Kodi Community Forum
v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: reFocus (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=72)
+----- Thread: v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated) (/showthread.php?tid=75867)

RE: reFocus 0.9.5 - Jeroen - 2014-02-22

Would anyone with a PVR setup be so kind to make screenshots of all the different dialog windows that are available while watching live tv when using Confluence? So the channel selection window, the epg, and the player controls.

I'm working on the pvr dialogs by creating test windows and filling them with fake listings and using Confluence's code as reference but I really just need to see it visually in order to really get into it.

RE: reFocus 0.9.5 - Piers - 2014-02-22

(2014-02-21, 19:07)Jeroen Wrote:
(2014-02-21, 11:35)Piers Wrote: ReFocus was the first skin I used and I've been checking here every time I visit to see what's been going on. Since the first time I used it I've been through five different televisions, four different HTPCs and three different AVRs - looking forward to seeing a github release.

Hmm, now does that say something about how often you buy new equipment or the development time...? Wink Tongue

Maybe a bit of both Tongue ... it's more about how often I see a good deal and throw money away Sad

but the development time could be a little shorter between releases Tongue

RE: reFocus 0.9.5 - samukas - 2014-02-22

(2014-02-22, 12:14)Jeroen Wrote: Would anyone with a PVR setup be so kind to make screenshots of all the different dialog windows that are available while watching live tv when using Confluence? So the channel selection window, the epg, and the player controls.

Sure thing!
PVR EPG Current Channel
PVR Channel Selection
Player Controls

If you need anything else, don't hesitate to ask Smile

RE: reFocus 0.9.5 - dogzipp - 2014-02-22

Jeroen, welcome back. Can't wait to reFocus for Gotham. Only skin I use and like.

Question. Will reFocus look the same on a 4K tv? (I see there are 720p and 1080p XMLs, not sure if 2160p are needed as well)

Again, thank you for your hard work.

RE: reFocus 0.9.5 - Jeroen - 2014-02-23

(2014-02-22, 18:58)samukas Wrote:
(2014-02-22, 12:14)Jeroen Wrote: Would anyone with a PVR setup be so kind to make screenshots of all the different dialog windows that are available while watching live tv when using Confluence? So the channel selection window, the epg, and the player controls.

Sure thing!
PVR EPG Current Channel
PVR Channel Selection
Player Controls

Great, that will help me out, cheers! Smile

What PVR back-end are you using on your Mac?

(2014-02-22, 19:23)dogzipp Wrote: Jeroen, welcome back. Can't wait to reFocus for Gotham. Only skin I use and like.

Question. Will reFocus look the same on a 4K tv? (I see there are 720p and 1080p XMLs, not sure if 2160p are needed as well)

Thanks!
I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work properly. XBMC will simply scale it, and as the aspect ratio isn't any different from 720p and 1080p, it should look fine. Maybe some textures will look slightly blurry, but I purposely kept most of them relatively high res, so it shouldn't be too bad.

edit: also, switching to 1080p is one of the more short term plans for reFocus btw.

RE: reFocus 0.9.5 - samukas - 2014-02-23

(2014-02-23, 10:18)Jeroen Wrote:
(2014-02-22, 18:58)samukas Wrote:

Sure thing!
PVR EPG Current Channel
PVR Channel Selection
Player Controls

I took the screenshots on the Mac just because it was easier, but I'm using Raspberry Pi's Smile
Back-end is Tvheadend.

(2014-02-23, 13:07)samukas Wrote:
(2014-02-23, 10:18)Jeroen Wrote:
(2014-02-22, 18:58)samukas Wrote: Sure thing!
PVR EPG Current Channel
PVR Channel Selection
Player Controls

I took the screenshots on the Mac just because it was easier, but I'm using Raspberry Pi's Smile
Back-end is Tvheadend.

Ah, cool Smile I have a Pi too but unfortunately it won't work with my tuner.

RE: reFocus 0.9.5 - nooryani84 - 2014-02-23

Hey Jeroen,

Any chance we can get a sneak peek at the Home Menu or any other goodies? I'm looking forward to seeing what you've been working on! Big Grin

RE: reFocus 0.9.5 - knewknow - 2014-02-23

(2014-02-23, 12:46)Jeroen Wrote:
(2014-02-22, 19:23)dogzipp Wrote: Jeroen, welcome back. Can't wait to reFocus for Gotham. Only skin I use and like.

