Kodi Community Forum
v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: reFocus (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=72)
+----- Thread: v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated) (/showthread.php?tid=75867)

RE: [RELEASE] reFocus 0.9.5 for pre-Eden - Galefury - 2012-04-25

(2012-04-25, 05:30)rd1979 Wrote: Thank you so much! I've always wanted this feature.

Also, while you're doing this, maybe you can do one other. Can you make it such that the chapter information will appear if I were to switch chapters?
Someone told me that'd just make it show as each chapter plays, but what I want is for it to show when you _switch_ chapters, not to show which chapter you're on as it reaches each point.

Well, I don't know if it's possible. My coding skill are limited, I usually copy/paste the code and do some minor adjustments.
As for the rest of modifications, they are intended as suggestions for Jeroen. The Gallery view need some more working, I see what I can do.

(2012-04-25, 00:21)PatrickBateman Wrote: Ok,
So I took the latest git, got a successful build (I'll upload that for anyone who wants it tomorrow morning)

I used this file quoted above, to overwrite the existing one in the 720p folder and noticed that upon relaunch (on my setup) it corrupted the movie info view and paused screen etc.. (paused text was Incorrectly placed as we're times etc) I use a 1920x1200 screen res on windows if that helps. All else is ok prior to overwriting this file?

I post a screen shot in a bit (on my iPad so can't at the mo)

Is there any reason for this to be happening?

Cheers
Pat~

Sorry, I forgot to mention, I use the latest official release, 0.9.5 for my modifications. It seems Jeroen has done some changes to some files since then. Here, try this one. Is the file from repository, latest, I believe, with the code for chapters.

Download.

RE: [RELEASE] reFocus 0.9.5 for pre-Eden - PatrickBateman - 2012-04-25

(2012-04-25, 08:11)Galefury Wrote:
(2012-04-25, 00:21)PatrickBateman Wrote: Ok,
So I took the latest git, got a successful build (I'll upload that for anyone who wants it tomorrow morning)

I used this file quoted above, to overwrite the existing one in the 720p folder and noticed that upon relaunch (on my setup) it corrupted the movie info view and paused screen etc.. (paused text was Incorrectly placed as we're times etc) I use a 1920x1200 screen res on windows if that helps. All else is ok prior to overwriting this file?

I post a screen shot in a bit (on my iPad so can't at the mo)

Is there any reason for this to be happening?

Cheers
Pat~

Sorry, I forgot to mention, I use the latest official release, 0.9.5 for my modifications. It seems Jeroen has done some changes to some files since then. Here, try this one. Is the file from repository, latest, I believe, with the code for chapters.

Download.

Thanks for that, that's sorted it.

Are your blue gallery views available as download or are thy currently still concepts. They are very nice as I find the white info bar tad to bright and difficult to read when in a pitch black room (very contrasty) The blue is so subtle and very easy on the eye... Perfect for a theatre room.

It would be nice for all info and dialog boxes to appear blue too, such as the sound options-video options menu that is brought up during a movie etc.

Great work and thanks for the updated file,

Thanks again,
Pat~

Ok, here it is, blue Gallery view. It's just a single file, MyVideoNav.xml. Drop it in 720p folder, but first back up the original, just in case. Bellow you will find 2 download links, one for official 0.9.5 reFocus and one for latest GIT version. Please, check first what version you use.
For movies it will show movie cover, for tv shows will display the network. I guess it can work even for episodes, replacing cover/network flag with episode's image. If Jeroen likes this, I'm sure he will make a better job then me.

blue_Gallery_0.9.5

blue_Gallery_latest_GIT

Fantastic!

I will test this immediate on latest git! Thank you very much this will make my viewing of movie Information much more pleasurable.

For tv series view, could you possibly keep the same layout and display the poster for the tv series instead of the Chanel logo... Then perhaps the Chanel logo can be moved across to the right (close to the 480p) section or elsewhere or not displayed at all.

If not, perhaps centering the Chanel logo in the left box rather than its current top aligned position.

This is a wonderful mod though...
I'll post back with any feedback tht my or may not be useful, but first and foremost thank you very much!

Edit:
First impressions...
Looks very clean and tidy, very consistant with the rest of the theme. Very easy to read and great for dark room viewing.

