Kodi Community Forum
v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: reFocus (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=72)
+----- Thread: v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated) (/showthread.php?tid=75867)

- henrikyo - 2011-01-02

just a shame this skin gets less and less updated, because its one of the beauties skin creations xbmc have sin, and goes a bit away from the typical "aeon" stuff.

i know jeroes probably has alot of irl stuff, still its a shame its a long wait before each update, because without cinema experience etc, this skin gets kinda useless for me

- Radikaltimes - 2011-01-02

Jeroen Wrote:Hey guys,

Sorry I have not been around lately. Not much work has been done since the last update as I needed to take a little break as real life requires some attention too, and up till now development has been pretty much non-stop since the first release.
As I recharge during the holidays, there's still many plans ahead for reFocus.

So in the new year development will be full speed ahead again.

For now, I wish all of you a merry christmas and a happy new year. Hope to see you all there Smile

Best wishes,
Jeroen

just in case some people doesn't read past the last page .

Jeroen thank you for your work ..and keep the skin according to what you likeSmile

- Amelandbor - 2011-01-02

First of all I want to say great skin!

Just started to use this and I've stumbled upon some problems.

- When I try to change the subtitle or audio stream from within the audio info screen, I can't get anything selected. When I push up or down, nothing gets selected. The weird thing is that I had one time where I could browse trought the options.

- When I select programs to show on the home screen, programs disappears from accessoires and doesn't appear on the home screen.

- cedell - 2011-01-03

I'm unsure if this has been asked before, I couldn't find it when searching. In reFocus, the fanart slideshow option for the homescreen seems to be repeating some show's fanart at a much higher frequency. For example, I have two shows that pop up, on average, every 4th or 5th slide. And this is out of a library of 40 shows, 50 movies. What makes it worse is that one of those repeating shows isn't even in my library any more, and yet the photo still frequently shows itself in the skin's slideshow.

Any ideas why this may be? Any suggestions on how I could clean this up?

Thanks!

- Kolabor - 2011-01-03

henrikyo Wrote:just a shame this skin gets less and less updated, because its one of the beauties skin creations xbmc have sin, and goes a bit away from the typical "aeon" stuff.

i know jeroes probably has alot of irl stuff, still its a shame its a long wait before each update, because without cinema experience etc, this skin gets kinda useless for me
Yes. Busy man he is. It's not a "shame". Few posts earlier Jeroen wrote, that reFocus will get much attention after new year. Just wait and everything will be OK.

- Jeroen - 2011-01-09

Hi everybody,

The best of happiness and health to all of you for the new year. And may all my deadlines be met Wink

Allow me to play catch-up

Baswazz Wrote:Hello Jeroen,
When i compare the fastness with the standard 'XBMC Confluence' skin when browsing through the movies. It is stuttering in list mode.

In thumbmode When i go down i see that the thumbs not apear immediately. First they are all white. And when i go back up it does the same.
I think it can be improved upon as the textures are on the large side for what they do. That's some way down the line though.

Quote:When i am in listmode and hit the C-key the text for the selected movie appear in green, don't know if that's on purpose.
That's supposed to happen yes to indicate that it's selected. Green was a color that worked best under all conditions (it should be readable on light and dark background colors) although it is not ideal. Ideally XBMC would allow me to set a selected color for focused and non-focused selected items separately.

Id3ntityX Wrote:Hello Jeroen,

first off, your skin is awesome & best looking skin for xbmc!

I do have one problem and I'm wondering if it's fixable. I would like the custom playlists in the videomenu to sort out my videos. This does work at the moment but is problematic. You can't (or I haven't found the function) turn of the automatic movies and tv shows buttons. Thats just too bad. My movies screen gets flooded with things I dont want there (because I am using a movies scraper for comedy and documentaries, etc.). Is it possible to make an option to turn them off and only show the custom playlists there? This way it would be possible to really finetune the moviemenu. Also a couple of more playlists would be nice too then, now it's limited to 4.
Thanks Smile
I hope I understand your question properly but does it come down to removing the movies and tvshow entries so you use that space to access your movies and shows completely by custom playlists?
If so, I would consider that but it's not a priority at the moment.

Quote:If it's possible and you're not planning to incorporate it could you give me a hint on how and where to fix this?
You would want to look into homesubmenu.xml. Really no easy way to explain though, if you look at the code I think you'll get the idea.

nero120 Wrote:Thanks for all the hard work Jeroen, ReFocus is a masterpiece!
Thanks, glad you like it Smile

henrikyo Wrote:just a shame this skin gets less and less updated, because its one of the beauties skin creations xbmc have sin, and goes a bit away from the typical "aeon" stuff.

I have to take a break some time Smile At the moment I'm working on bigger updates so stuff gets broken along the way. Releasing a new version right now would just get you a very buggy skin and me a headache Wink

I don't know much about the cinema experience thing, and I also can't gurantee support for every single add-on out there, but I'll put it on my requests list. Does it actually require skin support though? (I mean, won't it just work with a default skin or something?)

Amelandbor Wrote:First of all I want to say great skin!

Just started to use this and I've stumbled upon some problems.

- When I try to change the subtitle or audio stream from within the audio info screen, I can't get anything selected. When I push up or down, nothing gets selected. The weird thing is that I had one time where I could browse trought the options.
Weird, anyone else experiencing this? I haven't been able to reproduce it.

