Kodi Community Forum
CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents (/showthread.php?tid=75960)

- CrashnBrn - 2011-05-22

ECEC Wrote:Edit, I'm a freaking idiot. You would think after using Sickbeard since it came out that I would know you setup SAB to drop completed movies to a temp dir, and tell CP to look at THAT. Smile Sorry for the angry tones and what not!

First off: this is my fault. I should have tested CP on non-live data.

I haven't really been using CP in ages, so I decided to update to the latest version. I enabled the renaming functionality, and provided the path to SAB's download folder, \\server\videos\incoming.

I was creating and testing some custom qualities, so I added a movie and then scanned the logs to see what was happening behind the scenes. To my surprise, it was doing a recursive scan of \incoming. I have a LOT of videos in there, under various folders because they don't fit into other places. Some home videos, various internet videos, adult videos.

I refresh the log and see that apparently CP has decided that all of these videos are the movie Angela's Ashes, from 1999. It then decided to rename all of these files Angela's Ashes cd1.avi, cd2.avi....all the way up to cd104. It even renamed files that weren't movies, like ISO files I had in my \incoming\software foder. 104!!

The world hasn't ended or anything, it'll just take some time to open the files up, figure out what they are, then rename them appropriately. It's just frustrating.

So, my question: I want to use CP to do renaming. Is there a way to prevent it from scanning every freaking folder in the incoming directory and mass-renaming/moving everything? What's the proper way to set this up?

Same thing happened to me, and I posted about it prob. 40-50 pages back, this seems to keep happening to people. All I asked was for some kind of warning box to explain that it was going to do that.

But an option to only rename movies that it downloads would be much better.

- ECEC - 2011-05-22

Yeah, some text underneath would help out a lot.

"WARNING: Files that already exist in the directory (or any subdirectory) will be RENAMED and then MOVED to the destination folder."

- moosenoz - 2011-05-23

i just implemented couchpotato, sickbeard and sabnzb a few days ago. through trial and error, i've managed to get everything configured the way i want.

after just looking at my cp log, there's one thing that i can't figure out. why is couchpotato searching imdb and themoviedb for television episodes that were downloaded last night via sickbeard?

Quote:07:51:13 INFO [ app.config.updater] None
02:59:36 INFO [ app.lib.cron.renamer] No Match found for: None
02:59:13 INFO [movie.sources.imdbWrapper] IMDB - Searching for movie: breakout kings s01e12 720p hdtv x264 orenji
02:59:13 INFO [.movie.sources.theMovieDb] TheMovieDB - Found: []
02:59:13 INFO [.movie.sources.theMovieDb] Searching: http://api.themoviedb.org/2.1/Movie.search/en/xml/9b939aee0aaafc12a65bf448e4af9543/breakout+kings+s01e12+720p+hdtv+x264+orenji
02:59:13 INFO [ app.lib.library] Searching for "Breakout.Kings.S01E12.720p.HDTV.x264-ORENJI".

- ECEC - 2011-05-24

Sounds like your SAB download dir is the same for movies and TV shows. Separate them and the error lof should clean up.

- gorgeth - 2011-05-24

moosenoz Wrote:i just implemented couchpotato, sickbeard and sabnzb a few days ago. through trial and error, i've managed to get everything configured the way i want.

after just looking at my cp log, there's one thing that i can't figure out. why is couchpotato searching imdb and themoviedb for television episodes that were downloaded last night via sickbeard?

Because the post processor is not directly linked to the download side .. so it simply checks every file in the folder against all of its metadata search sites..

(there used to be a major issue with running sick and CP where if they where both running and a file appeared in the folder and CP didn't know about it.. it would move that file to _Undersized Downloads.. not sure if this still happens.. but something to be aware of)

- moosenoz - 2011-05-24

gorgeth, thank you for taking the time to answer my question

if that's the case. i'd be better off having couchpotato not doing any post-processing.

- ECEC - 2011-05-24

moosenoz Wrote:gorgeth, thank you for taking the time to answer my question

if that's the case. i'd be better off having couchpotato not doing any post-processing.

Assuming your SAB download folder is \\server\downloads, create two subdirs:\\server\downloads\CouchPotato and \\server\downloads\SickBeard.In SABNZBd, go to config > categories. Point your movies to the CP folder and your TV shows to the SickBeard folder. Then configure each app to look for files in those dirs. That way you'll be able to use the renaming functions of both, but they won't conflict with each other.

