Kodi Community Forum
SortTV: Sort TV episodes, movies, and music into directories for xbmc (Linux/Win/Mac) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: SortTV: Sort TV episodes, movies, and music into directories for xbmc (Linux/Win/Mac) (/showthread.php?tid=75949)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49

- piotrasd - 2011-06-25

Hi
Nice will be add auto sample/samples remove.

Thanks

- piotrasd - 2011-06-25

Hi
I dont know why, but after extracted some movie ... sorttv dont remove archive files (rar,zip) files Sad then i must manualy remove

(im use latest version)
Here log
http://pastebin.com/rsnhM0SZ

And in target folder i have movie in folder
hobo.with.a.shotgun.2011.limited.720p.bluray.x264-amiable.rar (extracted by SortTV) :/

Others movie normal are extracted (zip, rar) removed, and movie files move to folder but without this ****************.rar (extracted by SortTV)

Please help me ... Thanks !

- cliffe - 2011-06-26

piotrasd Wrote:Hi
I dont know why, but after extracted some movie ... sorttv dont remove archive files (rar,zip) files Sad then i must manualy remove

(im use latest version)
Here log
http://pastebin.com/rsnhM0SZ

And in target folder i have movie in folder
hobo.with.a.shotgun.2011.limited.720p.bluray.x264-amiable.rar (extracted by SortTV) :/

Others movie normal are extracted (zip, rar) removed, and movie files move to folder but without this ****************.rar (extracted by SortTV)

Please help me ... Thanks !

Currently SortTV doesn't delete files from the source directory, but it does ignore files matching the blacklist (see the config file). So .rar files and samples are not sorted into the destination directory, they just stay there. In the case of rar files they are extracted and those contents are sorted, but the rar files stay. I guess what you are requesting is an option to delete those files from the source directory, rather than ignore them.

- piotrasd - 2011-06-27

Yes will be nice, because now is not full auto :/ because we must manual go to download folder and delate myself all rest files Sad

Add some rule like:
If extracted is without error - delate source files ...

New version available - cliffe - 2011-07-10

Version 1.29

New in this version:
  • Improved error recovery for lookup failures
  • Improved naming pattern recognition
  • Improved verbosity (disabled by default)
  • blacklist delete feature:
    --ignore=pattern
    Don't copy if the file matches one of these blacklist patterns
    Uses shell-like simple pattern matches (eg *.avi)
    This argument can be repeated to add more rules
    --delete=pattern
    Delete the source file, if the file matches one of these patterns
    Uses shell-like simple pattern matches (eg *.avi)
    This argument can be repeated to add more rules
  • Additional scripts for sorting:
    These are included in case others also find these helpful.
    move_dupe_names: Searches two directories and moves dupes (by name) to another location
    sort_to_dirs:Moves all files into directories based on their file names (excluding extensions)

Please consider a $5 donation if you find this script helpful. Click here to make a donation using paypal

Get the new version from:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/sorttv/

piotrasd Wrote:Hi

Try out the new delete option. Just edit the config file to enable deleting those files. Keep in mind that it is separate from the extraction, so if you are worried that the extraction wont succeed don't add them to the delete list.

pcvii Wrote:parser error : Start tag expected, '<' not found
▼ï
^
The new version should recover from these types of things.

- purfier - 2011-07-10

Hope to see the image download bug on Windows be fixed in the next versionWink

- Pablohoney - 2011-07-13

Does anyone know of any documentation for using the polling to update at an interval?
Quote:--polling-time:{X}
Tell the script to check for new files to sort every X seconds, minutes, hours, or days
You could set the script to start on system startup with polling, rather than using scheduling to start the script.
Valid values include "2secs", "2days", "1min", "3hrs", "30s" etc.
If not specified, polling is disabled and the script will only sort the directory once.
How does one "startup with polling?

- Dougedey - 2011-07-13

Pablohoney Wrote:Does anyone know of any documentation for using the polling to update at an interval?

How does one "startup with polling?

You'll need to add it to your crontab

- Pablohoney - 2011-07-13

Dougedey Wrote:You'll need to add it to your crontab

Thank you for your reply. I am somewhat of a noob. Would you mind being more specific or pointing me to some documentation? I am running Ubuntu 10.04. I'm sure others would appreciate it too.

- Pablohoney - 2011-07-16

Using the crontab was much easier than I expected. I still don't understand the polling value in the conf, but it's working great!
Here's a good resource on editing the crontab: http://mostlygeek.com/tech-reference/crontab-reference/

The only problem I'm having now is that it is giving me the Whitelist error for directories. ie. It doesn't sort files in subdirectories. Is this feature broken?

