Kodi Community Forum
v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: reFocus (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=72)
+----- Thread: v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated) (/showthread.php?tid=75867)

- Livin - 2010-07-26

Jeroen,
I really like your skin... simple, elegant, and very fast.

I'd like to make a few small requests for those of us with bad eyes and that sit far from the TV...

Can you make an option for larger fonts?
- List view it is difficult to see.
- the screen labels, time, etc... very small for me, hard to see.

Can you had an option for a horizontal menu?
- the current menu is more difficult to see, the words are very close together.
- something like the old AEON horizontal menu (with your take on it) would be nice.

thanks!

- willers.nail - 2010-07-26

reFocus is great but I cant seem to access my scripts anywhere anyone know where I can find them?

- Jeroen - 2010-07-26

Livin Wrote:Jeroen,
I really like your skin... simple, elegant, and very fast.

I'd like to make a few small requests for those of us with bad eyes and that sit far from the TV...

Can you make an option for larger fonts?
- List view it is difficult to see.
- the screen labels, time, etc... very small for me, hard to see.
I have no plans for bigger fonts to be honest. I have no trouble with readability from just under a 10 feet distance. I am however in the process of restructuring the fontset. Starting with the next release it should be quite easy for you to change the fonts of specific elements to your liking by simple edits in the fonts.xml file.

Quote:Can you had an option for a horizontal menu?
- the current menu is more difficult to see, the words are very close together.
- something like the old AEON horizontal menu (with your take on it) would be nice.
I currently have no plans for an alternate homescreen. And if there's ever going to be one, it would not be like you describe as I'm not a fan of menus where you have to "guess" what comes next in the menu.

willers.nail Wrote:reFocus is great but I cant seem to access my scripts anywhere anyone know where I can find them?

Scripts and plugins are now add-ons and are part of the new add-ons system to be introduced officially in the next XBMX milestone release. Therefore there is no scripts window anymore. Both types are accessed through their parent node. So for example video add-ons in the video library and music add-ons in the music library.
In any case it's an XBMC change and not directly related to reFocus.

- robweber - 2010-07-26

Jeroen Wrote:Scripts and plugins are now add-ons and are part of the new add-ons system to be introduced officially in the next XBMX milestone release. Therefore there is no scripts window anymore. Both types are accessed through their parent node. So for example video add-ons in the video library and music add-ons in the music library.
In any case it's an XBMC change and not directly related to reFocus.

While it's true that separate "scripts and plugins" are now part of the add-ons system; people trying to run reFocus on pre-add-on builds of XBMC (ie Camelot) may still be trying to find scripts under the accessories menu option. I know I was looking for it since the first release had it and now its gone.

I simply added a scripts menu item myself to hold me over until Dharma is released and then I'll upgrade so I can use the add-on system. I can only imagine how hard releasing skins must be at this point with the add-on system not officially released as a stable build; it is a rather big change and people who haven't yet made the transition sure make things difficult.

- willers.nail - 2010-07-26

Hi Jeroen I understand xbox should not be brought up on these forums any more but is there any chance you could do something about this for us xbox users? The skin is amazing and works brilliant on xbox(seriously good). Said I wanted to ask nicely if you could do us old xbox users a favour. Sad

- Jeroen - 2010-07-26

robweber Wrote:While it's true that separate "scripts and plugins" are now part of the add-ons system; people trying to run reFocus on pre-add-on builds of XBMC (ie Camelot) may still be trying to find scripts under the accessories menu option. I know I was looking for it since the first release had it and now its gone.
Maybe, but reFocus is really meant as a Dharma skin. Maintaining compatibility with Camelot has never been a goal for me. It had the script entry in the first version, but during the development after that programs and scripts were merged so it was removed. I try to follow xbmc development as closely as possible so that it will be fully compatible when Dharma is released.

willers.nail Wrote:Hi Jeroen I understand xbox should not be brought up on these forums any more but is there any chance you could do something about this for us xbox users? The skin is amazing and works brilliant on xbox(seriously good). Said I wanted to ask nicely if you could do us old xbox users a favour. Sad
The problem is that it takes more than just an entry in the main menu to maintain compatibility. It's also the scripts window and various dialogs that have been removed from XBMC or have been replaced that need to be maintained. And when windows have been removed it's kind of hard to ensure they work properly. It would mean either me skinning "blind" or keep testing every release on a camelot install.

And while XBMC development continues to differentiate from XBMC4XBOX this will continue to become more and more difficult.

So, the best thing to do imo would be for someone from the xbox community to port future versions to the xbox. When that is all you need to focus on, it shouldn't be too hard.

- Ayla - 2010-07-26

Jeroen, I really like your media flags - DTS, 720p, 1080p etc. etc.

Would you consider doing some for HD audio tracks (DTS-HD, Dolby TrueHD, LPCM etc.)?

I have quite a few Blu-ray's by now in XBMC, that all have these HD audio tracks on them.

I don't know how much time/effort goes into making them, so if it takes a lot of time, I can understand if you would rather spend it on something else.

