Kodi Community Forum
v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: reFocus (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=72)
+----- Thread: v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated) (/showthread.php?tid=75867)

- Galefury - 2011-03-05

Kolabor Wrote:Geez. My post has nothing to 0.9 release mate Smile

My post has no connection with yours, mate. Smile It was just an observation, because as I recall, two weeks ago Jeroen said that the 0.9 will be released in this weekend.

- Kolabor - 2011-03-05

OK. Sorry then Wink Well, Jeroen is always late with releases, but when his job is done ... It's amazing Smile

- moontan77 - 2011-03-05

@Jeroen

any more screenshots of the pvr screens? Wink

- nasuh - 2011-03-06

any possibility for rc version of 0.9 till new release come?

- IamLegend - 2011-03-08

Jeroen Wrote:I am still in doubt over that one. I just wasn't ever really happy with how it turned out, I think it doesn't really fit.
I plan to try out another idea I have for that view, but I don't think I'm going to leave it as it is now.
In any case, it's in ViewsMusic.xml, look for the include called "view_PanelArtist"

So all i have to do is copy the panel view code from the current ViewsMusic.xml and paste into the ViewsMusic.xml from your new release? Are there any other xml's I would need to alter?

- IamLegend - 2011-03-08

BigDaddyRal Wrote:I like the text formatting, but prefer to see the poster. Heres a quick and dirty alternative I mocked up:

This way you get the most used items, and if you hit left for the maintenance items you can see refresh, choose poster, choose fanart.

Or if you want to put poster, fanart, and refresh on the info page, maybe remove play movie and use a poster overlay like Alaska does. However instead of a Play icon in the center, you could do a corner overlay or top or bottom overlay. Food for thought.

Also, any chance you might provide this alternative Half Wall view?

I have a large collection and want to use this view, but love seeing the fanart.

Ive been using a mod I did a few months back that looks similar to your mockup. Only it scrolls through extrathumbs instead of showing fanart.

Also tweaked the tv show library a little...

I can post the code when I have time if your interested. Or maybe Jeroen will like what he sees and consider adding it or something similar to the official release. (fingers crossed Nod )

- BigDaddyRal - 2011-03-08

IamLegend Wrote:Ive been using a mod I did a few months back that looks similar to your mockup. Only it scrolls through extrathumbs instead of showing fanart.

Also tweaked the tv show library a little...

I can post the code when I have time if your interested. Or maybe Jeroen will like what he sees and consider adding it or something similar to the official release. (fingers crossed Nod )

Yes, please. That would be awesome.

- IamLegend - 2011-03-09

Jeroen Wrote:new login screen. still working out last touches.

Those are some pretty hot roommates you got there Jeroen Laugh. Dunno how you find the time to get any coding done. Laugh

- CloudDweller - 2011-03-09

I was wondering if the new information dialogue would still stretch the image when using add-ons like YouTube or iPlayer? As you can see below, when looking at TV Shows in my library, the image is the correct aspect ratio but when I use iPlayer it stretches the image to fit.

- Jeroen - 2011-03-11

IamLegend Wrote:So all i have to do is copy the panel view code from the current ViewsMusic.xml and paste into the ViewsMusic.xml from your new release? Are there any other xml's I would need to alter?
Well, the view has to be called from mymusicnav.xml by using the <include> as well. There's also the chance of conflicting ID's, so it will need some sorting out.

IamLegend Wrote:Those are some pretty hot roommates you got there Jeroen Laugh. Dunno how you find the time to get any coding done. Laugh
Why else do you think 0.9 hasn't been released yet? Tongue

CloudDweller Wrote:I was wondering if the new information dialogue would still stretch the image when using add-ons like YouTube or iPlayer? As you can see below, when looking at TV Shows in my library, the image is the correct aspect ratio but when I use iPlayer it stretches the image to fit.
The dimensions and aspect ratio are determined based on the content type. If the content type is reported as movies by the add-on as a result it will use the dimensions set for movies. More evidence of why trying to classify add-on content based on existing content types in XBMC is a flawed concept. Fortunately it seems things are going to get better in the future in that area. There are ways to remedy this issue somewhat but it will have other imo undesirable effects that I really don't want.

- Jeroen - 2011-03-11

I have uploaded the english strings.xml that can be used for translations of the upcoming 0.9 release.

Anybody wanting to do translations, please ignore any commented lines (lines starting with <!-- ), these are redundant strings that will be removed in the final release.

Currently available translations will be removed from 0.9 if not updated as there have been quite a lot of changes for 0.9, and most of the translations have not seen updates for several releases. Leaving them in there in their current state would only cause problems.

I can't guarantee there won't be anymore changes, but I think at the moment the base is pretty stable. Once the repo is set up it will be easier for translators to keep track of changes.

- tonybeccar - 2011-03-11

Jeroen Wrote:I have uploaded the english strings.xml that can be used for translations of the upcoming 0.9 release.

Anybody wanting to do translations, please ignore any commented lines (lines starting with <!-- ), these are redundant strings that will be removed in the final release.

Currently available translations will be removed from 0.9 if not updated as there have been quite a lot of changes for 0.9, and most of the translations have not seen updates for several releases. Leaving them in there in their current state would only cause problems.

I can't guarantee there won't be anymore changes, but I think at the moment the base is pretty stable. Once the repo is set up it will be easier for translators to keep track of changes.

I can take care of the Spanish translation later today. I'll post it here later ok?

Hey and.. do you have any idea when the 0.9 wil be released? Big Grin

- MaDDoGo - 2011-03-11

Wow, tonybeccar do you translate the spanish strings? If you want you can't send me the strings once you've trandslated them and I'll look into them for having the best strings we can Smile.

@Jeroen This means the 0.9 release is really near here, doesn't it?

- tonybeccar - 2011-03-11

MaDDoGo Wrote:Wow, tonybeccar do you translate the spanish strings? If you want you can't send me the strings once you've trandslated them and I'll look into them for having the best strings we can Smile.

@Jeroen This means the 0.9 release is really near here, doesn't it?

Ok let's do it. I'll PM you later in the day!

- otcho - 2011-03-11

I took the liberty to translate the german strings. Some of them couldn't be translated due to my lack of their use (but they're marked). I hope that former translators for the german strings take a look at it and fix the missing or uncompleted strings. After all, its open source Big Grin.

http://www.mediafire.com/?67776277l3tcfhi