Kodi Community Forum
v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: reFocus (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=72)
+----- Thread: v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated) (/showthread.php?tid=75867)

- TheStretchedElf - 2011-02-15

Hey Jeroen, I think you may be missing a texture in the VideoOSDBookmarks.xml focusedlayout. At the moment it isn't clear which bookmark is selected.

- testmetest - 2011-02-15

Jeroen Wrote:That's mostly because I did the tv show logos, video flags, etc. myself, and they are shaded, have inner glows, shadows and stuff so the look is not determined by code while the movie studio logo's are flat and from the pack most skins are using.
Wow, amazing work on the logos. I didn't realize they were all custom done by you, fantastic job! Do each individual logo need custom work or can you run a batch file to make them?

- Jeroen - 2011-02-15

TheStretchedElf Wrote:Hey Jeroen, I think you may be missing a texture in the VideoOSDBookmarks.xml focusedlayout. At the moment it isn't clear which bookmark is selected.
Yeah, I just came across this a couple of days ago. It's fixed for the next release.

testmetest Wrote:Wow, amazing work on the logos. I didn't realize they were all custom done by you, fantastic job! Do each individual logo need custom work or can you run a batch file to make them?
Well, I did get the base for most of the network logos from brandsoftheworld.com, so I can't take credit for that. But they were all given the same "post-processing" so to speak.
I don't use a batch file, although I could use Photoshop's actions feature for it, but most of the logos can be done pretty quickly. Some of the base images were low quality so then it's a case of recreating it in higher res. Those take more time obviously.

- deadwolfbones - 2011-02-16

Hey Jeroen, do you have PayPal donations set up anywhere? I and a lot of other people, I'm sure, would like to show you a little appreciation for the work you do. Cool

- Jeroen - 2011-02-16

No I don't have a donation set up. I really appreciate the thought, but I'm doing this purely because I want to and because I enjoy doing it. Seeing that other people enjoy my work is reward enough for me.

If you want to show your appreciation I would suggest sending a donation to Team XBMC. After all, without all their work reFocus would not even be possible. They too are doing this purely because they want to, but they also have to deal with expenses by developing XBMC, and I don't have to.

But again, the thought is appreciated Smile

- Herak - 2011-02-17

Jeroen Wrote:No I don't have a donation set up. I really appreciate the thought, but I'm doing this purely because I want to and because I enjoy doing it. Seeing that other people enjoy my work is reward enough for me.

If you want to show your appreciation I would suggest sending a donation to Team XBMC. After all, without all their work reFocus would not even be possible. They too are doing this purely because they want to, but they also have to deal with expenses by developing XBMC, and I don't have to.

But again, the thought is appreciated Smile

If you don't have donation set up are there other things that can be done to help you out with the work on the skin?

- Jeroen - 2011-02-17

Herak Wrote:If you don't have donation set up are there other things that can be done to help you out with the work on the skin?

Sure, by using it and reporting any problems you encounter Wink As for actual work on the skin itself I'm doing fine really.
I would like to see more translations for reFocus though. So if anyone is up for that, that would be nice. I'll be updating the strings.xml on the google code page soon so translations can be updated for 0.9 (which will be coming the weekend after next weekend if all goes according to plan)

- Galefury - 2011-02-17

I don't know if this has been reported, but in the last two versions, menu indicators don't work.

- Jeroen - 2011-02-17

correct, they weren't even supposed to there in the first place until I decide how I want them to be. they were an experiment I forgot to take out, but they will make a return later.

- Kolabor - 2011-02-20

About one change (made by me) which will go to v0.9 and all future versions:
Quote:FIX: font modifications to support special characters for various languages (thanks Kolabor) - done
Those languages are:
- Polish (I have fixed that already in the past)
- German
- French
- Spanish
- Portuguese
- Lithuanian
- Latvian
- Danish
- Norwegian
- Icelandic
- Swedish
- Romanian
- Czech
- Slovak
- Finnish
- Hungarian

I have fixed all special charaters (to be precise - diacritical signs) for those languages. The problem was introduced when fonts were modificated to be only lower or uppercase. When font was converted to lowercase, then diacritics where placed badly into uppercase characters (which were their lowercase copy). Normal letters were placed right, but diacritics too low or too high.

So now, movie titles, movie descriptions, song titles and everything else in reFocus skin and languages mentioned before should look like it should Nod

If anyone knows other language that I should check/fix, please let me know here or via PM. I need name of language and possibly one pangram (sentence with all diacritics used from that language).

- rd1979 - 2011-02-20

Please sir, add Japanese. Nod

- Kolabor - 2011-02-20

Japanese needs different fontset. Nothing can be fixed with current ones.

- rd1979 - 2011-02-21

Kolabor Wrote:Japanese needs different fontset. Nothing can be fixed with current ones.

I figured it wouldn't be so simple. I had to get an alternate arial.ttf for Confluence to be able to display Japanese characters.

- nasuh - 2011-02-22

Can you add Turkish please

- Kolabor - 2011-02-22

Looks like there should be no problem in adding Turkish language. I will add it today and send fixes to Jeroen.