Thanks!
I don't see any reason why it wouldn't work properly. XBMC will simply scale it, and as the aspect ratio isn't any different from 720p and 1080p, it should look fine. Maybe some textures will look slightly blurry, but I purposely kept most of them relatively high res, so it shouldn't be too bad.

edit: also, switching to 1080p is one of the more short term plans for reFocus btw.

This is all pretty exciting Smile. Any plans for video node support for the xbmb3c plugin? That plugin is shaping up quite nicely.

RE: reFocus 0.9.5 - Jeroen - 2014-02-24

(2014-02-23, 19:47)knewknow Wrote: This is all pretty exciting Smile. Any plans for video node support for the xbmb3c plugin? That plugin is shaping up quite nicely.

I don't have any idea how much work this would entail and how it would possibly have effect on the codebase of the key building blocks of the skin. As Mediabrowser is a Windows only solution as far as I know, I wouldn't be able to test it either, which doesn't raise the chances of supporting it tbh.

RE: reFocus 0.9.5 - iDude - 2014-02-24

(2014-02-24, 14:48)Jeroen Wrote:
(2014-02-23, 19:47)knewknow Wrote: This is all pretty exciting Smile. Any plans for video node support for the xbmb3c plugin? That plugin is shaping up quite nicely.

I don't have any idea how much work this would entail and how it would possibly have effect on the codebase of the key building blocks of the skin. As Mediabrowser is a Windows only solution as far as I know, I wouldn't be able to test it either, which doesn't raise the chances of supporting it tbh.
Video node support isn't something that's specific to mediabrowser. It's a new skinning method to fill lists with content from directories or addons: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=176864

I don't know if the main menu editor will make it into the new version of refocus (I sure hope so Big Grin) but if it is then I think you should take a look at script.skinshortcuts which already uses the new <content> tag. And if I'm unterstanding it correctly you could use this addon to completely customize the main and the sub menus without adding dozens of conditions to each item.

------------------------------------

Quote:Hey Jeroen,

Any chance we can get a sneak peek at the Home Menu or any other goodies? I'm looking forward to seeing what you've been working on! Big Grin

+1 Big Grin

(2014-02-24, 15:50)iDude Wrote: Video node support isn't something that's specific to mediabrowser. It's a new skinning method to fill lists with content from directories or addons: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=176864

I don't know if the main menu editor will make it into the new version of refocus (I sure hope so Big Grin) but if it is then I think you should take a look at script.skinshortcuts which already uses the new <content> tag.

Ah I see, thanks. I've quickly skimped that thread before, but haven't really looked into it to be honest. As I'm working on releasing a new version before the end of the week I don't think it's a good idea to overhaul the home menu (again) at this stage. From what I gather it's also still in early stage and not guaranteed ready for Gotham. It does sound interesting though, so likely somewhere down the road... I'll just have to see how it evolves and get familiar with it.

edit: couldn't help myself doing some experimenting with skin.shortcuts, it's definitely promising and awesome but it's going to take time to implement it.

Quote:And if I'm unterstanding it correctly you could use this addon to completely customize the main and the sub menus without adding dozens of conditions to each item.
Sigh...could have used that earlier Wink

Quote:Any chance we can get a sneak peek at the Home Menu or any other goodies? I'm looking forward to seeing what you've been working on! Big Grin

+1 Big Grin
I'll see if I can put up something later.

RE: reFocus 0.9.5 - nooryani84 - 2014-02-24

*patiently waits in excitement*

So this is the homescreen. Entries with submenus active are indicated with an >. Pressing on a main menu item will expand the submenu. Pressing back or left will collapse it back.

Submenus can be switched on and off for all individual main menu items. All submenu entries can be switched on and off too. Pressing back or left in the submenu will collapse the submenu and return focus to the parent main menu item.

There are four options for the background images.

These are:
  1. a single selectable image as a background
  2. a selectable folder with images as a slideshow
  3. a slideshow of your fanart (using robweber's fanart grabber add-on)
  4. activating the "shelf" (pictured above)
Pressing right while in the main menu or a submenu will shift focus to the shelf. The shelf is basically a horizontal list with vertical menus in them. On pressing right, if a video is playing, focus will shift to that (and the menu will slide to the left:

If no video is playing you are brought to the featured episodes, which you scroll through vertically:

Press right one more time and you scroll horizontally to the featured movies:

You can scroll back to episodes by pressing left, or press back to return to instantly scroll to the very beginning, the main menu.

Hope that gives an idea of how it will function.