Kodi Community Forum
v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: reFocus (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=72)
+----- Thread: v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated) (/showthread.php?tid=75867)

- voochi - 2011-04-24

Nice skin, but the lack of capital letters looks ridiculous.
(Okay, so I found the 'alternate' font option, looks great now. Why on earth is this not the default?)

- mortstar - 2011-04-25

I don't know if you spotted this thread which seems to be slightly more uptodate with studio flags.

- rd1979 - 2011-04-26

So Jeroen, when you release 0.9.1, will the current 10.1 stable release be required, or will a particular nightly? I have 0.9, and I'd gladly install a nightly just to try that version out. What exactly was wrong with it that required it being taken down?

- reinisr - 2011-04-27

Hello,
thanks again for best XBMC skin around.

From version 0.9 there is no subtitle option while remotely streaming from FTP; it appears normally when watching video from HDD/samba.
I thought it has smth to do with XBMC subtitles add-on, but tested on default Confluence skin and everything works as supposed to. Could you please help with this issue?

Thanks!

- Galefury - 2011-04-28

I don't see it in fixes for 0.9.1 so here it is: in file mode, the file name is too long and overlaps with HD icon. Width should be 970, but is 1140. (this is for 0.9, of course) And when you pause and then pres I for info, they overlap. In 0.8, play/skip OSD disappears.

- Jeroen - 2011-05-02

Hello everybody,

I'm really, really sorry for the lack of news or updates lately. I have been working on and off on an update, and it will surely come.
There are however some unexpected things IRL that need attention right now which have prevented me to fully focus on a new release. I hope to sort things out soon and provide you with a solid new release.

Greetings,
Jeroen

- Baswazz - 2011-05-02

That's great new Jeroen. Can't wait. Wink

Missing subtitle button - reinisr - 2011-05-02

Anyone else having this issue? Really, really annoying.

reinisr Wrote:Hello,

From version 0.9 there is no subtitle option while remotely streaming from FTP; it appears normally when watching video from HDD/samba.
I thought it has smth to do with XBMC subtitles add-on, but tested on default Confluence skin and everything works as supposed to. Could you please help with this issue?

Thanks!

- Sranshaft - 2011-05-02

Jeroen Wrote:Hello everybody,

I'm really, really sorry for the lack of news or updates lately. I have been working on and off on an update, and it will surely come.
There are however some unexpected things IRL that need attention right now which have prevented me to fully focus on a new release. I hope to sort things out soon and provide you with a solid new release.

Greetings,
Jeroen

While you know we're all waiting patiently for a new release, RL always comes first. Hope all things go well and we'll see some more from you when you can. Nod

- rd1979 - 2011-05-02

Sranshaft Wrote:While you know we're all waiting patiently for a new release, RL always comes first. Hope all things go well and we'll see some more from you when you can. Nod

Indeed, real life comes first.

You've already provided us with, IMO, the best XBMC skin around. Even if, Heaven Forbid, you had to quit development, you've done far more than many of us could have.

- Jeroen - 2011-05-03

Thanks guys, but development will definitely continue Smile

- Sranshaft - 2011-05-05

I should hope so! Tongue

- robweber - 2011-05-06

reinisr Wrote:Anyone else having this issue? Really, really annoying.

Just a thought, but I don't think FTP streaming is very popular so it may be hard to find others with this problem. On the xbmc wiki it says FTP streaming for video and music is not recommended. The protocol was not designed for it.

- reinisr - 2011-05-07

Maybe, but on the networks speeds 100 Mb/s it works flawlessly, even with HD videos up tu 1080p. I'm just missing my subtitle button Sad and I don't wanna go and use any other skin anymore.

- Jeroen - 2011-05-08

Catching up on some older questions Smile

rd1979 Wrote:So Jeroen, when you release 0.9.1, will the current 10.1 stable release be required, or will a particular nightly? I have 0.9, and I'd gladly install a nightly just to try that version out. What exactly was wrong with it that required it being taken down?

There were several issues, none of them being all that terrible. But compatibility issues between 10.1 and nightlies made me choose to focus on nightly builds. When it's released a nightly build will be required. That doesn't mean it won't work on 10.1, and people are of course free to do so, but I won't handle any reports of bugs appearing on 10.1 installs.

reinisr Wrote:Hello,

Thanks!
I have no idea what could be causing this, but I'll see what I can find out.

Galefury Wrote:I don't see it in fixes for 0.9.1 so here it is: in file mode, the file name is too long and overlaps with HD icon. Width should be 970, but is 1140. (this is for 0.9, of course) And when you pause and then pres I for info, they overlap. In 0.8, play/skip OSD disappears.
Thanks, I believe I caught that one earlier, but I'll double check Smile