Movie view (Gallery):
Not displaying the resolution of the movie on the latest git revision.

I get the following information:
Fanart full screen,
Poster in blue bar,
Year and genre etc,
Description,
Star rating,
Watched status

Unlike your screen shot, I am not able to see the resolution of the particular movie. I am still required to enter the movie information page to view that data.

Also my movie title is missing/not being displayed.

Tv shows view (Gallery)
Tv Show title is missing (where movie title would be)
Tv Show Genre/unwatched episodes etc is missing (where movie genre would be)

These are not complaints, just hopefully positive or constructive feedback. I love it so far though and can't wait to see what's still to come.

Fantastic work so far!

If you need me to let screen shots (if my descriptions are too poor) let me know and I'll throw them up Smile

Edit 2:
When movie is playing and info screen is displayed.
Movie poster is missing and is not displayed.
However movie title is present in this view.

I didn't had the latest GIT to test it, downloading now and I will fix the errors. Thanks for reporting.
As for the tv shows replacing network logo with cover is easy, but those who use banners will get a distorted image. I'll make an additional version with these changes.

RE: [RELEASE] reFocus 0.9.5 for pre-Eden - kyotocafe - 2012-04-25

(2012-04-25, 13:39)Galefury Wrote: Ok, here it is, blue Gallery view. It's just a single file, MyVideoNav.xml. Drop it in 720p folder, but first back up the original, just in case. Bellow you will find 2 download links, one for official 0.9.5 reFocus and one for latest GIT version. Please, check first what version you use.
For movies it will show movie cover, for tv shows will display the network. I guess it can work even for episodes, replacing cover/network flag with episode's image. If Jeroen likes this, I'm sure he will make a better job then me.

blue_Gallery_0.9.5

blue_Gallery_latest_GIT

This is very nice. Thank you for sharing.

No problem what so ever.
Thank you so much for this wonderful edit.

It's Absolutly fantastic... Both I (and the wife) sincerely appreciate the mod.

She was/is not a fan of the the bright white on black description text for movies etc when viewed in our dark viewing room, it strained her eyes.

However this wonderful edit has provided us with a solution.

Fantastic work. Really, really great mod!

(2012-04-25, 14:02)PatrickBateman Wrote: Edit 2:
Well, that is OSD info, is another file entirely.

(2012-04-25, 14:45)Galefury Wrote:
(2012-04-25, 14:02)PatrickBateman Wrote: Edit 2:
Well, that is OSD info, is another file entirely.

Ahh my apologies Smile
You don't fancy editing that file to look like your other screens as well do you Wink

RE: [RELEASE] reFocus 0.9.5 for pre-Eden - Myrddraal - 2012-04-25

(2012-04-25, 13:39)Galefury Wrote: Ok, here it is, blue Gallery view. It's just a single file, MyVideoNav.xml. Drop it in 720p folder, but first back up the original, just in case. Bellow you will find 2 download links, one for official 0.9.5 reFocus and one for latest GIT version. Please, check first what version you use.

blue_Gallery_0.9.5

blue_Gallery_latest_GIT

Galefury, can you please repost the latest GIT file?, it does not work,
blue_Gallery_latest_GIT

Thanks!

I've updated the original post with new links. Now, as suggested by PatrickBateman, the tv shows display covers in the left and network logo in the right. I hope everything is alright now.

RE: [RELEASE] reFocus 0.9.5 for pre-Eden - Myrddraal - 2012-04-25

Thanks!

Will grab and test right now Smile

Thanks aagin,
Really appreciate this mod!

RE: [RELEASE] reFocus 0.9.5 for pre-Eden - rd1979 - 2012-04-25

(2012-04-25, 08:00)Galefury Wrote:
(2012-04-25, 05:30)rd1979 Wrote: Thank you so much! I've always wanted this feature.

Also, while you're doing this, maybe you can do one other. Can you make it such that the chapter information will appear if I were to switch chapters?
Someone told me that'd just make it show as each chapter plays, but what I want is for it to show when you _switch_ chapters, not to show which chapter you're on as it reaches each point.

Well, I don't know if it's possible. My coding skill are limited, I usually copy/paste the code and do some minor adjustments.
As for the rest of modifications, they are intended as suggestions for Jeroen. The Gallery view need some more working, I see what I can do.

Silly me, it already works the way I want.