Kodi Community Forum
v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: reFocus (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=72)
+----- Thread: v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated) (/showthread.php?tid=75867)

RE: [RELEASE] reFocus 0.9.5 - Galefury - 2014-02-14

Welcome back, Jeroen ! We missed you !

RE: [RELEASE] reFocus 0.9.5 - pettson3816 - 2014-02-14

Please maintain this awesome skin. It would be a shame to see it go to waste as they unleash Gotham.

RE: [RELEASE] reFocus 0.9.5 - robweber - 2014-02-14

Thanks for the update Jeroen. Knowing there will be Gotham updates for reFocus is some of the best XBMC news I've heard in a while. Will be eagerly watching the forum and github.

RE: [RELEASE] reFocus 0.9.5 - butchabay - 2014-02-15

Nice to see you here again mate and glad to hear you're still working on reFocus !
Welcome back ...

RE: [RELEASE] reFocus 0.9.5 - knewknow - 2014-02-15

Good to see you back Jeroen. Can't wait to see the latest!

And just a quick comment... xbmc just wouldn't be the same without this skin. It's hands down the absolute best/sensible skin available. Thanks for your continued development.

RE: [RELEASE] reFocus 0.9.5 - nooryani84 - 2014-02-15

It is probably my favorite skin. I have recommended it to friends who are blown away by its elegance and clean design! Welcome back indeed. :-)

RE: [RELEASE] reFocus 0.9.5 - rd1979 - 2014-02-15

Rest assured lots of interest remains.

Can't wait to see the next version!

RE: [RELEASE] reFocus 0.9.5 - Jeroen - 2014-02-16

Thanks guys, I hope to have a release ready soon. Expect to see bugs in certain areas though. The PVR part is probably broken. I switched to a Mac in the past year, and the TV Tuner I used on my Windows box for testing does not work with Macs. I don't use any PVR functionality for myself so getting a Mac compatible TV Tuner just isn't high on my priority list.

I did work on it months ago using the Demo PVR addon, but that seems to be broken at the moment. Hopefully that will be fixed soon so I can run by the PVR too.

Apart from that currently working on the GlobalSearch integration and other external stuff. Also need to finish up the now playing screen and cleaning up code.

RE: [RELEASE] reFocus 0.9.5 - nooryani84 - 2014-02-16

I don't know if it has been said, but I hope you're doing alright now and your real life matters have come to a positive conclusion. Smile

RE: [RELEASE] reFocus 0.9.5 - ZZRX - 2014-02-16

Good to see that u havent forget Refocus. Its totally best skin. Time to time, i try new skins that appear, but every time i come back fast to Refocus, its so overpowered Big Grin If u have problems with time, forget external stuff and focus to core elements, they are most important. I want also see Refocus in Gotham.

RE: [RELEASE] reFocus 0.9.5 - Namekkural - 2014-02-16

Hey Jeroen, welcome back.
Good to See you still got your priorities right (real life first of course!) Wink

Thanks for spending this vast amount of time for a pack of geeks like us! But I guess we are many and we are thankful Smile

Great work you're doing, keep going!

RE: [RELEASE] reFocus 0.9.5 - reazorFX - 2014-02-17

Hi Jeroen,

The leopard cannot change his spots.
nice, nice you say:
Practically no xml was left unchanged, and lots of icons, texture, etc. have been redone.

maybe some screenshot, only for a taste Blush

RE: [RELEASE] reFocus 0.9.5 - Jeroen - 2014-02-17

(2014-02-14, 22:23)robweber Wrote: Thanks for the update Jeroen. Knowing there will be Gotham updates for reFocus is some of the best XBMC news I've heard in a while. Will be eagerly watching the forum and github.

Rob, would you still be willing to submit your fanart grabber to the repo? I've tried including a button to run it unpacked from the skin folder, but XBMC crashing was the only result I got out of it. But I am not excluding the possibility of me not calling it correctly Wink

Or do you (or anyone else) know if it's possible to have a skin prompt the user to install an addon .zip that is included with the skin ?

Oh, and I'm fine guys, thanks Smile

Actually, really great things also happened over the last year or so. But they can take up your time too Wink

RE: [RELEASE] reFocus 0.9.5 - Jeroen - 2014-02-17

(2014-02-17, 12:23)reazorFX Wrote: Hi Jeroen,

The leopard cannot change his spots.
nice, nice you say:
Practically no xml was left unchanged, and lots of icons, texture, etc. have been redone.

maybe some screenshot, only for a taste Blush

Well, maybe just one of something as boring as the settings screen Wink

Seriously though, this does give a small peek of the different styling of icons and general feel of colors, frames etc. throughout the skin.

Also, there should still be some screenshots of the homescreen earlier in the thread.

edit: As I'm finishing this one up, just one more of the search screen:

RE: [RELEASE] reFocus 0.9.5 - robweber - 2014-02-17

(2014-02-17, 15:31)Jeroen Wrote:
(2014-02-14, 22:23)robweber Wrote: Thanks for the update Jeroen. Knowing there will be Gotham updates for reFocus is some of the best XBMC news I've heard in a while. Will be eagerly watching the forum and github.

Rob, would you still be willing to submit your fanart grabber to the repo? I've tried including a button to run it unpacked from the skin folder, but XBMC crashing was the only result I got out of it. But I am not excluding the possibility of me not calling it correctly Wink

Or do you (or anyone else) know if it's possible to have a skin prompt the user to install an addon .zip that is included with the skin ?

Oh, and I'm fine guys, thanks Smile

Actually, really great things also happened over the last year or so. But they can take up your time too Wink

Jeroen,

My Fanart Grabber addon is included in the xbmc repo now (at least for Frodo). It uses the module extension point so you don't see it in the addon browser but you can include it as a dependency. It seemed that doing it this way was the best course of action as users don't really need to interact with the addon themselves, it's more of a skin tool.

You can checkout the github page for some examples on the different window properties available and how set it from within the skin. https://github.com/robweber/script.grab.fanart

I'll double check if it is available for the Gotham builds as well. If not I'll make sure it gets included right away. Just as an FYI I've been using it in my hacked reFocus build for Frodo for months with little issues so it should be pretty stable.