Kodi Community Forum
CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents (/showthread.php?tid=75960)

- RuudBurger - 2011-03-05

Check the logs Wink

- Rusty_nl - 2011-03-05

HenryFord Wrote:Try with "netstat" (as mentioned) to find out what service actually is using the desired port. Maybe CP has also a problem bounding you to "0.0.0.0" (which it shouldn't have, but I assume that could come from python as well)? Try to input your LAN-IP for the desired adress of CP.

It is always handy to know what connections and ports are open.

If you try to use a port which is actually currently in use on windows, that will break things. This makes the mentioned "first time it works" very strange to me - the only thing I could think of leading to this is either
a) CP starts with your machine and by launching it again you will get the error-message (but this would make CP at least accessible - did you actually try to view CP before you tried to launch it? Maybe it is already running)
b) a Windows-Service that checks on something and after a short while dies away and frees the port again. With "Try&Error" on your side, that could mean that everytime you tried to start it, the port was blocked. But after extracting enough time had passed so the port is free again. But that really shouldn't happen.

Please just check via netstat - you will find out, what is going wrong.

@dazpayne: The Screener-Quality-Preset is actually for exactly that purpose.

I ran netstat and there is nothing running on port 5000. I also tried numerous other ports, all with the same result.
Sometimes I get coachpotato to run after a complete new "install", so get a fresh one from the zip file. But then it runs for a while, I can add movies etc.. It even finds some. Then after 1 or several restarts, it breaks down again.
I am clueless what is going on.

- A[L]C - 2011-03-05

Hi there,

Is it possible to add extra users with lesser security? For instance I would like to allow someone to add movies but not delete or change settings. Is this possible?

Thanks a lot

It would be possible, but not planned. Create a ticket on Lighthouse for this.

- draconis2941 - 2011-03-05

thesuffering Wrote:I have CP setup to download:
BR-RIP
DVD-Rip
Screener
R5
TC
in that order. When i told CP to search for Ramona and Beezus, it say it hasnt found anything, yet when i go to NZBMatrix i see:

Ramona And Beezus 2010 DVDRip XviD Larceny

why isnt it finding that? I have given it my nzbmatrix api.

Update:

it did finally find the above referenced nzb i found at nzbmatrix, but hours later. any reason it takes this long to find?

Perhaps I'm mis-understanding what this utility should do. I can make it work like a wish list, downloading things when they become available, but I thought it would grab better copies too when they show up. In the example above I would expect it to grab the DVD rip that's available now and then a BR rip when one becomes available. Do I just have something wrong in my settings that it's not doing this, or am I just way off base.

@draconis2941
Create a Quality profile, something like this:

It wil stop (finish) searching when found 720p/1080p, but will keep looking if it only found br-rip/dvd-rip.

- bmcclure937 - 2011-03-05

Is the update checking working properly right now. I do not think my server is communicating properly with GIT because updates for CP and SB failed... Sad

Remove the .git directory inside CouchPotato directory.
Then in config>>general, make sure the "Use updater" box is checked.

- draconis2941 - 2011-03-05

D'oh! I get it now. It seems odd that there wasn't something like that set up by default, but I think I have it now. Thanks!

RuudBurger Wrote:Remove the .git directory inside CouchPotato directory.
Then in config>>general, make sure the "Use updater" box is checked.

Thanks... must have been something going on with GitHub because it failed about 15 minutes ago. I checked to see what was going on by browsing to GitHub and trying to grab the master. This timed out on my browser.

Things seem to be working now. Just successfully updated to the latest version.

Question: what is the proper command/API call to shut down Couch Potato? I want to add this to my shutdown script to ensure Couch Potato is shutdown properly (on my FreeNAS).

I currently have:

Code:
fetch "http://SERVER_IP:5000/config/exit/" <<_EOF
username
password
_EOF > /dev/null

/config/exit/ is correct.

RuudBurger Wrote:/config/exit/ is correct.

Wink Yes, I understand that... but how do I properly pass my user/pass? Huh

This is where I am getting hung up. The method I am using works... but returns an error and halts my shutdown script Sad

Ah sorry, its "basic auth". So do a search for that, how to include usernamer/password in the url.

Thank you! I guess I need to learn how to do "basic auth" within a shell script. Wink

- dannycorker - 2011-03-06

Is there any way to make CP move a file to a certain directory when it's done downloading but not do any renaming etc? So keep the filename as it was downloaded but move it somewhere other than the SAB default for movies?