Kodi Community Forum
v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: reFocus (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=72)
+----- Thread: v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated) (/showthread.php?tid=75867)

- PantsOnFire - 2010-10-08

Check the scraper settings.. you can actually tell it to grab poster art for each season. (but you must set it to do that, or you'llget the problem you're having).

Also you'll need to re-cache the thumbs once youve grabbed the posterarts, or xbmc will continue to use the ones it currently has. (theres info in the wiki on how to delete thethumb cache).

Now for my question:
I downloaded a pack of studio logo PNG files which I want to use. The thread I downloaded them from gave insttructions how to install (locate the skin.Aeon folder, go to EXTRAS, make a folder called STUDIOS, bung em in there). It's done 'per-skin' so I browsed to SKIN.REFOCUS, created a folder called EXTRAS, then one called STUDIOS and popped the pngs in there.

It didn't really work though, I still have a tonne of question marks on my film library. Do I have to refresh the movie library? (rescan) or am I even going about it the right way?/will this even work for Refocus?

greatful for help, thx.

- mstef - 2010-10-08

I like this skin, it is very clean and fast. I wonder that covers in thumbinals view screen could also has rounded corners as in slide mode? The same in gallery mode soem space between fanart and rounded corners?

- Sranshaft - 2010-10-08

PantsOnFire Wrote:CI downloaded a pack of studio logo PNG files which I want to use. The thread I downloaded them from gave insttructions how to install (locate the skin.Aeon folder, go to EXTRAS, make a folder called STUDIOS, bung em in there). It's done 'per-skin' so I browsed to SKIN.REFOCUS, created a folder called EXTRAS, then one called STUDIOS and popped the pngs in there.

That is because the ReFocus doesn't store the studio icons in an Extras\Studios folder. You will have to create a flags\studios folder in the Media folder though I'm not sure anymore what sort of precedence images versus texture.xpr takes place. I believe at one point if an image was found outside the compressed texture file (texture.xpr) XBMC would use that but this might have changed in the transition to Dharma.

Best case scenario is to give it a try and see if it works. Other than that, you're only choice will be to uncompress the xpr file and replace them that way.

One thing to keep in mind is the image dimensions. There may be adverse effects (ie, stretching, images not appearing as they should) if the images you are replacing the defaults with do not match up.

mstef Wrote:I like this skin, it is very clean and fast. I wonder that covers in thumbinals view screen could also has rounded corners as in slide mode? The same in gallery mode soem space between fanart and rounded corners?

Covers should appear rounded in the Thumbnail view. At least they do on my system, if memory serves me correct. Gallery mode is a completely different idea to the slide view though and I can see why Jereon went the way he did in regads to that. If you want rounded fanart, I'd suggest using the Slide view and choosing 'Use Fanart' instead of 'Use Posters' in the side menu.

- mstef - 2010-10-09

Sranshaft Wrote:Covers should appear rounded in the Thumbnail view. At least they do on my system, if memory serves me correct.
No, they don't. I use version 0.8.8 and Dharma Beta2 on Windows 7.

- tungmeister - 2010-10-09

just a quick feature request - in xperience there is an option to use poster thumbnails directly from movie folders which are obivoulsy of a higher quality than using the cached thumb, i'd love to see this option in refocus.

- Sranshaft - 2010-10-09

mstef Wrote:No, they don't. I use version 0.8.8 and Dharma Beta2 on Windows 7.

Sorry, you're correct. I don't use the thumbnail view and only flicked through it momentarily.

- Jeroen - 2010-10-10

Hi guys, sorry for being a bit absent as of late. Definitely still working on the skin whenever I can, there just hasn't been much time available lately.

Galefury Wrote:Another suggestion: can add tv show next aired addon entry on left menu of a tv show (if addon is enabled) ? That way, when you've just seen the last episode, bring the menu and check when the next episode will air. Seem logic.
I don't think that kind of interopability is possible. I could add a button to start the addon, but then it would list upcoming episodes for all shows. for quick access you could add the script to your favorites and start it that way. I don't want to clutter up the side menu too much. It should focus on XBMC functions imo.

For some reason I can't seem to get the next aired add-on skinned though. Using the same method as with other add-ons it just keeps the confluence look.
I have been working on skinning support for the tv-rage add-on though:

Above are two different versions of the main list in the tv-rage add-on. I'm not sure which way to go. The first one has place for the tv-show image, but without it in the second one I think it looks cleaner. Plus, all the tv show images have different sizes, so it tends to look not well integrated. Also, I don't feel they really serve a purpose here, you just want to see when the next episode aires.
Yet, I'm still in doubt Laugh

episode list:

The colored bits indicate airing tomorrow and today.

- Jeroen - 2010-10-10

starcitysecrets Wrote:just a few things, my tv logos don't work in this skin although they do work in other skins. i have turned the toggle in the settings on but still doesnt show up in gallery view.
Weird, they show up fine for me. Note that they only show in the fullscreen gallery view layout.

Quote:the slide view on tv shows isnt as smooth as it is in movie view, episode view etc, instead of flowing to the next tv show, it just jolts forward and doesnt show a sliding animation
I can't think of any reason why this could happen, as both tvshows and movies use the exact same container Huh I have made optimizations to that viewtype for the next release though, but they would benefit tv shows and movies just as much.

