Kodi Community Forum
v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: reFocus (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=72)
+----- Thread: v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated) (/showthread.php?tid=75867)

- loggio - 2010-10-25

Loving the skin!

I do have one criticism, it's kinda stopping me from using this skin as my default at the moment.

It's the 'unwatched indicators'.

basically i find that they don't stand out enough, i find it rather confusing to figure out what i have watched and what needs to be watched. Maybe just adding a simple tick like confluence next to the episode name, where it's blatantly obvious and stands out. At the moment you have them on the episode thumbnail, i find this rather pointless because that means i have to scroll through each episode and look at the thumbnail to see if it needs to be watched... If it's in the "list" next to the title then they will all be visible at once, making it much more organised and less tedious

also, would it be possible to add the option to show "watched indicators" as apose to "unwatched indicators" basically, i want it to show a tick after i've watched it, instead of the other way around. Just makes more sense to me.

Anyways, let me know your thoughts.

good work Smile

- mstef - 2010-10-25

1) scrollbars - when I turn it on there are strange its behaviors specially in movies and tc shows
2) pictures - if folder A has only subfolders the only available view is list but if I put into this folder A any image I have can choose between a few view (list, thumbnails, gallery). If I delete this image I stay with for example thumbnails view If I switch view I can't go back.

- Jeroen - 2010-10-25

smcnally75 Wrote:One thing I've been wondering is if it is possible to change the transparency of the blue overlay that covers the fanart while in the library view. I like it a lot, but wish it was just a tiny bit more transparent.

The transparency is in the background image itself, not determined by xml. Easiest way to adjust would be turning down the opacity of the default background image, it's located in the backgrounds folder.

starcitysecrets Wrote:the add on thumbnail issue is still occurring which makes me believe its something wrong on my end.

instead, is there a way of making the thumbnail view the first and default view for add ons by modifying on of the XML's?
I don't think there's an easy way without potentially causing other problems. Maybe deleting guisettings.xml in your profile folder will help? Maybe something in there keeps it defaulting to the wrong view (warning: this will delete all your skin preferences!) Maybe try renaming it first to see if that helps?

bosel Wrote:-navigation sounds do not seem to work after update
I screwed that one up. It's fixed in 0.8.9.1

Quote:-OSD text error -> subtitle toggle "unknown(invalid)"
Not sure what you mean exactly. where does that error appear?

Quote:I use a script to clean library after update (I know about advancedsettings.xml, but this leaves kruft in my library), this has a popup dialogue which i'd like to suppress (or replace with a normal osd text). Can I do this by finding the right skin xml or would this have consequences for other dialogues?
I don't think so, scripts mostly use the standard xml's, so it would suppress all dialogs of that type. If it's a non-standard xml generated by the script it's something I can't really do anything about.

- Sranshaft - 2010-10-25

mstef Wrote:1) scrollbars - when I turn it on there are strange its behaviors specially in movies and tc shows

You're going to have to give a little more detail besides 'strange behaviours' if you want some help with that one.

- Jeroen - 2010-10-25

loggio Wrote:Loving the skin!

I do have one criticism, it's kinda stopping me from using this skin as my default at the moment.

It's the 'unwatched indicators'.

basically i find that they don't stand out enough, i find it rather confusing to figure out what i have watched and what needs to be watched. Maybe just adding a simple tick like confluence next to the episode name, where it's blatantly obvious and stands out. At the moment you have them on the episode thumbnail, i find this rather pointless because that means i have to scroll through each episode and look at the thumbnail to see if it needs to be watched... If it's in the "list" next to the title then they will all be visible at once, making it much more organised and less tedious
IMO this is what the "hide watched/show all" toggle is for. You could also add a smart playlist to get an instant overview of all your unwatched items.

Quote:also, would it be possible to add the option to show "watched indicators" as apose to "unwatched indicators" basically, i want it to show a tick after i've watched it, instead of the other way around. Just makes more sense to me.
Sorry, but I don't have any plans to add this. It wouldn't give you any more information than the way it currently is.

- loggio - 2010-10-25

but if im going to hide what ive watched i may as well delete it... Which is not what i want to do... Im not the only one in the house. Its just an idicator to show where im up to... Having it the oposite to almost every other skin is just really confusing/annoying.

smart playlists are fine... if you know how to access them. Last thing i want to do is make things more confusing for people to access. Making a playlist for something that is completely default in every other skin is just idiocy really. Not to mention pointless.

Think of reading a book... You leave a bookmark to indicate where you left off, you dont bookmark every page you havent read yet.

just way to confusing the way it is and it really doesnt need to be imho. But thats fine. Keep it up, hopefully ill venture back to this skin sometime soon. Shame really, its the only thing holding me back.

Cheers,
Loggio
:-D

- starcitysecrets - 2010-10-25

in my opinion the unwatched indicators are a better idea than watched indicators. if you're like me and have have alot of watched episodes, then having hundreds and hundreds of 'ticks' can look really tacky.

the indicator is subtle and works really well and personally I wouldnt change it.

deleting the guisesettings.xml hasn't worked for me so I'll just give up on the issue and just hope that maybe it'll fix itself when the full dharma version comes out.

its probably something to do with using an atom processor or maybe my internet connection, who knows.

