Kodi Community Forum
CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents (/showthread.php?tid=75960)

- steve1977 - 2011-05-15

I really love CP, thanks for the fantastic work. I have 2 suggestions:

1) Not sure how the "wait for better quality works" (I have set it as 3 days). When I am adding a movie, which is already out as 720p bluray (for less than 24 hours), it still adds it to sanzbd. Not sure why it does this and doesn't wait for 3 days. One potential explanation: CP does not wait 3 days if one of the qualities defined as "finish" is found? If this is the case, would be nice to see this changed.

2) Any chance to get a box asking whether I really want to re-add a movie, which is either already "snatched" or even "downloaded"? I am refering to adding through the search box.

Thanks in advance!!!

- vikjon0 - 2011-05-16

Hello,
I am giving the whole usenet, cp and sickbeard thingie a test ride. I am new to it and perhaps a bit slow so forgive me.

Some information for people not used to manually download from usenet would be useful, it is a struggle to put it all together.

I think most people figure out that they need a usenet account.
(astraweb seem to be the best entry level but if you want to testtride, giganews trial period is the way to go. Use paypal to avoid handing out card number in case you dont want to continue)

Where I struggled was the search providers, some more info in the config screen would help.
If you use a provider where you do not have an account => you get an empy file in the watch dir. If you use an account where you have no "credits" you get an empty file.

This were I found sickbeard a bit easier to get a quick test going. When I figured out the above issues I just unchecked everything except the free services (womble & sick beard index).

Any chance you will add some free providers, if nothing else for people like me do a test run?

If not this is what I finally figured out:
NZBMatrix : You need a VIP account - small 10years fee
Newzbin: You need to get credits...cant be bothered to read more than that so good bye.
NZBs.org: Don't take any new users
http://www.nzb.su: Ok! Up and runnning downloading! (only big bunny of course). You need to donate a small amount to upgrade but at least we can do some testing. Thank you.

Next step is of course to figure out what services are the best but the hardest part is always to fit all the pieces together.

Thank you for a great product!

- HenryFord - 2011-05-16

vikjon0 Wrote:Some information for people not used to manually download from usenet would be useful, it is a struggle to put it all together.
Check out my guide from my signature.

Quote:Where I struggled was the search providers, some more info in the config screen would help.
If you use a provider where you do not have an account => you get an empy file in the watch dir. If you use an account where you have no "credits" you get an empty file.
But this is mainly due to the regulations on the end of the nzb-engines. This has to be found out by the user themselves, unfortunately there is not really another way.

Quote:This were I found sickbeard a bit easier to get a quick test going. When I figured out the above issues I just unchecked everything except the free services (womble & sick beard index).
nzbs.org is also for free (although registration required).

Edit:
Unfortunately registration is closed.

Quote:Any chance you will add some free providers, if nothing else for people like me do a test run?
Do you know any good providers? If so, please file a report on the bugtracker, this way you will make sure that it gets some attention and the devs will look into it.
But keep in mind that this requires the nzb-index you want to use to have some kind of accessible data-form (best case: XML (RSS for example)) or API to access. A lot of the free indexes do not provide useful information, thus we cannot make use of it.

- vikjon0 - 2011-05-16

Quote:But this is mainly due to the regulations on the end of the nzb-engines. This has to be found out by the user themselves, unfortunately there is not really another way.
Well, we could tell them I suppose? I didn't continue reading your guide after I saw the sb installation notes were for windows only. I have now read it and
"Activate the proper index, this depends on the indexes you use "
That's where I needed some more meat. E.g. the details I noted above (but with some more insight of course)

Quote:Do you know any good providers?
I don't know anything, I just noted that I had to test 4 providers before I found the one I could use for a quick test run and that this information could perhaps be made available from within the application.

I also noted that the same procedure was a bit quicker in sb due to the free providers womble & sick beard index. Perhaps no index without registration is available for Movies, I dont know.

- HenryFord - 2011-05-16

vikjon0 Wrote:I don't know anything, I just noted that I had to test 4 providers before I found the one I could use for a quick test run and that this information could perhaps be made available from within the application.
Sounds like a good and valid suggestion, this indeed makes sense. Please post this as a feature request in the bug-tracker, it is fairly easy to implement, maybe you get a response soon.

- primetime34 - 2011-05-19

I have something that I don't know how to deal with.
I am using couchpotato with sabnzbd. I download movies for the children and movies for my wife and I. It is important that these movies stay in separate folders because we use a folder based smart playlist to give access to the different movie lists from the main page (using Aeon MQ2). However, as far as I can tell, couchpotato is only capable of moving the movies to one folder. Is there some way to specify which folder a movie will go to on a movie by movie basis? Thanks for a wonderful plugin that does some amazing things.

