Kodi Community Forum
v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: reFocus (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=72)
+----- Thread: v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated) (/showthread.php?tid=75867)

- oo_void - 2011-02-09

Jeroen Wrote:Now that you mention it, I remember reading a thread the other day about the overlays not showing up on the ATV2.

I think the ATV builds are just not all that great yet. I have no idea what exactly is causing it, but as this issue does not seem to appear on other platforms I don't think the problem lies with the skin.
In any case, I have no ATV2 so there's no way for me to troubleshoot it.

Yes, there seems to a be a couple of mask types that the ATV2 doesn't yet support. It's gotten better with the most recent release, i.e. Alaska now works, but reFocus is still not rendering correctly. Bottom line, it's an XBMC problem, not a skin problem.

- TheStretchedElf - 2011-02-09

Hey Jeroen, nice skin. Thanks for taking the time to design and build it. It's one of a few that I've been using to find my way around xml and learn to skin, by making changes here and there to suit my own preferences. Your xml is pretty well annotated and easy to follow, so big thumbs up for that.

First off I wanted to see more of the fanart in the library views so I increased it's visibility:

And I'm not a huge fan of submenus, but the rest of the skin looks so great I decided to include the option to display some custom home menu items that link to playlists via the library, like I've been used to with other skins. This was a massive learning curve but I was able to follow you xml and learn how to insert my menu and get all the right buttons appear and set the right settings. This was a pretty big deal for me Smile
My home menu is now a wraplist to deal with all the possible extra items.

I also included options to hide the standard menu items:

And added a texture to the home screen which I felt tied it in better with the other screens:

I've been trying to configure a horizontal menu without much success, and eventually I'd like to configure backgrounds specific to home menu items, but I'm at the bottom of the learning curve so far. One thing that really confuses me at the moment is when the xml seems to point to resources that don't exist, like "home/menuBackground.png" - could you maybe help me understand that? -eta: I've learned that these are packed in textures.xpr

I look forward to future updates, especially the horizontal menu I've seen pics of somewhere in the thread.

- harry3001 - 2011-02-09

Elf, any chance you could post yor xml's? custom menu especially!
thanks.

- rd1979 - 2011-02-09

harry3001 Wrote:Elf, any chance you could post yor xml's? custom menu especially!
thanks.

Yes, especially about the increased visibility for the fanart! If I knew how to do it, I would have done so to my xmls a long time ago. Jeroen, please add this good sir!

Here you go Harry.

http://www.mediafire.com/?vmlranhbpyo2uli

Drop the xml's into the 720p folder and the images into backgrounds folder.

Bear in mind that if/when you update refocus these changes will be overwritten. (I have a copy of refocus (refocus elf) sat alongside the original so that I can keep up with updates and also meddle with my own copy, but to do this you must also change the addon.xml so that it has it's own entry in the appearance>skins menu.)

rd1979 Wrote:Yes, especially about the increased visibility for the fanart! If I knew how to do it, I would have done so to my xmls a long time ago. Jeroen, please add this good sir!
Actually, this step didn't involve xml; I simply took the background image(s) and increased transparency in photoshop! Cool

- TheStretchedElf - 2011-02-11

Jeroen, I'm scratching my head trying to figure out how to give each menu item on the home screen it's own background. Can you give me some pointers to the relevant xml?

edit: I can get a background to appear, what I can't do is figure out how to switch it on and off with <visible> based on a menu item having focus. Neither Control.HasFocus() or ControlGroup().HasFocus() make the background visible when the right menu item has focus.

- TheStretchedElf - 2011-02-11

Well I'm totally stumped by this. None of the main menu items respond to <onfocus> or <selected> like they should. Can you give me any clues Jeroen?

- tonybeccar - 2011-02-12

Jeroen Wrote:And for me to remember what's left to do Big Grin

Yeah it's too bad about losing the code, but like Kolabor said, it will probably go faster second time around (and probably with less errors too Smile)

Anyway, after completing library totals on the homescreen I decided to turn the lower part of the screen into sort of a statusbar.

