Kodi Community Forum
v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: reFocus (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=72)
+----- Thread: v12 reFocus 0.9.5 for Frodo (deprecated) (/showthread.php?tid=75867)

- Doraemonn - 2011-06-19

Jeroen Wrote:Could you try downloading this zip
Inside is an addon.xml, place this in the root of the skin.refocus folder, and a viewsvideo.xml, place this one in the 720p folder and backup the old viewsvideo.xml. Relaunch XBMC
Could you then try if this makes any difference whatsoever in list view? Other views won't see any effect.
Don't worry if things don't look right, this is purely a test.

People with no performance issues: using these files will only screw things up for you.

Thanks for looking into this. Unfortunately the changes have made no noticeable difference. when scrolling to a new entry in List view, fanart takes between 5-10 seconds to appear on the right, if it appears at all.

- Jeroen - 2011-06-19

Doraemonn Wrote:Thanks for looking into this. Unfortunately the changes have made no noticeable difference. when scrolling to a new entry in List view, fanart takes between 5-10 seconds to appear on the right, if it appears at all.

Cheers, I've been taking things further by restructuring the way views are loaded and am trying to reduce on the number of stringcompares being used as they seem to have a bad effect on performance. I have a hard time believing it will explain such long loadtimes though Confused

When scrolling through listview, can you check if "smooth scrolling" is enabled in skin settings?

Have you tried the Fusion skin? If not, could you give that one a try? I've been looking through other skin's methods and Fusion seems to use even more stringcompares than reFocus. So, if that skin performs bad for you too, at least I know I'm probably thinking in the right direction.

edit:// also, could you check if there's any difference in performance between scrolling through list view in the Apple Movie Trailers add-on and your local movie content?

- MaDDoGo - 2011-06-19

I found the file and edited it so we can download banner & logo whenever you want and without downloading all of them.

Edit InfoDialogMenu.xml with this:

http://pastebin.com/dH9dm9EF

Cheers!

dependencies not met - Mudislander - 2011-06-19

Hi was just passing through & saw a couple of posts about - dependencies not met.

Problem is in addon.xml - script.logo-downloader required by this skin is not in Eden repo.

<import addon="script.logo-downloader" version="2.0"/>

First impression of the skin is good Smile

- Jeroen - 2011-06-19

Ah I see, thanks for clearing that up Smile

- Herak - 2011-06-19

I just updated both xbmc and refocus to the latest versions, 0.9.1 and todays nightly. Everything is looking nice except that when ever fanart should be shown in the background with the blue overlay i just see the blue overlay and no fanart.

I'll get some screen shots later

- Jeroen - 2011-06-19

Make sure "enable global fanart" is enabled in skin settings->artwork, it's off by default IIRC.

- Bas_h78 - 2011-06-19

Hi Jeroen,

Stupid question, but with the previous version of ReFocus I was able to select fanart and when available other movie posters. I did this by going to Movie information of th movie and then use th left arrow to get to the menu for selecting a different poster or fanart.
I am searching, but I can not find the option.

Further I love the skin, before I switched skins almost weekly because I got bored, bit ReFocus has been my default skin for almost a year now. Tnx for the effort

Regards..

- Jeroen - 2011-06-19

You should still be able to do that Huh
In this release the most commonly used functions have moved to the main area of the movie information screen, while the "maintenance" functions are still in the left menu.

Cheers, enjoy Smile

- mortstar - 2011-06-19

Hey Jeroen,

Is there somewhere where I can set XBMC subtitles as the default 'Get Subtitles' addon?

- Bas_h78 - 2011-06-19

Found it.....ironic searching for 2 days, then finally post the question, then find out what the problem is.

I noticed that I had the box of kioskmode checked, unchecked it and everything works again..

Solved, stupid me.. Smile

- Jeroen - 2011-06-19

mortstar Wrote:Hey Jeroen,

Is there somewhere where I can set XBMC subtitles as the default 'Get Subtitles' addon?

It should ask you to select the add-on when you first select the "get subtitles" entry in the video osd. There was a specific section in skin settings before 0.9.1 but because of the aforementioned I considered it redundant. Let me know if that works out though.

Bas_h78 Wrote:Found it.....ironic searching for 2 days, then finally post the question, then find out what the problem is.

I noticed that I had the box of kioskmode checked, unchecked it and everything works again..

Solved, stupid me.. Smile

Smile

- mortstar - 2011-06-19

Jeroen Wrote:It should ask you to select the add-on when you first select the "get subtitles" entry in the video osd. There was a specific section in skin settings before 0.9.1 but because of the aforementioned I considered it redundant. Let me know if that works out though.

Works just as you described. Smile

- Herak - 2011-06-20

Jeroen Wrote:Make sure "enable global fanart" is enabled in skin settings->artwork, it's off by default IIRC.

Done, and no difference.

I'll investigate further tomorrow, maybe see if a new nightly fixes the problem. Also the skin does feel slightly slower than the previous version, but not enough to make any real difference to me.

- zecoj - 2011-06-20

Herak Wrote:Done, and no difference.

I'll investigate further tomorrow, maybe see if a new nightly fixes the problem. Also the skin does feel slightly slower than the previous version, but not enough to make any real difference to me.

Try flushing the guisettings.xml file by removing all old "refocus" entries (backup the original first). Happened to me as well.