Quote:the programs view also doesn't change views, although it say there is a thumbnail view, it doesnt work. also, in list view in programs i have a large list of video game roms, and when i scroll down far enough, the title overlaps with the list so you can't see what it says.
Yes, the thumbnail view isn't implemented in 0.8.8 yet, it's done for 0.8.9

Quote:i also noticed you have custom video add on icons for download but im not sure how you can replace the icons for the video add ons. do you have to copy the image file into the add ons directory or somethingHuh
They have to be copied to the add-on folders in your xbmc profile (all add-on icons are named icon.png).

Quote:thanks again for making this great skin!
Thanks Smile

tungmeister Wrote:just a quick feature request - in xperience there is an option to use poster thumbnails directly from movie folders which are obivoulsy of a higher quality than using the cached thumb, i'd love to see this option in refocus.
Using the moviedb scraper most of my posters are really HQ Huh I'm just not a big fan of file structure based organizing.

- b4sh - 2010-10-11

Finally I found skin for my xbmc. In my opinion this is the best skin for xbmc ever. Design, features, quality - everything is just perfect.

Big thanks for unicode font support and for this skin Smile Very well done!.

- maxinc - 2010-10-11

b4sh Wrote:Finally I found skin for my xbmc. In my opinion this is the best skin for xbmc ever. Design, features, quality - everything is just perfect.

Big thanks for unicode font support and for this skin Smile Very well done!.

Make that +1.

Love everything about this skin! Discovered on the Plex forums, made me buy a PC and switch back to XBMC.

Extremely well done! Many thanks and keep up the good work!

- starcitysecrets - 2010-10-11

Jeroen Wrote:Weird, they show up fine for me. Note that they only show in the fullscreen gallery view layout.

i see this now, i was pressing down on the remote in gallery view but realise i have to go into the menu and select fullscreen.

the only problem i have now is the video add-on browser not remembering the views i have selected for them. for instance, if i select a thumbnail view for something, and then back out and go back in, it will have reverted to list view.

is there anyway to fix this or is this an xbmc issue not a skin issue?

EDIT: more information, if i select a video within a video add-on, after i press 'stop' the add-on browser is now showing that my previously selected thumbnail view is now showing! however, when i come out of add-ons and select the add-on again in the future, its reverts back to list view until i watch another video and press stop etc etc.

changing between ascending and descending also refreshes the add-on list back to thumbnail view but as you can imagine that'd be annoying to do for every screen

im sure a similar view in the Shade skin didnt have this problem of not remembering views when you back out of an add-on so thats why i think it might be a skin issue.

thanks jeroen

- reinisr - 2010-10-13

Jeroen Wrote:In any specific view or everywhere? Because in for instance Slide view it's quite big already I think?
I use list view; existing icon is too unnoticeable.
Thanks again

- DuMbGuM - 2010-10-14

Nice skin, apologies if it has been asked, but will you be doing the HD variations of the studio logos? Didn't want to ask in the logos thread as you said it's not for discussion.

Most of my shows are in HD so I use the logos like hbo_hd.png and have those studios set in my .nfo's.

Hope the skin arrives on SVN at some stage anyway (unless I missed something) so we can use the 'media' folder structure to add custom images like this and help modding. Cheers. Smile

- Guybrush234 - 2010-10-14

Jeroen, not sure you have fixed this in the next version of reFocus, but XOT:Uzg (f.k.a Uitzending gemist) won't load with reFocus. When using Confluence this add-on works fine. I have this issue both on my on mediacenter (XBMC build r34731 with Ubuntu 10.4.1 LTS) as well on my Mac (XBMC build r33324 on OSX 10.6.4)

The log says this (after loading a couple of channels):
Quote:20101014 21:17:39 - INFO - progwindow.py - 48 - Importing chn_tvse
20101014 21:17:39 - DEBUG - stopwatch.py - 37 - Stopwatch :: Lap (Progwindow :: importing channels): 567.73686409 ms
20101014 21:17:39 - CRITICAL - default.py - 151 - Error initializing XOT-Uzg (XOT-Uzg.v3) script
20101014 21:17:39 - CRITICAL - default.py - 151 - | Traceback (most recent call last):
20101014 21:17:39 - CRITICAL - default.py - 151 - | File "/Users/jarissa/Library/Application Support/XBMC/addons/net.rieter.xot/default.py", line 142, in ?
20101014 21:17:39 - CRITICAL - default.py - 151 - | MyWindow = progwindow.GUI(config.appSkin ,config.rootDir, config.skinFolder)
20101014 21:17:39 - CRITICAL - default.py - 151 - | TypeError: XML File for Window is missing

So it seems to be missing some XML file?

- Slurrrp - 2010-10-15

Guybrush234 Wrote:Jeroen, not sure you have fixed this in the next version of reFocus, but XOT:Uzg (f.k.a Uitzending gemist) won't load with reFocus. When using Confluence this add-on works fine. I have this issue both on my on mediacenter (XBMC build r34731 with Ubuntu 10.4.1 LTS) as well on my Mac (XBMC build r33324 on OSX 10.6.4)

The log says this (after loading a couple of channels):

So it seems to be missing some XML file?

Rename the PAL folder to 720p in \addons\net.rieter.xot\resources\skins\Default and it will work...