- darkscout - 2011-05-19

primetime34 Wrote:I have something that I don't know how to deal with.
I am using couchpotato with sabnzbd. I download movies for the children and movies for my wife and I. It is important that these movies stay in separate folders because we use a folder based smart playlist to give access to the different movie lists from the main page (using Aeon MQ2). However, as far as I can tell, couchpotato is only capable of moving the movies to one folder. Is there some way to specify which folder a movie will go to on a movie by movie basis? Thanks for a wonderful plugin that does some amazing things.

Run different installs of CouchPotato. Setup one on port 5000 for yourself or yoru wife, install the IMDB plugin to your computers.

Install another one on port 5001 for the kids. Put the IMDB plugin on their web browsers.

- Montevideo - 2011-05-19

Just a quick suggestion, based on a recent experience...

Trying to download The Illusionist which has just come out on Blu-Ray and have it flagged to download 720p, which hasn't been posted to servers yet for some reason, however the 1080p version has, and seeing as it's animation, the file size isn't huge...

Just wondering, wouldn't it be nice if Couch Potato told you when a version of a movie in your list is up but doesn't meet your set criteria? Then you could say 'oh go on then...' and choose to override your criteria and download that?

- primetime34 - 2011-05-20

darkscout Wrote:Run different installs of CouchPotato. Setup one on port 5000 for yourself or yoru wife, install the IMDB plugin to your computers.

Install another one on port 5001 for the kids. Put the IMDB plugin on their web browsers.

How could I functionally do that via Windows 7 and have two copies start-up? Do I just make two different couch potato folders? (C:/Couchpotato and C:/Couchpotato1) and have shortcuts to both in my startup folder? I assume it uses very little resources so that's actually a pretty good idea!!

- dreaming.haze - 2011-05-20

Hello,

I have a problem coming across currently that has been causing me some headaches currently.

For a brief of system set up as of current:
I have moved the big three (Sab, Couch, Sick) onto my unraid server and have run into some problems relating to permissions. I today upgraded my box to beta 5.0beta6a. With this new setup I have been reading around that they have changed the permissions around on us a bit. (I upgraded from 5.0 beta 2).
Now, I have Sick beard up and running well, but my problem resides with Couch Potato. I have used this threads install o make it so that the user in control of the install and movement is (nobody), but have run across an odd issue when trying to rename the movies that Couch is downloading.
Here is the bit of code in the log that shows what it is trying to do. If anyone has a clue to what is up here clue me in.
(And yes, I can see that the error is for changing permissions, but I am at my wits end trying to figure out how.)
Thanks.

-Will
Code:
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: u'//TOWER/Movies/Fast Five (2011)/Fast Five.avi'
    fdst = open(dst, 'wb')
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/shutil.py", line 53, in copyfile
    copyfile(src, dst)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/shutil.py", line 99, in copy2
    copy2(src, real_dst)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/shutil.py", line 264, in move
    shutil.move(old, dest)
  File "/mnt/cache/.couchpotato/app/lib/cron/renamer.py", line 466, in _move
    if not _move(old, dest):
  File "/mnt/cache/.couchpotato/app/lib/cron/renamer.py", line 345, in renameFiles
    finalDestination = self.renameFiles(movie)
  File "/mnt/cache/.couchpotato/app/lib/cron/renamer.py", line 99, in doRename
    self.doRename()
  File "/mnt/cache/.couchpotato/app/lib/cron/renamer.py", line 55, in run
02:15:41 ERROR [     app.lib.cron.renamer] Traceback (most recent call last):
02:15:41 ERROR [     app.lib.cron.renamer] !!Uncought exception in renamer thread.
02:15:41 INFO  [     app.lib.cron.renamer] Moving file "/mnt/cache/downloads/Movies/FAST FIVE 2011 TS XVID smoker/fast five 2011 ts xvid-smoker.avi" to //TOWER/Movies/Fast Five (2011)/Fast Five.avi.
02:15:41 INFO  [     app.lib.cron.renamer] Quality Old: 0, New 711.
0[b]2:15:41 ERROR [     app.lib.cron.renamer] Failed changing permissions [/b]//TOWER/Movies/Fast Five (2011)
02:15:41 INFO  [     app.lib.cron.renamer] Creating directory //TOWER/Movies/Fast Five (2011)
02:15:41 INFO  [     app.lib.cron.renamer] Trying to find a home for: fast five 2011 ts xvid-smoker.avi

- vikjon0 - 2011-05-21

I am trying to figure out the quality settings.

Often I am not too worried about the quality, the priorities are:
1) Not below a certain crap level. e.g. no cam, TS or R5
2) Not too big

Of course I can manipulate the size limits per format or I can select DVDrip when I want a small file.

