Kodi Community Forum
v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: reFocus (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=72)
+----- Thread: v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated) (/showthread.php?tid=75867)

- kirillis - 2011-01-18

mortstar Wrote:Personally I think this is massively incorrect. You really should qualify such ridiculous statements with 'in my opinion'. Because what you think isn't what everybody else thinks. You could also express yourself in a little less harsh way, in my opinion.

qft

- DPickles - 2011-01-18

Jeroen Wrote:Image

I've been playing around with this skin but I wasn't really happy with the homescreen so as soon as this is implemented I'll be making the switch.
I have to say that it's placement and structure is excellent!

- The-Boxhead - 2011-01-18

mortstar Wrote:Personally I think this is massively incorrect. You really should qualify such ridiculous statements with 'in my opinion'. Because what you think isn't what everybody else thinks. You could also express yourself in a little less harsh way, in my opinion.

I do am sorry if my post came across harsh, and i agree that i might express my opinion in a smarter way. Offcourse it's just my own personal opinion.

However when skinners post beta version in these forums they will get opinions from users, thats the way it is.

- loggio - 2011-01-19

Although I don't agree with how The-boxhead said what he said, I do support his argument, I THINK the home screen needs an overhaul, and the picture that he used in his post is exactly what I'd be looking for. The option is always there to add a toggle between the two if you're not a fan. He's not alone on this one.

Cheers,
Loggio.

- The-Boxhead - 2011-01-19

Also would just add that the skinners main vision for a skin
is the most important, many suggestions will brake with this vision. i.e adding many elements to screens if the vision is to keep a skin light and quick.

So i dont think it's anything wrong in suggestions from user, after all in the end it's gonna be the skinners choice. I have done skins myself and know this. But i like that people comes with ideas - sometimes thay can be great and fit the vision, sometimes not.

As long as people are nice, polite and constructive i think is all good.

So again my apologies if my post seems harsh. It was only my intention to say it in a nice and constructive way. it was late night so i blame that Smile

- loggio - 2011-01-19

Honestly, with a homescreen like above ^ and the option for 'ticked' watched indicators would top it for me. But I've brought up the ticked indicators before and appears this will never happen :-(

Im sad now
Haha

- spencers - 2011-01-19

Jeroen, I've been running the skin for a couple weeks now, but have run into a little problem with the Boston.com The Big Picture addon.

I cannot get rid of the info caption below a photo! Pressing the info button on my remote doesn't do a thing. It's quite annoying, as it cuts off a large amount of each picture. In fact, one of the pictures I viewed recently was nothing but a blue sky, as the bottom (containing the barn, see link) of the photo was hidden behind the info caption.

Is there a remedy for this?

- Rygrath - 2011-01-19

Hit Enter/Ok instead of Info. Works fine here.

- Jeroen - 2011-01-20

The-Boxhead Wrote:When you get around to mess with homescreens again, please consider
this design, its superb ! And it will def bring the skin together, huge improvement over the one you have now which doesent fit the skin at all.

I'm considering several designs. They aren't too far apart from each other aside from one I recently thought of, but there's a good chance it will end up being a combination of several of those ideas.

Skinning summarized: 80% trying out/thinking/evaluating/concepts, 20% actual coding/graphics (well, it's how it works with me anyway, slightly exaggerated Smile )

Quote:Btw im not able to svn checkout a read only copy on your skin, im no svn expert Wink but i just get i few folders and no actual skin content...
The SVN isn't set up yet. I'm no expert in it either so after 0.9 is out I will be looking into setting that up.

The-Boxhead Wrote:Also a small question about your context menus. They look realy nice and clean, however i think they become a little to white overall. It's a little hard to read/see the information. Are you dead set on the bright white or would you consider slightly darker, or maybe a blueish tint. I like the fact that the dialogs stand out from the rest of the skin but maybe as it is know, a little to much ?
If it's bright white for you adjust your brightness levels Wink It's really more of a light gray. But overall I'm pretty happy with it so I don't think they will be changed anytime soon. No too mention I would have to redo all the textures.

The-Boxhead Wrote:I do am sorry if my post came across harsh, and i agree that i might express my opinion in a smarter way. Offcourse it's just my own personal opinion.

However when skinners post beta version in these forums they will get opinions from users, thats the way it is.
I don't mind opinions being given, although I do think they should be presented as such and not as a fact but I also understand things aren't always meant the way they can come across.
And for sure some opinions in this very thread have led to improvements I didn't think of before so it's all good. In the end though, this is not a democracy and I have a strong vision of what type of skin reFocus should be. So continuing or reintroducing requests I have previously rejected will not accomplish anything (this isn't directed at you btw)

loggio Wrote:Although I don't agree with how The-boxhead said what he said, I do support his argument, I THINK the home screen needs an overhaul, and the picture that he used in his post is exactly what I'd be looking for. The option is always there to add a toggle between the two if you're not a fan. He's not alone on this one.

Although the alternate homescreen is sure to arrive at some point, I personally am quite content with the current one. Because of that missing XBMC functionality will get priority (PVR). Besides that, options aren't always the solution. Over time all these options will make a skin hard to maintain and confusing to users. So I really want to make sensible choices in that area. If one wants a skin that can be tweaked into every last detail with tons of options, reFocus simply will not be that type of skin. So then there's two choices: mod it to suit personal preferences or use a different skin, it's really that simple.

- spencers - 2011-01-20

Rygrath Wrote:Hit Enter/Ok instead of Info. Works fine here.

I'll give that a shot this evening. Thanks for the info!

- Jeroen - 2011-01-20

Rygrath Wrote:Hit Enter/Ok instead of Info. Works fine here.

That opens the picture album though, it doesn't hide the description for me.

In any case, it is not something I can control through the skin, the add-on would have to provide that function. It would be a good feature to have though imo, I'll post a request for it in the add-ons' thread.

- YaPaY - 2011-01-20

I didn't read the all of posts but I think Jeroen doesn't like watched mark system. However I would like to see all my movies and tv shows with watched marks.

Is this possible edit some files and activate this feature?

Second question, after finish any movie the movie restart itself again. How to disable this?

Thanks.

- loggio - 2011-01-21

I sent you the edited XML files to support watched indicators yapay just replace with the existing files.

I used this skin for a while with the watched indicators as this was the only feature I couldn't stand not to have. Then come to realize as the skin gets updated I'll have to go and edit these files over and over again and I really don't want to be doing this.

After using this skin as my default for some time I grew tired of the homescreen it was just way to plain for me, and not having "movies" or "tv shows" in the menu as main items really annoyed me. So I was driven back to confluence.

IF, and that's a big IF (because I don't see it happening) but if watched indicators were to be implemented and home menu changed to that of the screenshot posted on a few earlier posts then I would be completely sold on this skin.

Custom shortcut menu entries and personal menu backgrounds would be great also.

Neways, hope these edited XML's work for you.
http://www.mediafire.com/?sh9rjrv18du03gs

Cheers, loggio.

- Galefury - 2011-01-21

Unwatched indicator makes more sense than watched. When I open tv shows, I can see in an instance all the shows with new episodes, BECAUSE THEY ARE MARKED. Please, Jeroen, don't change this. It will only make this skin more like the rest.

- YaPaY - 2011-01-21

@loggie,

thanks for the help. I'm completely agree.

I hope Jeroen change his mind. personally watched indicators a must for me. If I see trouble after updates I would change my skin,too.

Sorry for my poor English and thanks again.