Kodi Community Forum
v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: reFocus (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=72)
+----- Thread: v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated) (/showthread.php?tid=75867)

RE: [RELEASE] reFocus 0.9.5 - Jeroen - 2013-05-12

(2013-04-11, 18:35)Martijn Wrote:
(2013-04-11, 17:07)robweber Wrote: I don't have a problem with that. I'll submit a repo request later today and get it added.

If you're planning on running it within the skin I pushed an update just now that added a true/false parameter that can be passed via the RunScript() function. This will allow you to override the user setting for if the progress bar should be shown. This way you can always hide the progress, even if the user has messed with this setting, details are in the README. Other than that you should just be able to call it and let it run.

On my library I have roughly 25-30 TV shows and 400-500 movies. Running this script takes less than 1 minute for an update, but probably 10 or more the first time it runs. Not sure how you can account for this within the skin so that it doesn't execute all the time for no reason. If needed I could add an xbmc.service extension point and add a database update monitor, that way it would execute automatically when the DB is modified. Let me know if you feel this is necessary.

Isn't that a bit of the same as artwork Organizer script?
That even supports smartplaylists iirc

(2013-04-11, 19:48)robweber Wrote:
(2013-04-11, 18:35)Martijn Wrote: Isn't that a bit of the same as artwork Organizer script?
That even supports smartplaylists iirc

Yea it's pretty much the same thing from what I can tell. Seeing as how it's already in the repo, and probably used by a few skins, maybe it would make more sense to integrate that with the skin? As long as Jeroen can integrate it with reFocus in the way he is thinking.

I had no idea the Artwork Organizer even existed, I suppose I saw it in the repo and assumed it was for something else without even reading into it. The one I made is pretty stripped down, but I was making it more for personal use rather than general purpose. It was a fun coding project at any rate.

Seems like with artwork organizer I need to choose between either movie fanart, tv show fanart, etc. And as there's no predetermined path I either need to make assumptions or require the user to enter the path so I can make the skin look for the images in the right place. I would prefer to make this a setup free process.

RE: [RELEASE] reFocus 0.9.5 - robweber - 2013-05-12

@Jeroen
I'm still up for letting you use my script since it is a lot simpler if it will do what you are looking for. Right now the default path is special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/Video/Fanart/ - which is where reFocus looked in the pre-Frodo versions of xbmc since all the fanart ended up there. Using this directory seemed easy since it allowed for in place upgrades to Frodo pretty seamlessly.

How were you thinking of triggering updates of the fanart in this folder? adding a "trigger" to the homescreen or something of that nature seems like overkill as it will be running a lot. I still think a service that updates based on a python monitor for database updates or timer would work best for hands of functionality for the end user.

Let me know what you want and I can modify my addon to suit for your testing purposes. Once it is where it needs to be I'll submit to the official repo so it can be an automatic dependency.

RE: [RELEASE] reFocus 0.9.5 - Jeroen - 2013-05-13

(2013-05-12, 22:35)robweber Wrote: @Jeroen
I'm still up for letting you use my script since it is a lot simpler if it will do what you are looking for. Right now the default path is special://masterprofile/Thumbnails/Video/Fanart/ - which is where reFocus looked in the pre-Frodo versions of xbmc since all the fanart ended up there. Using this directory seemed easy since it allowed for in place upgrades to Frodo pretty seamlessly.

How were you thinking of triggering updates of the fanart in this folder? adding a "trigger" to the homescreen or something of that nature seems like overkill as it will be running a lot. I still think a service that updates based on a python monitor for database updates or timer would work best for hands of functionality for the end user.

Let me know what you want and I can modify my addon to suit for your testing purposes. Once it is where it needs to be I'll submit to the official repo so it can be an automatic dependency.

That would be great. And as there's already an option in the skin to set a custom folder for background images, the user can use Artwork Organizer too.

Using a trigger everytime the homescreen is loaded probably is overkill. Your suggestion to make it a service sounds fine to me.

RE: [RELEASE] reFocus 0.9.5 - grey - 2013-05-19

is it working with latest xbmc official release?
mine crashes)

RE: [RELEASE] reFocus 0.9.5 - nessus - 2013-05-23

(2013-05-12, 22:35)robweber Wrote: I still think a service that updates based on a python monitor for database updates or timer would work best for hands of functionality for the end user.
Sorry to interfere but a service that monitors database i think is the best way to go. Furthermore adding a property for Video, Music and RecentlyAdded fanart would be perfect. No settings, no user interfere. If you could make it like that and also added to the official repo IMO a lot of skinner's it will be grateful. I know i will Smile

RE: [RELEASE] reFocus 0.9.5 - statious - 2013-05-23

(2013-05-11, 00:40)deanmv Wrote:
(2013-04-07, 15:09)FREAKJAM Wrote: Hi Jeroen,

Welcome back. Have you ever considered bringing this vertical menu back? I absolutely loved this menu.

If you grab and old version of the plugin you can still use it. I made a copy that I edited and kept it with that screen as it was my favourite. If you wanna built upon it or steal it I can send you them?

I would welcome a chance to use and modify the vertical screen. I really liked the compact look. How can we get it?

RE: [RELEASE] reFocus 0.9.5 - fabiomello - 2013-05-23

(2013-04-07, 15:09)FREAKJAM Wrote: Hi Jeroen,

Welcome back. Have you ever considered bringing this vertical menu back? I absolutely loved this menu.

man, never seen this before.
this is beautiful!. where can i get it? it is on an older reFocus version?