So it shows the library totals:

And when hovered on live tv it shows the next scheduled recording:

Maybe I'll be expanding that with more like system info or something. I'm not sure if I think that's actually all that useful though.

Or maybe show library totals for video when hovered on video, and library totals for music when hovered on info. Or maybe try to display the rss feed when none of the above is hovered. Don't want to make it to complex though, so maybe I'll leave it like it is now.

What backdrop pack are you using?

Also, why do you have a live tv menu? Is it because of the pseudotv addon or because you have linux?

Last but not least.. awesome work!

- Jeroen - 2011-02-12

TheStretchedElf Wrote:Jeroen, I'm scratching my head trying to figure out how to give each menu item on the home screen it's own background. Can you give me some pointers to the relevant xml?

edit: I can get a background to appear, what I can't do is figure out how to switch it on and off with <visible> based on a menu item having focus. Neither Control.HasFocus() or ControlGroup().HasFocus() make the background visible when the right menu item has focus.

TheStretchedElf Wrote:Well I'm totally stumped by this. None of the main menu items respond to <onfocus> or <selected> like they should. Can you give me any clues Jeroen?

<visible>[Container(9000).HasFocus(n)]</visible>

should definitely work for the main menu where n=the id of the specific menu entry. For the submenu you'll have to use the container ID of the relevant submenu, these are defined in HomeSubMenu.xml

<onfocus> and <selected> play no role in this, those apply to button controls.

tonybeccar Wrote:What backdrop pack are you using?
I'm not using a backdrop back, those are just scraped fanart images.

Quote:Also, why do you have a live tv menu? Is it because of the pseudotv addon or because you have linux?
It's because I'm working on PVR support, which will be in the next update. I'm using Windows though.

Quote:Last but not least.. awesome work!
Thanks Smile

- TheStretchedElf - 2011-02-12

Jeroen Wrote:<visible>[Container(9000).HasFocus(n)]</visible>

should definitely work for the main menu where n=the id of the specific menu entry. For the submenu you'll have to use the container ID of the relevant submenu, these are defined in HomeSubMenu.xml

<onfocus> and <selected> play no role in this, those apply to button controls.
Many thanks Jeroen, that works. Nod

- handsomepete - 2011-02-12

Hey Jeroen,

Any chance you will be supporting weather.com plus?
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=52034
It has been redone for Dharma
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=52034&page=16
It seems ronnie has support for Transparency!
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=93942

Cheers!

- Jeroen - 2011-02-12

That's a lot of information just to see what the weather is like Shocked

I hardly ever use the built-in weather info to be honest, so for me personally this add-on would be an overkill of information.
Not to say it's not good or anything, Nuka does amazing stuff, but I guess it's just not something for me.

To be honest, I wonder how many actually _use_ it on a regular basis instead of it being a more of a showoff thing. Again, no disrespect to the creator.

That's not to say the skinning process itself couldn't be fun so I'm not saying it will never happen. It's just that there's so many things I want to do more, and time is limited so I wouldn't hold my breath.

Flag error? - testmetest - 2011-02-12

I think there is a bug here:

You can see with movies, the studio flags are white... while all the other flags (video codec, audio codec, aspect ratio) are grey.

With TV shows, it appears that everything is uniformly grey:

So is there a line of code that is not changing the movie studio flags to grey? Any ideas?

- Jeroen - 2011-02-12

That's mostly because I did the tv show logos, video flags, etc. myself, and they are shaded, have inner glows, shadows and stuff so the look is not determined by code while the movie studio logo's are flat and from the pack most skins are using. Making my own network flags is managable, but giving movie studio logos the same look is not as there's just too many and the current ones are often not hq enough to work with. And because scrapers return studio names combined with countless variations they hardly ever match the flag's naming scheme anyway.