- cliffe - 2011-07-20

Pablohoney Wrote:Using the crontab was much easier than I expected. I still don't understand the polling value in the conf, but it's working great!
Here's a good resource on editing the crontab: http://mostlygeek.com/tech-reference/crontab-reference/

To clarify, you can either use some form of scheduling (such as crontab) to run the script every so often, say every hour, OR you just can start the script on system startup (with KDE autostart for example) and use the poll option to tell the script to keep trying a sort every so often. Either way has basically the same end result. Either some other program tells the script to sort, or the script hangs around waiting for the next time to sort.

Pablohoney Wrote:The only problem I'm having now is that it is giving me the Whitelist error for directories. ie. It doesn't sort files in subdirectories. Is this feature broken?

Hmm, I thought that had been fixed in a previous version. Please check you are using the most recent version, and I will have a look into that later when I get a chance.

- Pablohoney - 2011-07-21

cliffe Wrote:Hmm, I thought that had been fixed in a previous version. Please check you are using the most recent version, and I will have a look into that later when I get a chance.

Thanks for your reply and also this awesome script! I am using the one you just upped on 7/10/11 "pyWHATauto-1.291" Maybe I am misunderstanding what treat-directories=RECURSIVELY_SORT_CONTENTS but it seems pretty straight forward that it will move (and leave a symlink behind, in my case) the files in the directory. Instead it takes a look at the directory and, i'm assuming, since it doesn't ending in *.mkv *.avi *.mp4 or *.ogm (the containers I specified in my whitelist) it skips them and spits out the NOT IN WHITELIST error.

For example if my:
directory-to-sort=/download/

and rtorrent downloads and moves to:
/download/Breaking.Bad.e04s01.720p.HDTV.DD5.1.x264/Breaking.Bad.e04s01.720p.HDTV.DD5.1.x264

it will scan /download/Breaking.Bad.e04s01.720p.HDTV.DD5.1.x264
and spit out the NOT IN WHITELIST error, never even scanning the file
/download/Breaking.Bad.e04s01.720p.HDTV.DD5.1.x264/Breaking.Bad.e04s01.720p.HDTV.DD5.1.x264

at least that is my case...

- spazlon - 2011-07-22

Hello,

I was just wondering if there was any followup on adding movie support?

I emailed Paul Jobson (perl-themoviedb-api author) asking how we could add Strawberry support and am still waiting for a reply.

Does anybody else know how we can get this added to Strawberry so cliffe can hopefully add movie functionality?

Thanks!

- spazlon - 2011-07-22

So Paul got back to me rather quickly. Turns out he had no idea it wasn't working.

Apparently his module is listed in Strawberry's CPAN, but will not install.

This was his output when trying to install it:

Code:
cpan> install WWW::TheMovieDB::Search
Database was generated on Fri, 22 Jul 2011 15:39:24 GMT
Warning: Cannot install WWW::TheMovieDB::Search, don't know what it is.
Try the command

i /WWW::TheMovieDB::Search/

to find objects with matching identifiers.

He checked http://cpan.strawberryperl.com/modules/02packages.details.txt.gz and found his module listed at line 87981:

Code:
WWW::TheMovieDB::Search            0.01  P/PJ/PJOBSON/WWW-TheMovieDB-Search.docupdate.tar.gz

After that he went into Strawberry's chat room and received no help. Paul then emailed Adam Kennedy who maintains Strawberry Perl.

We are currently waiting for a reply from Adam.

Does anybody know why the module won't install even though it is listed in the package?

Thanks.

- red_five - 2011-07-23

I've made a small addition to sorttv.pl that might be of interest to other Linux users; I'm not sure if it'll work properly under Windows, but it's mere existence shouldn't cause any issues.

I store my sorted TV files on the same partition as my torrent download folder, so it's convenient for me to use hard links rather than symbolic links. I added the following conditional branch to 2 places in sorttv.pl:

Code:
elsif($sortby eq "PLACE-HARDLINK") {
        link($file,$newpath) or out("warn", "File $file cannot be hardlinked to $newpath. : $!");

In version 1.29, add it to lines 1461 and 1462 of function sub sort_file, and again to lines 1486 and 1487 of function sub move_a_season. Insert the above code immediately after the closing brace "}" on lines 1461 and 1486.

Once added and saved, you will be able to use PLACE-HARDLINK as one of the sort-by options. Like I said, I don't know if this will work properly in Windows, because I'm not sure if Windows supports true hard links like *nix does. However, it's mere presence in the script shouldn't cause any problems for Windows. Also, only use this option if your sorted directory is on the same partition as your source directory; hard links only work on the same partition.