Kodi Community Forum
v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: reFocus (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=72)
+----- Thread: v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated) (/showthread.php?tid=75867)

- Slurrrp - 2010-10-15

Jeroen, fantastische skin, het was al de favoriet van mijn vriendin, maar ik ben nu ook over. Smile
Al heb ik wel wat aangepast, donkerdere kleuren, tv logos etc.
Ik hoop wel dat in de uiteindelijke versie de xpr vrijgegeven wordt zodat we nog meer kunnen veranderen.
Maar erg bedankt voor je werk en inzet! Wacht met smart op de komende updates...

- Kolabor - 2010-10-17

Jeroen, we miss You Nod

- Jeroen - 2010-10-17

b4sh Wrote:Finally I found skin for my xbmc. In my opinion this is the best skin for xbmc ever. Design, features, quality - everything is just perfect.

Big thanks for unicode font support and for this skin Smile Very well done!.
Thanks, and you're welcome

maxinc Wrote:Love everything about this skin! Discovered on the Plex forums, made me buy a PC and switch back to XBMC.
Wow, thanks Smile

starcitysecrets Wrote:the only problem i have now is the video add-on browser not remembering the views i have selected for them. for instance, if i select a thumbnail view for something, and then back out and go back in, it will have reverted to list view.

is there anyway to fix this or is this an xbmc issue not a skin issue?
No, it's probably a bug in reFocus. In my version I can't reproduce this, so I must have fixed it somewhere along the way
n

reinisr Wrote:I use list view; existing icon is too unnoticeable.
Thanks again
I upped the size of the icon in list view for the upcoming version.

DuMbGuM Wrote:Nice skin, apologies if it has been asked, but will you be doing the HD variations of the studio logos? Didn't want to ask in the logos thread as you said it's not for discussion.

Most of my shows are in HD so I use the logos like hbo_hd.png and have those studios set in my .nfo's.
No, the plan is to use a single logo for different subsidiary studios and things like that. The video resolution will tell you whether something is HD.

Quote:Hope the skin arrives on SVN at some stage anyway (unless I missed something) so we can use the 'media' folder structure to add custom images like this and help modding. Cheers.
That's the plan. Maybe starting with 0.9x but at least at 1.0

Slurrrp Wrote:Jeroen, fantastische skin, het was al de favoriet van mijn vriendin, maar ik ben nu ook over. Smile
Al heb ik wel wat aangepast, donkerdere kleuren, tv logos etc.
Ik hoop wel dat in de uiteindelijke versie de xpr vrijgegeven wordt zodat we nog meer kunnen veranderen.
Maar erg bedankt voor je werk en inzet! Wacht met smart op de komende updates...
Leuk om te horen, bedankt Smile

Kolabor Wrote:Jeroen, we miss You Nod
I'm still here Wink I'm planning to release 0.8.9 in the upcoming week or at the latest next weekend.

Greetings,
Jeroen

- chupy - 2010-10-17

Quote:I'm still here Wink I'm planning to release 0.8.9 in the upcoming week or at the latest next weekend.

Anxiously awaiting Laugh

Your work is GREATLY appreciated! Nod

- DuMbGuM - 2010-10-18

Cool, thanks Jeroen! Rofl

- johnny utah - 2010-10-18

Jeroen Wrote:I'm still here Wink I'm planning to release 0.8.9 in the upcoming week or at the latest next weekend.

Greetings,
Jeroen

Great news! reFocus is also my skin of choice...pure elegance in design, useability, and function.

Not sure if already covered, but will library item count be included as an option in the next release??

It's hard to tell if a scraper has missed anything without seeing an item count.

Thanks again for the awesome work! Much appreciated! Big Grin

- IamLegend - 2010-10-18

Thanks again for this beautiful skin. I usually switch skins pretty often because i get tired of looking at the same layout but i have your skin on all 3 of my media centers and im still impressed every time i turn one on. Not to take anything away from the other skins but yours looks so clean and professional I dont see myself ever switching again. Thanks for all your hard work.

- IamLegend - 2010-10-18

starcitysecrets Wrote:i see this now, i was pressing down on the remote in gallery view but realise i have to go into the menu and select fullscreen.

the only problem i have now is the video add-on browser not remembering the views i have selected for them. for instance, if i select a thumbnail view for something, and then back out and go back in, it will have reverted to list view.

is there anyway to fix this or is this an xbmc issue not a skin issue?

EDIT: more information, if i select a video within a video add-on, after i press 'stop' the add-on browser is now showing that my previously selected thumbnail view is now showing! however, when i come out of add-ons and select the add-on again in the future, its reverts back to list view until i watch another video and press stop etc etc.

changing between ascending and descending also refreshes the add-on list back to thumbnail view but as you can imagine that'd be annoying to do for every screen

im sure a similar view in the Shade skin didnt have this problem of not remembering views when you back out of an add-on so thats why i think it might be a skin issue.

thanks jeroen

I've noticed this too but the weird thing is i have focus 8.8 on three computers and I only have that issue with one of them. The other two always remember what view i leave them on but for some reason my living room computer always reverts to list or slide view. Pretty sure im running dharma beta 2 on all three but i'll have to verify when i get home. Skin looks great no matter what view pops up though so its not a big deal.

