me know.

Allright, is it possible to have a color for focused and non-focused labels?

If so, then
no-focus:FF696a6c
focus=ffffffff

If that's not possible then ff16871e please.

Thanks! Smile

Ayla Wrote:Jeroen, lot's of great improvements in your next build - I really hope you release it Friday so we can try it out in the weekend... If not, that's OK too, hehe Smile

Keep up the good work!
Thanks, friday is....optimistic Oo

- Ayla - 2010-07-08

Jeroen, I just installed todays xbmc svn version and in add-ons, there's an "apple movie trailers - lite" add-on now.

It works just fine, but when in the main menu in your skin and I choose "video" and then "trailers", I just get a blue screen.

So I guess the "trailers" menu item isn't linked to the new "official" apple trailers add-on?

/Martin

- Jeroen - 2010-07-08

Ayla Wrote:Jeroen, I just installed todays xbmc svn version and in add-ons, there's an "apple movie trailers - lite" add-on now.

It works just fine, but when in the main menu in your skin and I choose "video" and then "trailers", I just get a blue screen.

So I guess the "trailers" menu item isn't linked to the new "official" apple trailers add-on?

/Martin

Correct, currently it is linked to a "hacked" old version of AMT which wasn't ready for the new addon-system yet. The name is slightly different, so it can't find the addon.

I have corrected this for the next release. If you want a quick fix:

-open HomeSubMenu.xml
-at approximately line 73 you will find a line saying: <label>$LOCALIZE[31052]</label>
underneath there's a line that starts with <onclick>...
-replace that line with:
<onclick>XBMC.ActivateWindow(MyVideoLibrary, plugin://plugin.video.apple.movie.trailers.lite/)</onclick>

And it should be working again

- Ayla - 2010-07-08

Jeroen Wrote:Correct, currently it is linked to a "hacked" old version of AMT which wasn't ready for the new addon-system yet. The name is slightly different, so it can't find the addon.

I have corrected this for the next release. If you want a quick fix:

-open HomeSubMenu.xml
-at approximately line 73 you will find a line saying: <label>$LOCALIZE[31052]</label>
underneath there's a line that starts with <onclick>...
-replace that line with:
<onclick>XBMC.ActivateWindow(MyVideoLibrary, plugin://plugin.video.apple.movie.trailers.lite/)</onclick>

And it should be working again

Thx Jeroen, it worked perfectly Smile

nice work, reFocus is awesome! - elmonito - 2010-07-09

Hi Jeroen,

Thanks for such an amazing skin! I've been using XBMC since it was called XBMP and have tried out many, many skins and for me this is the best one yet. I love the clean design and attention to detail; despite not being at v1.0 yet it feels like a complete package. Even often neglected context menus, the video OSD, and music visualization are nice, clean, and usable. A little polish like that goes a long way... I love it!

If you're counting votes, there are some things that have already been requested in this thread that I'd like to second:

Unicode font support
Current font doesn't show unicode characters (in my case, Japanese).

Menu navigation
Activating menus works normally with SELECT, but then depending on where you are (library mode, main menu, settings, etc), you have to press either MENU or BACK or LEFT to return to where you came from. I know this is the default XBMC navigation style, but I find it confusing and prefer a consistent metaphor with the same button always taking me "back". I've remapped my remote a bit to deal with this as best I can, but it's still inconsistent.

Color themes
+1 for color themes... I tend to go for grey/b&w over blue.

Home menu
As another poster mentioned the home menu screen seems a little spare to me. I can't quite pinpoint it but it just seems to not quite fit with the rest of the skin; just sounds like pointless whining here I know, but if you consider adding another version or something I'd love to check it out. Also the fanart change is pretty jarring with no fade or anything. Might be because I'm on an Apple TV. Speaking of which, this skin runs way, way better than any other modern skin on my underpowered ATV, so kudos once again!

Github hosting
Any chance of hosting the source on Github? I've made a bunch of little tweaks locally (colors.xml; added director to the movies views; modded Video submenu to include some dynamic playlists), and merging these tweaks every time you release an update is a pain. If it's on Github though I can just keep a local repo and merge changes in super easy -- did it with Alaska and it was really nice. I imagine making merging easier for a small set of users (possibly just 1 Smile) isn't a big enough motivator to change your hosting, but it never hurts to ask.

Also for anyone interested in seeing when a new version of reFocus (or any new file) is uploaded to the Google Code site, you can follow this Atom feed.

Thanks again for the awesome skin, and I'm really looking forward to the next update!

Cheers.

- *Raj* - 2010-07-09

Galefury Wrote:This is not a skin or xbmc issue, is a scraper one. You have to set in scraper setting when you "set content", "I prefer poster".

Thanks, Galefury! That solved the problem.

Jeroen Wrote:Forget my previous reply, decided to spent some time on it today, will be part of the next release:

Can't figure out how to change the red fonts to another color though, seems hardcoded into the addon.
Fantastic addon though.

That's fantastic! Thanks, again! Smile

- azido - 2010-07-09

Jeroen, my friend..

One thing i think you should really put additional work on is the music view.. there should be an option of either using the fanart or folder.jpg to display the artists image.

Also i found out that when you have many enabled options on the main menu, it overlaps the rss-feed..