The problem is that I don't seem to find anything when I test. When I compare the logs with what I can manually find on NZBmatrix it looks like the system is ignoring a number of files that do not fit the pattern.

If I test with black swan DVDrip I do not find anything.

I can manually find e.g.
Black Swan 2010 720p BRRip AC3 x264 MacGuffin
2.67 GB

I guess the problem is that the naming of the file does not match the size?

Is this a problem or do we assume that files that are not classified correctly is not what we want?

I am not at all experienced with usenet so I need some advice here.

It seem to me that I need a setting to search on size intervall & excluding a number of format (cam, TS etc).

This would give my a rip of random source with quality specified by size?
Or am I doing it wrong?

- Thatgrumguy - 2011-05-21

any way of running the chrome extension when couchpotato is running on a different computer?

- ECEC - 2011-05-21

Edit, I'm a freaking idiot. You would think after using Sickbeard since it came out that I would know you setup SAB to drop completed movies to a temp dir, and tell CP to look at THAT. Smile Sorry for the angry tones and what not!

First off: this is my fault. I should have tested CP on non-live data.

I haven't really been using CP in ages, so I decided to update to the latest version. I enabled the renaming functionality, and provided the path to SAB's download folder, \\server\videos\incoming.

I was creating and testing some custom qualities, so I added a movie and then scanned the logs to see what was happening behind the scenes. To my surprise, it was doing a recursive scan of \incoming. I have a LOT of videos in there, under various folders because they don't fit into other places. Some home videos, various internet videos, adult videos.

I refresh the log and see that apparently CP has decided that all of these videos are the movie Angela's Ashes, from 1999. It then decided to rename all of these files Angela's Ashes cd1.avi, cd2.avi....all the way up to cd104. It even renamed files that weren't movies, like ISO files I had in my \incoming\software foder. 104!!

The world hasn't ended or anything, it'll just take some time to open the files up, figure out what they are, then rename them appropriately. It's just frustrating.

So, my question: I want to use CP to do renaming. Is there a way to prevent it from scanning every freaking folder in the incoming directory and mass-renaming/moving everything? What's the proper way to set this up?

- coendeurloo - 2011-05-21

My Couchpotato stopped working...well, everything is working fine, untill it has to process the downloaded movies in my movies folder. I get the following error in the log:

Code:
UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xef in position 7: ordinal not in range(128)
    path += '/' + b
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/posixpath.py", line 70, in join
    if isdir(join(top, name)):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/os.py", line 284, in walk
    for x in walk(path, topdown, onerror, followlinks):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/os.py", line 294, in walk
    for root, subfiles, filenames in os.walk(movieFolder):
  File "/usr/local/sbin/couchpotato/app/lib/library.py", line 68, in getMovies
    allMovies = self.getMovies(self.conf('download'))
  File "/usr/local/sbin/couchpotato/app/lib/cron/renamer.py", line 89, in doRename
    self.doRename()
  File "/usr/local/sbin/couchpotato/app/lib/cron/renamer.py", line 55, in run
19:09:18 ERROR [     app.lib.cron.renamer] Traceback (most recent call last):
19:09:18 ERROR [     app.lib.cron.renamer] !!Uncought exception in renamer thread.

I'm using the latest XBMCLive and Couchpotato (Version 9986846)

- lpallard - 2011-05-21

Very simple question:

why wouldnt CP generate nfo files with this type of content:

Code:
<movie>
        <title>Who knows</title>
        <originaltitle>Who knows for real</originaltitle>
        <sorttitle>Who knows 1</sorttitle>
        <set>Who knows trilogy</set>
        <rating>6.100000</rating>
        <year>2008</year>
        <top250>0</top250>
        <votes>50</votes>
        <outline>A look at the role of the Buckeye State in the 2004 Presidential Election.</outline>
        <plot>A look at the role of the Buckeye State in the 2004 Presidential Election.</plot>
        <tagline></tagline>
        <runtime>90 min</runtime>
        <thumb>http://ia.ec.imdb.com/media/imdb/01/I/25/65/31/10f.jpg</thumb>
        <mpaa>Not available</mpaa>
        <playcount>0</playcount>
        <watched>false</watched>
        <id>tt0432337</id>
        <filenameandpath>c:\Dummy_Movie_Files\Movies\...So Goes The Nation.avi</filenameandpath>
        <trailer></trailer>
        <genre></genre>
        <credits></credits>
        <fileinfo>
            <streamdetails>
                <video>
                    <codec>h264</codec>
                    <aspect>2.35</aspect>
                    <width>1920</width>
                    <height>816</height>
                </video>
                <audio>