CouchPotato Feature Request - relder251 - 2011-05-24

Is there a way to have movies placed into separate categories based on, as an example, IMDB's rating (G, PG, PG13, etc...), movie category, or the like? If so, it would help greatly in sorting videos for kids, parents, etc.

- moosenoz - 2011-05-25

ECEC Wrote:Assuming your SAB download folder is \\server\downloads, create two subdirs:\\server\downloads\CouchPotato and \\server\downloads\SickBeard.In SABNZBd, go to config > categories. Point your movies to the CP folder and your TV shows to the SickBeard folder. Then configure each app to look for files in those dirs. That way you'll be able to use the renaming functions of both, but they won't conflict with each other.

i'll give this a try. thank you very much.

- Corvo - 2011-05-25

@RuudBurger:

I agree with lpallard. Is it possible for CouchPotato to create a full XBMC nfo companion file?
This, most obviously, saves some time scraping when multiple instances of XBMC are looking towards the same network location.
Secondly, if CP has saved a local trailer-file, the nfo-file could also contain a local link to the trailer CP has saved.

lpallard Wrote:Very simple question:

why wouldnt CP generate nfo files with this type of content:

Code:
<movie>
    <title>Who knows</title>
    <originaltitle>Who knows for real</originaltitle>
    ***removed some lines***
</movie>

instead of

Code:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0234215/

Huh

- Valdysses - 2011-05-26

So I finally have CP running as it was intended. Renaming works, Qualities work, extra info works, everything. This is an excellent program, and one I'm grateful for.

Thanks guys.

- ECEC - 2011-05-26

Tried to download trailers for my existing movies, and got the followingnerror:

File "..\build\pyi.win32\CouchPotato\outPYZ1.pyz/cherrypy._cprequest", line 607, in run
File "..\build\pyi.win32\CouchPotato\outPYZ1.pyz/cherrypy._cpwsgi", line 251, in run
File "..\build\pyi.win32\CouchPotato\outPYZ1.pyz/cherrypy._cpwsgi", line 203, in __init__
File "..\build\pyi.win32\CouchPotato\outPYZ1.pyz/cherrypy._cpwsgi", line 311, in tail
File "..\build\pyi.win32\CouchPotato\outPYZ1.pyz/cherrypy._cpwsgi", line 89, in __call__
File "..\build\pyi.win32\CouchPotato\outPYZ1.pyz/cherrypy._cpwsgi", line 156, in trap
18:40:31 ERROR [25/May/2011:18:40:31] Traceback (most recent call last):
18:40:31 INFO [ app.lib.cron.trailer] Done adding movies to trailer search.

Any idea?

- _Mikie_ - 2011-05-26

Does Couch Potato index movies like Sick Beard does for series or does it just download and rename?

- gorgeth - 2011-05-26

moosenoz Wrote:gorgeth, thank you for taking the time to answer my question

Same I gave up on having CP doing any Post Processing as well as it used to nuke files inprogress that it didnt know about heh Tongue (it also doesnt do well with rips that include "special features" in the folder)

I really sorta wish that somehow CP and Sick could be merged into 1 script that handled both.. there are aspects of both projects that I would so enjoy in the other (the userscript for CP would be nice if it also worked in Sickbeard.. the indexing and tracking of sickbeard would be brilliant in CP as well)

- gorgeth - 2011-05-26

ECEC Wrote:Assuming your SAB download folder is \\server\downloads, create two subdirs:\\server\downloads\CouchPotato and \\server\downloads\SickBeard.In SABNZBd, go to config > categories. Point your movies to the CP folder and your TV shows to the SickBeard folder. Then configure each app to look for files in those dirs. That way you'll be able to use the renaming functions of both, but they won't conflict with each other.

That will work with SAB it wont work with torrent downloading (unless you have the scripts using 2 different torrent clients which is kinda silly)

There are some ways around it depending on torrent client and how much interacting you want to do.. but for most people who are using the torrent functionality of both scripts.. automated post processing is far more important in the tv script than in the movie script.. as there is quite simply far less to manually do for movies than there is for TV shows Tongue

One possible suggestion is to create a folder to dump your movies into manually and tell CP to look there.. so you can leave Post processing on and just move the raw files after you verify that you want those downloads processed..