Kodi Community Forum
v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: reFocus (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=72)
+----- Thread: v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated) (/showthread.php?tid=75867)

RE: reFocus 0.9.5 - spoco2 - 2014-02-24

That looks really clean, really nice. I like it a lot.

I'm guessing it's more obvious when using it/when it's in motion, but at the moment it's a little unclear that (on the second picture) the 'Browse/Watchlist...' section is a sub-menu. Would seem to be more obvious if they were slightly indented.

Awesome stuff. Big Grin

RE: reFocus 0.9.5 - Paul Salem - 2014-02-24

Splendid.

RE: reFocus 0.9.5 - MaDDoGo - 2014-02-24

I'm speechless... And F5ing your github eeevery day Wink

RE: reFocus 0.9.5 - nooryani84 - 2014-02-24

(2014-02-24, 21:54)Jeroen Wrote: So this is the homescreen. Entries with submenus active are indicated with an >. Pressing on a main menu item will expand the submenu. Pressing back or left will collapse it back.

Submenus can be switched on and off for all individual main menu items. All submenu entries can be switched on and off too. Pressing back or left in the submenu will collapse the submenu and return focus to the parent main menu item.

There are four options for the background images.

These are:
  1. a single selectable image as a background
  2. a selectable folder with images as a slideshow
  3. a slideshow of your fanart (using robweber's fanart grabber add-on)
  4. activating the "shelf" (pictured above)
Pressing right while in the main menu or a submenu will shift focus to the shelf. The shelf is basically a horizontal list with vertical menus in them. On pressing right, if a video is playing, focus will shift to that (and the menu will slide to the left:

If no video is playing you are brought to the featured episodes, which you scroll through vertically:

Press right one more time and you scroll horizontally to the featured movies:

You can scroll back to episodes by pressing left, or press back to return to instantly scroll to the very beginning, the main menu.

Hope that gives an idea of how it will function.
Wow, you have really made the next-generation Refocus Big Grin

It almost deserves a new name!

RE: reFocus 0.9.5 - Jeroen - 2014-02-25

One more before I'm calling it a night.

This is the redesigned options menu.

(2014-02-24, 23:48)nooryani84 Wrote: It almost deserves a new name!
I named this skin reFocus as it is the successor to a skin called Focus I made many moons ago. So it would be rereFocus Wink

RE: reFocus 0.9.5 - nooryani84 - 2014-02-25

(2014-02-25, 01:17)Jeroen Wrote: One more before I'm calling it a night.

This is the redesigned options menu.

(2014-02-24, 23:48)nooryani84 Wrote: It almost deserves a new name!
I named this skin reFocus as it is the successor to a skin called Focus I made many moons ago. So it would be rereFocus Wink

Haha! Ok, reLoaded? Big Grin

RE: reFocus 0.9.5 - Smobbo - 2014-02-25

The fact that all the screens are full screen make it very confusing.
Pressing right to go to shelf and then up is scrolling in a list and right is another list? or Now playing when available?

I don't think this will pass the WAF-test Wink .

Do you consider more guidance, in the form of arrows or not using full screen?

RE: reFocus 0.9.5 - Jeroen - 2014-02-25

(2014-02-25, 15:07)Smobbo Wrote: The fact that all the screens are full screen make it very confusing.
Pressing right to go to shelf and then up is scrolling in a list and right is another list? or Now playing when available?
Correct. The scrollbars should provide some indication that you can scroll up or down.

Quote:I don't think this will pass the WAF-test Wink .
Sorry Wink

Quote:Do you consider more guidance, in the form of arrows
Maybe.

Quote:or not using full screen?
No, sorry. There's only so much you can do without cluttering everything up with arrows, indicators, buttons and what not Wink

I feel the animation in the menus and scrollbars should provide sufficient visual feedback.

Please don't change anything Jeroen... once you start changing things then you run the risk of ruining your original vision Tongue

Translations - Jeroen - 2014-02-25

Translations
A note to anyone willing to provide / maintain translations.

I posted some info about changes in the translation files here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=187505&pid=1637253#pid1637253

(2014-02-25, 16:17)nooryani84 Wrote: Please don't change anything Jeroen... once you start changing things then you run the risk of ruining your original vision Tongue

Oh, I am always open to ideas and suggestions. That doesn't mean I will add all of them though Smile
I have thought about arrows on the shelf too, as the library views have them too to indicate how to get to the options menu. But I decided too keep them out at least for now.

RE: reFocus 0.9.5 - ZZRX - 2014-02-25

Your ideas looks good, i like lots option screen. Hope so here is some kind of redesigned contest lists also coming.

RE: reFocus 0.9.5 - knewknow - 2014-02-25

(2014-02-25, 16:17)nooryani84 Wrote: Please don't change anything Jeroen... once you start changing things then you run the risk of ruining your original vision Tongue

Please tell me you're keeping unwatched icons instead of watched in library view. This to me is essential, and why other skinners feel that they need a notification icon on something that they've watched is beyond me...

It looks to be shaping up incredibly. You really have a great eye for design.

Thanks again...

(2014-02-25, 17:13)Jeroen Wrote: Translations
A note to anyone willing to provide / maintain translations.

I posted some info about changes in the translation files here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=187505&pid=1637253#pid1637253

Oh, I am always open to ideas and suggestions. That doesn't mean I will add all of them though Smile
I have thought about arrows on the shelf too, as the library views have them too to indicate how to get to the options menu. But I decided too keep them out at least for now.

I embrace choices, it's always nice to have features that can be toggled on/off - I suppose what I meant is not to change the design philosophy of the skin. Smile

Either way I trust your judgement that the skin will be wonderful to use once it's done. Smile

RE: reFocus 0.9.5 - JoostXBMC - 2014-02-25

Woooow.. Looks very clean!

What i am looking for in a skin is decent music viewtypes, also in file mode... Maybe its possible to make some kind of infolist like in arctic an option?

Cant wait to download the first version of your github page...

RE: reFocus 0.9.5 - Jeroen - 2014-02-26

(2014-02-25, 20:46)ZZRX Wrote: Hope so here is some kind of redesigned contest lists also coming.
I'm not sure what you mean by that

(2014-02-25, 20:46)knewknow Wrote: Please tell me you're keeping unwatched icons instead of watched in library view.
I am. One thing I would still like to do on that front though is having indicators in the list view, as opposed to on the poster next to the list view. Just haven't found a method I like yet.

(2014-02-25, 22:12)JoostXBMC Wrote: What i am looking for in a skin is decent music viewtypes, also in file mode... Maybe its possible to make some kind of infolist like in arctic an option?
I haven't used that skin, but I'm sure it's possible Tongue reFocus is a library centered skin though, as such I have no plans on adding more views for that, sorry.