RE: [RELEASE] reFocus 0.9.5 - robweber - 2013-05-23

(2013-05-23, 00:09)nessus Wrote:
(2013-05-12, 22:35)robweber Wrote: I still think a service that updates based on a python monitor for database updates or timer would work best for hands of functionality for the end user.
Sorry to interfere but a service that monitors database i think is the best way to go. Furthermore adding a property for Video, Music and RecentlyAdded fanart would be perfect. No settings, no user interfere. If you could make it like that and also added to the official repo IMO a lot of skinner's it will be grateful. I know i will Smile

Thanks for the suggestions. I haven't forgotten about this - just too many other things have gotten in the way lately. I'll be sure to post back here when have something in my git repo for testing.

RE: [RELEASE] reFocus 0.9.5 - fogcity - 2013-06-03

By far the best skin for XBMC. Really solid work.

Two questions:

1) I respect the design decision to leave the home page conspicuously minimal by default, but it really helps to have a selectable list of recent movies and episodes right there on the home page. Any way I can see New Episodes when the TV SHOWS menu item has focus in home page (and same deal with New Movies when MOVIES has focus)? Like it works in Confluence?[/php]

2) How come I see just a blue background for my home page? no fanart, no nothin. Not like in the preview screengrabs.

RE: [RELEASE] reFocus 0.9.5 - Jeroen - 2013-06-03

(2013-06-03, 05:51)fogcity Wrote: By far the best skin for XBMC. Really solid work.

Two questions:

1) I respect the design decision to leave the home page conspicuously minimal by default, but it really helps to have a selectable list of recent movies and episodes right there on the home page. Any way I can see New Episodes when the TV SHOWS menu item has focus in home page (and same deal with New Movies when MOVIES has focus)? Like it works in Confluence?

Something like this is coming. It won't be on hover though, there will be a separate shelf/menu/panel/whatever you want to call it containing recently added/in progress items that you can acces from the home menu

Quote:2) How come I see just a blue background for my home page? no fanart, no nothin. Not like in the preview screengrabs.

It's caused by changes in the way XBMC stores fanart. There will be a workaround using robweber's addon. Actually you can use it now already.

RE: [RELEASE] reFocus 0.9.5 - fogcity - 2013-06-03

(2013-06-03, 12:04)Jeroen Wrote:
(2013-06-03, 05:51)fogcity Wrote: By far the best skin for XBMC. Really solid work.

Two questions:

1) I respect the design decision to leave the home page conspicuously minimal by default, but it really helps to have a selectable list of recent movies and episodes right there on the home page. Any way I can see New Episodes when the TV SHOWS menu item has focus in home page (and same deal with New Movies when MOVIES has focus)? Like it works in Confluence?

Something like this is coming. It won't be on hover though, there will be a separate shelf/menu/panel/whatever you want to call it containing recently added/in progress items that you can acces from the home menu

Quote:2) How come I see just a blue background for my home page? no fanart, no nothin. Not like in the preview screengrabs.

It's caused by changes in the way XBMC stores fanart. There will be a workaround using robweber's addon. Actually you can use it now already.

Thanks for the reply!

1) Will this be girlfriend-friendly? Basically I want to leave it so she can turn on the TV and the new movies and episodes are immediately visible. I can teach her to use the arrow and OK buttons, but there's no value in features that don't leap out at her when she arrows up or down through the menu.

2) Will look into it. Thanks again!

RE: [RELEASE] reFocus 0.9.5 - robweber - 2013-06-04

Finally, I had some free time to start work on implementing the fanart service. A pretty good implementation is sitting in my git repo at the moment for testing. This should recreate how reFocus functioned pre-Frodo pretty nicely with no user intervention.

https://github.com/robweber/script.grab.fanart.git

Right now the service watches for DatabaseUpdated events from an XBMC Monitor and triggers the fanart grabber to rebuild the cache. There are a few caveats to this but I don't think they are really going to be issues for anyone. I've documented them in the README but here they are for anyone interested:

1) If you change fanart on a file you'll need a manual run, or wait for the next database update event to swap it in the grabber cache

2) If the database is cleaned this does not register as an update (in Gotham there is a Monitor for this) so after a clean you'll need a manual run or wait for the next database update event to clear the cache

3) TV and Movie database updated trigger 2 separate events. If they happen close together you may miss fanart from a new series/movie done by one of them due to the grabber running while the second is still scanning. Again, do a manual update or wait for the next database update event.

I have not implemented anything for music, if this is something people are looking for I don't think it would be hard to add. I would just make a separate music folder and store those items there.

RE: [RELEASE] reFocus 0.9.5 - fogcity - 2013-06-04

YES. works great on my osx install. THANKS

RE: [RELEASE] reFocus 0.9.5 - nessus - 2013-06-05

Thanks robweber. Will test it and get back to you.
As for the Music fanart, i think will be very good option for the MusicVisualization screen.

Cheers
Nessus

RE: [RELEASE] reFocus 0.9.5 - fogcity - 2013-06-05

A thought for robweber: It would be nice to have the fanart captioned with the title of the movie / show it comes from, and triple nice to be able to select that caption and play the item in question.

What's the chance of any of that?