- Jeroen - 2010-10-25

Loggio, the way other skins do this or that is not important to me and not a factor in deciding how I want my skin to work.

The hide watched/show all toggle is...a toggle. I don't see how this equals deleting your media...

Quote:Think of reading a book... You leave a bookmark to indicate where you left off, you dont bookmark every page you havent read yet.
It's a bad analogy as a book is one object in which you bookmark. Episodes are seperate items.

When you open your email client, does it highlight all the items you have already read or does it highlight the ones you haven't read yet?

As I've said before, assuming you actually watch items that are added to your library most people will at any given time have more watched items than unwatched items. Why show an indicator on let's say 90% of your media, when showing an indicator on 10% of your media will tell you the exact same thing, namely did I watch this or not? That, to me, is pointless.

Anyway, this in the end is all semantics.

I don't really want to defend my choices here, and you're of course welcome to have your opinion, but please realize it is just that..an opinion.

Greetings,
Jeroen

- loggio - 2010-10-25

It is an opinion after all. But removing the option all together means i have no choice but to view it in a different way that i, and everyone else at home is use to. Even still i just dont see how having an unwatched indicator on a thumbnail is beneficial... Its not visible until you scroll over it to check. Email i beleive sorts both read and unread depending on how you look at it.
And a book has many pages, just like a season has many episodes... No different.

Anyways. End of disscussion. i apologise if my opinions seem forceful. just having the option would be nice as opose to adjusting to something different.

Back to confluemce for me :-( sorry man

- harry3001 - 2010-10-25

loggio Wrote:It is an opinion after all. But removing the option all together means i have no choice but to view it in a different way that i, and everyone else at home is use to. Even still i just dont see how having an unwatched indicator on a thumbnail is beneficial... Its not visible until you scroll over it to check. Email i beleive sorts both read and unread depending on how you look at it.
And a book has many pages, just like a season has many episodes... No different.

Anyways. End of disscussion. i apologise if my opinions seem forceful. just having the option would be nice as opose to adjusting to something different.

Back to confluemce for me :-( sorry man

http://img529.imageshack.us/i/tvunwatched.jpg/
http://img130.imageshack.us/i/movieunwatched.jpg/

once i get around to moving to ver 0.8.9 i'll post the xmls

jeroen - any chance you could upload the uncompressed xpr somewhere - i get illegal chars when i extract it (http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/1598/xprexpress.jpg) and having the individual files was they only way i could figure
to stop the unwatched flag showing...

- loggio - 2010-10-25

harry3001 Wrote:http://img529.imageshack.us/i/tvunwatched.jpg/
http://img130.imageshack.us/i/movieunwatched.jpg/

once i get around to moving to ver 0.8.9 i'll post the xmls

jeroen - any chance you could upload the uncompressed xpr somewhere - i get illegal chars when i extract it (http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/1598/xprexpress.jpg) and having the individual files was they only way i could figure
to stop the unwatched flag showing...

Perfect! You're a legend. Thats what im after!

- elmonito - 2010-10-26

Quote:-OSD text error -> subtitle toggle "unknown(invalid)"

Jeroen Wrote:Not sure what you mean exactly. where does that error appear?

I think this problem is due to a bug in XBMC.

When you're playing a video, if you toggle the subtitles you get a notification saying "Subtitles Enabled" or "Subtitles Disabled". In some recent builds of XBMC (dharma beta3) the notification text says "Unknown(Invalid)". It looks like the fix has been checked in and should show up in the next beta:

http://xbmc.git.sourceforge.net/git/gitweb.cgi?p=xbmc/xbmc;a=commit;h=8bf4d46

- mstef - 2010-10-26

Sranshaft Wrote:You're going to have to give a little more detail besides 'strange behaviours' if you want some help with that one.

The biggest problem is in movie and tv show section, in every view mode the are problems with scrollbars indicators. First I use this settings:

Next go into movie library (tv show is the same so I do not put here pictures):

Slide: there are all vertical and horizontal scrollbars (should be only horizontal) and horizontal position indicator works fine

List view: look, there are I suppose two indicators and two scales, one indcator works fine

Thumbnails view: showing I suppose the same as in List view but none indicators works

Gallery view: scrollbars are vertical (should be horizontal) and don't work

In music section, in thumbnails view there is no scrollbars at all but in list and slide view scrollbars are shown and works correct.

- mstef - 2010-10-26

"And one more thing" Smile When I don't have internet connection I have this screen in home, why weather info can be it more user friendly such as "no available" or "weather n/a" instead of ", °C"

And please check this: I've installed system from live cd with dharma beta3 and when I push mute button I have icon with speaker in circle near hour indicator (top right corner) but in my opinion mute icon shoud be strike speaker. How is in yours system? In windows I can't get this icon.

Also there is no icon in home menu when press mute and when there is update library and showing info about it in right top corner, there is no icon only empty space apears when press mute

- minimalko - 2010-10-26

loggio Wrote:Think of reading a book... You leave a bookmark to indicate where you left off, you dont bookmark every page you havent read yet.
:-D

..as well as you don't bookmark every page you have read..sorry but the analogy is just plain wrong