Kodi Community Forum
v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: reFocus (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=72)
+----- Thread: v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated) (/showthread.php?tid=75867)

- Jeroen - 2010-10-22

mstef Wrote:Jeoren, can we see here (thumbinals view) rounded poster corners as in any other views?

Actually they had rounded corners at first, although that was before the first public release. It didn't look right to me, so I decided to go with square corners instead.
Basically it was because of the smaller size of the posters in this view. The rounded corners were much less noticeable because of that unless I would give them a bigger radius which would cut off more of the actual poster image.
I might try to improve on the diffuse texture and revisit it sometime, but honestly I kind of like how it is now.

elmonito Wrote:I also noticed that incorporating Recently Added info into the homescreen is on your TODO list -- I would love to see what you have in mind.
Many concepts for that have come and gone, it's one of the things I want to prioritize on but are the hardest to finalize /decide upon Sad

Quote:making smart decisions on what to leave out is harder.
Thanks, yes that is definitely one of the key aspects of the design "philosophy" behind the skin.

- Stranger - 2010-10-22

Jeroen Wrote:Actually they had rounded corners at first, although that was before the first public release. It didn't look right to me, so I decided to go with square corners instead.
Basically it was because of the smaller size of the posters in this view. The rounded corners were much less noticeable because of that unless I would give them a bigger radius which would cut off more of the actual poster image.
I might try to improve on the diffuse texture and revisit it sometime, but honestly I kind of like how it is now.

Rounded thumbs are horrible, I think the refocus thumbnails view is one of the nicest view's throughout xbmc. I hate aeon's over compensating rounded corners, your straight/clean diffuse is what your view needed and it works so well

- Galefury - 2010-10-22

Another idea, for pause screen. I made it for myself because I like clearart. For movies it could be the movie cover.

- mstef - 2010-10-22

Stranger Wrote:Rounded thumbs are horrible, I think the refocus thumbnails view is one of the nicest view's throughout xbmc. I hate aeon's over compensating rounded corners, your straight/clean diffuse is what your view needed and it works so well

Everybody has own taste I like rounded in refocus. In every other view except thumbnails there are rounded corners so that what I ask is very logical.

- Stranger - 2010-10-22

mstef Wrote:Everybody has own taste I like rounded in refocus. In every other view except thumbnails there are rounded corners so that what I ask is very logical.

I can respect that... why don't you just edit the thumb diffuse yourself?

- mstef - 2010-10-23

Stranger Wrote:I can respect that... why don't you just edit the thumb diffuse yourself?

Because I know nothing about skinning in xbmc. I was looking into xml files but nothing is clear for me Sad But this is not important, maybe someday somebody polish this in refocus.

- Stranger - 2010-10-23

mstef Wrote:Because I know nothing about skinning in xbmc. I was looking into xml files but nothing is clear for me Sad But this is not important, maybe someday somebody polish this in refocus.

If I had the unpacked textures I would do it for you

reFocus 0.8.9 released - Jeroen - 2010-10-24

So here is reFocus 0.8.9. It took longer than I had planned and it contains less than I had planned too, but I felt I needed to put out a new version for you after such a long time.
No worries about future development, I am still very much commited to this skin, it's just that my time has been limited lately.

Biggest changes in this version are:

reFocus now has Korean localization thanks to epoke. A unicode fontset has been added for this. It's not the prettiest but it gets the job done and I hope to be able to improve on this in the future. For now it's a pretty rough implementation focused on just working.

Also in the font area, reFocus now provides an alternate fontset which uses upper and lowercase characters in selected areas. This also is a rough implementation so you may encounter some slight errors.

Futhermore there are refinements to some dialogs, including a redesigned OSD slider dialog (for example when changing subtitle offset)

The settings screen has been refined with new icons and selection image.

Support for the TV-Rage addon has been included. There is however a problem which I have not been able to tackle before releasing this version. When you open this addon the background will turn black instead of just displaying the homescreen or whichever screen you are in at the time.

I have a feeling this was caused by an update to this add-on, because it has been working correctly before. I will look into this further later. For now it is fully functional though.

For a somewhat complete changelog look here

Download

Greetings,
Jeroen

- Galefury - 2010-10-24

Thanks. Downloading and testing. Cheers.

- smcnally75 - 2010-10-24

Galefury Wrote:Another idea, for pause screen. I made it for myself because I like clearart. For movies it could be the movie cover.

I like the movie cover to show when paused too, but It might make the really clean look of the current pause menu not look right. It would be a great option though.

One thing I've been wondering is if it is possible to change the transparency of the blue overlay that covers the fanart while in the library view. I like it a lot, but wish it was just a tiny bit more transparent.

- starcitysecrets - 2010-10-24

nice update, loads of fixes that I was considering mentioning and the slide view in tv shows is alot smoother than before.

the add on thumbnail issue is still occurring which makes me believe its something wrong on my end.

instead, is there a way of making the thumbnail view the first and default view for add ons by modifying on of the XML's?

thanks again Jeroen, keep up the amazing work.

- bosel - 2010-10-24

Thanks for the update Jeroen, simply the best skin.

Couple of bugs I found:

-navigation sounds do not seem to work after update
-OSD text error -> subtitle toggle "unknown(invalid)"

tested on both linux and osx (dharma beta 3)

unrelated question:

I use a script to clean library after update (I know about advancedsettings.xml, but this leaves kruft in my library), this has a popup dialogue which i'd like to suppress (or replace with a normal osd text). Can I do this by finding the right skin xml or would this have consequences for other dialogues?

- mstef - 2010-10-24

Stranger Wrote:If I had the unpacked textures I would do it for you

Thank you Stranger, I am appreciative.

- smcnally75 - 2010-10-25

bosel Wrote:Thanks for the update Jeroen, simply the best skin.

Couple of bugs I found:

-navigation sounds do not seem to work after update
-OSD text error -> subtitle toggle "unknown(invalid)"

tested on both linux and osx (dharma beta 3)

Same sound issue here with WinXP SP3 running Dharma beta 3.

- mstef - 2010-10-25

When I go into tv show section and choose any show I have list of all its episodes but there is no screen to choose season, even I check uncheck again flatten settings.

sorry, my fault;