Quote:- When I select programs to show on the home screen, programs disappears from accessoires and doesn't appear on the home screen.
That's intended. There's no point in having it in two separate places imo. It's there in accessories by default, and having it on the main menu is for those that use it often and so want it right on the main menu.

cedell Wrote:I'm unsure if this has been asked before, I couldn't find it when searching. In reFocus, the fanart slideshow option for the homescreen seems to be repeating some show's fanart at a much higher frequency. For example, I have two shows that pop up, on average, every 4th or 5th slide. And this is out of a library of 40 shows, 50 movies. What makes it worse is that one of those repeating shows isn't even in my library any more, and yet the photo still frequently shows itself in the skin's slideshow.

Any ideas why this may be? Any suggestions on how I could clean this up?

Thanks!

I experienced this myself quite a while ago. It would show fanart for House 90% of the time even though I went through the fanart and deleted all the duplicates. I believe it was caused by some external scraping program I was trying out at the time.

Kolabor Wrote:Yes. Busy man he is. It's not a "shame". Few posts earlier Jeroen wrote, that reFocus will get much attention after new year. Just wait and everything will be OK.
Yup I'm not going anywhere, coding as we speak Wink

- dormamu - 2011-01-09

The cinema experience add-on indeed needs skin support. It doesn't work as a standalone add-on

- Jaypeg - 2011-01-09

The integration of Cinema Experience is quite simple. What's done in most skins is an extra button in DialogVideoInfo.

Code:
<control type="button" id="13">
     <description>Home Theatre</description>
     <include>ButtonInfoDialogsCommonValues</include>
     <label>Cinema</label>
     <onclick>Playlist.Clear</onclick>
     <onclick>Dialog.Close(MovieInformation)</onclick>
     <onclick>XBMC.RunScript(script.cinema.experience)</onclick>
     <visible>system.hasaddon(script.cinema.experience) + Container.Content(movies)</visible>
</control>

^This was taken from the Cinema Experience thread.

Of course for full integration of the addon the setting dialogs of Cinema Experience should be skinned as well.

- Jeroen - 2011-01-09

Jaypeg Wrote:The integration of Cinema Experience is quite simple. What's done in most skins is an extra button in DialogVideoInfo.

Code:
<control type="button" id="13">
     <description>Home Theatre</description>
     <include>ButtonInfoDialogsCommonValues</include>
     <label>Cinema</label>
     <onclick>Playlist.Clear</onclick>
     <onclick>Dialog.Close(MovieInformation)</onclick>
     <onclick>XBMC.RunScript(script.cinema.experience)</onclick>
     <visible>system.hasaddon(script.cinema.experience) + Container.Content(movies)</visible>
</control>

^This was taken from the Cinema Experience thread.

Of course for full integration of the addon the setting dialogs of Cinema Experience should be skinned as well.

Thanks Smile Just took a quick look and adding that button seems to be the only thing needed, skinning the settings window is done by DialogAddonSettings.xml

So, I did a quick add of this here
Drop it in the 720p folder.

Let me know if that works out as a short term solution.

- mots - 2011-01-10

Jeroen, any estimate on .9 release? Weeks? Months? Years?

I have xbmc-pvr running in my living room, but none of the PVR-Skins quite fit my taste... reFocus would be ideal Smile

- tungmeister - 2011-01-10

The bug with the audio options dialogue seems to be caused by using audio pass through. At a guess I'd say the issue is because the dialogue tries to focus on the volume control which is disabled when using pass through resulting in nothing in the dialogue being focused.

- dormamu - 2011-01-10

Jeroen Wrote:Thanks Smile Just took a quick look and adding that button seems to be the only thing needed, skinning the settings window is done by DialogAddonSettings.xml

Works like a charm. Thanks!

- Jaypeg - 2011-01-10

Jeroen Wrote:Thanks Smile Just took a quick look and adding that button seems to be the only thing needed, skinning the settings window is done by DialogAddonSettings.xml

Works great thanks Smile

- supertom44 - 2011-01-10

Hey Jeroen great to see you back.

Been through bit of a craze modding skins lately, I am an utter noob though so the mods I make are very very simple lol.

All I did was add the logo on banner view and also change it so the banner view users banner.jpg.

Wanted to change the fanart options for tv shows, wondering if you could point me to where there located if you get chance, I couldn't seem to find the right xml lol, told you I was a noob.

- Jeroen - 2011-01-10

mots Wrote:Jeroen, any estimate on .9 release? Weeks? Months? Years?

I have xbmc-pvr running in my living room, but none of the PVR-Skins quite fit my taste... reFocus would be ideal Smile

Hard to say. Weeks would be great but I think that's being very optimistic. A lot of work has been done on the PVR, but there are some nagging issues. Some of those are because of (imo) strange decisions in the PVR parts of the skinning engine, so I might have to take up some things with the devs first.

Definitely not years! but a month isn't out of the question.

I'll give you a sneak peek of the PVR though

Now, this is early and it won't be completely purple like that! Wink

The programs are colored based on the genre/category of the show, but I guess my tuner isn't fancy enough to pull in the genre information or something so everything shows up the same color.

supertom44 Wrote:Hey Jeroen great to see you back.

Been through bit of a craze modding skins lately, I am an utter noob though so the mods I make are very very simple lol.

All I did was add the logo on banner view and also change it so the banner view users banner.jpg.

Wanted to change the fanart options for tv shows, wondering if you could point me to where there located if you get chance, I couldn't seem to find the right xml lol, told you I was a noob.

None of us were born with skinning experience Wink My first skinning was the same, changing little things around in other skins Smile
Which fanart options are you referring too? The fanart section of the skin settings? Or the actual fanart images?