PS. an icon for "web-dl" (iTunes HD series) would be cool too... OK, I'll stop now, hehe.. Keep up the good work!

Thanks Smile

- IamLegend - 2010-07-26

Hi Jeroen,
Love the skin man. Im using it on both my systems and am VERY pleased with how they look. One thing ive noticed though is that the only way to get to movie or tv show sub menus with genre, title, year is to enter either library, backspace once then re-enter the library from the sub menu. Is it possible to skip that extra step and have it go directly to movies sub menu after selecting movies? hope i explained that right.

- Jeroen - 2010-07-26

Ayla Wrote:Jeroen, I really like your media flags - DTS, 720p, 1080p etc. etc.

Would you consider doing some for HD audio tracks (DTS-HD, Dolby TrueHD, LPCM etc.)?

I have quite a few Blu-ray's by now in XBMC, that all have these HD audio tracks on them.

I don't know how much time/effort goes into making them, so if it takes a lot of time, I can understand if you would rather spend it on something else.

PS. an icon for "web-dl" (iTunes HD series) would be cool too... OK, I'll stop now, hehe.. Keep up the good work!

Thanks Smile

It depends. Are they recognized as such by XBMC or do they rely on filenames to be recognized? Because in the latter it would require coding in conditions for every type. Not sure if I want to go there.

- Jeroen - 2010-07-26

IamLegend Wrote:Hi Jeroen,
Love the skin man. Im using it on both my systems and am VERY pleased with how they look. One thing ive noticed though is that the only way to get to movie or tv show sub menus with genre, title, year is to enter either library, backspace once then re-enter the library from the sub menu. Is it possible to skip that extra step and have it go directly to movies sub menu after selecting movies? hope i explained that right.

I'm not sure if I understand what you mean. Instead of going to the actual movielist after hitting Movies on the homescreen menu you want it to go to the movie library "root"?

- Ayla - 2010-07-26

Jeroen Wrote:It depends. Are they recognized as such by XBMC or do they rely on filenames to be recognized? Because in the latter it would require coding in conditions for every type. Not sure if I want to go there.

I use Ember Media Manager to scan my movies, before adding them in the XBMC library.

This is how it fills out the .nfo for a movie with a DTS Master Audio track:
Code:
<audio>
        <channels>6</channels>
        <codec>dtsma</codec>
        <language>eng</language>
        <longlanguage>English</longlanguage>
      </audio>

And for a pcm HD audio track (LPCM):

Code:
<audio>
        <channels>6</channels>
        <codec>pcm</codec>
        <language>eng</language>
        <longlanguage>English</longlanguage>
      </audio>

Other than that there is DD True HD too.

I am not sure how XBMC sees HD audio tracks, with it's own scraper.

Maybe someone else here knows... anyone?

- Jeroen - 2010-07-26

Oh, then I assume XBMC just reads whatever the nfo provides, so there's no dependency on the filename I guess.
I'll add them for the next release. Although there doesn't seem to be an official logo for all of them.

edit: My knowledge of these codecs is limited... Is dtsma the same as dts-hd?
If you could list the ones you want and provide the way they are named in the nfo, this would help a lot. The logos need to be named exactly as they appear in the nfo in order to be displayed.

- Eoghlear - 2010-07-26

Jeroen,

Is it possible to select which flags the skin shows? i.e. only studio and 720p flag?

- Jeroen - 2010-07-26

Eoghlear Wrote:Jeroen,

Is it possible to select which flags the skin shows? i.e. only studio and 720p flag?
In the viewtypes only studio and resolution flags are displayed. Codec flags and such only in the movie info dialog. These are not selectable.

- Ayla - 2010-07-27

Jeroen Wrote:Oh, then I assume XBMC just reads whatever the nfo provides, so there's no dependency on the filename I guess.
I'll add them for the next release. Although there doesn't seem to be an official logo for all of them.

edit: My knowledge of these codecs is limited... Is dtsma the same as dts-hd?
If you could list the ones you want and provide the way they are named in the nfo, this would help a lot. The logos need to be named exactly as they appear in the nfo in order to be displayed.

Thanks a lot for doing this Jeroen, really appreciate it! Smile

I just read up on it and it seems that we should follow what "mediainfo" detects / calls the codecs.

Both Ember Media Manager and XBMC (I'm pretty sure XBMC uses it too) use the mediainfo application (or .dll) for detecting video/audio codecs.

I ran some movies with HD audio tracks through MediaInfo on my Mac and did some google searching, this is the results:

-----------------------------------

DTS HD Master Audio is called: dtsma

DTS HD (real name is "DTS-HD HR" it seems) is called: dtshr

Dolby TrueHD is called: truehd

LPCM is called: pcm

-----------------------------------

I think those are the four we need Smile

PS. I read about the HD audio codecs here:
http://forum.blu-ray.com/audio-theory-discussion/41820-guide-home-theater-audio-codecs.html

Thanks again Jeroen!