- starcitysecrets - 2010-10-19

IamLegend Wrote:I've noticed this too but the weird thing is i have focus 8.8 on three computers and I only have that issue with one of them. The other two always remember what view i leave them on but for some reason my living room computer always reverts to list or slide view. Pretty sure im running dharma beta 2 on all three but i'll have to verify when i get home. Skin looks great no matter what view pops up though so its not a big deal.

hmmm, worrying, i hope its not an issue on my end and that the 0.89 update resolves this problem, we will have to see.

- starcitysecrets - 2010-10-19

this is really weird, im seeing a difference in the same skin between my LiveBeta2 on my media center and the Beta2 on my laptop. first of all, i never noticed that there was a background image in the ReFocus splash screen until i installed it on my laptop, something I can't recreate on my Live version.

also, on the Live version, the skin only makes navigation sounds when i select or exit something. whereas on my windows laptop version, it makes a sound when moving through the menu etc.

does anyone else have this problem? or do i have a weird live beta2 installation, was thinking about upgrading to beta3 soon.

- mstef - 2010-10-20

Jeoren, can we see here (thumbinals view) rounded poster corners as in any other views?

- minimalko - 2010-10-21

mstef Wrote:Jeoren, can we see here (thumbinals view) rounded poster corners as in any other views?

I find them perfectly fine.

However you can do that yourself by modifiing the xmls, adding a diffuse texture.

Jeroen,

I want to thank you for making this skin. In my opinion reFocus is by far the best looking skin. Wihout hurting anyone's feelings I really think making it a default skin once it's completed should be seriously considered.

Working on two skins with Phyek I know how much work it takes to create a fully working skin for XBMC. For that very reason we never managed to finish projects we have started (however we came quite close in one case). Your efforts are therefore really appreciated.

XBMC is the best HTPC program out there without any doubt, but in my opinion it allways lacked the "pro look" it deserved. Some skins came closer to it but never really got finished or functioned properly. I struggled with this for years, even tried to skin it myself. In the end I chose boxee which sucked in many fields compared to XBMC, but had better skin.

It is fair to say that your skin made me come back to XBMC and I couldn't be happier. Please keep up the good work. I am looking forward to seeing what the updates bring.

Mat

- mstef - 2010-10-21

minimalko Wrote:I find them perfectly fine.

However you can do that yourself by modifiing the xmls, adding a diffuse texture.Mat

Unfortunately I don't have skin programming skills, something which you and Jeoren will take 5 minutes I'll do for weeks Smile

thanks Jeroen! - elmonito - 2010-10-22

Jeroen Wrote:I'm still here Wink I'm planning to release 0.8.9 in the upcoming week or at the latest next weekend.

Awesome! Much looking forward to the next release, especially the TV Rage add-on skinning. I also noticed that incorporating Recently Added info into the homescreen is on your TODO list -- I would love to see what you have in mind. My XBMC library gets auto-updated in the background with new shows and movies when I'm not around, so the little homescreen bits showing what's new is super useful.

Also wanted to say thanks for all the hard work. I've been using this skin since 0.8.5 and it's just gorgeous, love the minimalist approach. It's harder work to get that right I think; throwing in every feature possible is easy, making smart decisions on what to leave out is harder. And you nailed it. Great, great work!

cheers mate.

- Jeroen - 2010-10-22

minimalko Wrote:I find them perfectly fine.

However you can do that yourself by modifiing the xmls, adding a diffuse texture.

Jeroen,

I want to thank you for making this skin. In my opinion reFocus is by far the best looking skin. Wihout hurting anyone's feelings I really think making it a default skin once it's completed should be seriously considered.

Working on two skins with Phyek I know how much work it takes to create a fully working skin for XBMC. For that very reason we never managed to finish projects we have started (however we came quite close in one case). Your efforts are therefore really appreciated.

XBMC is the best HTPC program out there without any doubt, but in my opinion it allways lacked the "pro look" it deserved. Some skins came closer to it but never really got finished or functioned properly. I struggled with this for years, even tried to skin it myself. In the end I chose boxee which sucked in many fields compared to XBMC, but had better skin.

It is fair to say that your skin made me come back to XBMC and I couldn't be happier. Please keep up the good work. I am looking forward to seeing what the updates bring.

Mat

Thanks so much for the kind words Mat!
I appreciate the thanks, but it's really my pleasure Smile I do this simply because I enjoy it. Coupled with my uncontrollable urge to tweak and customize the heck out of anything I can get my hands on Laugh

I started reFocus, and the original Focus skin because of similar reasons as you, there were no skins that really suited me. Not to say they weren't any good, some exceptional work has and is being done by my fellow skinners, but it's just a personal thing I guess. I just like making things my own.

Anyway I should be thanking you, and all other reFocus users, for using my skin, giving feedback and making suggestions. Even though my own personal preferences partly drive the vision I have for this skin, seeing others enjoy it makes it even more worthwhile and it motivates me to keep improving on it.

Cheers,
Jeroen