Kodi Community Forum
CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents (/showthread.php?tid=75960)

- GJones - 2011-07-16

johnmerrick Wrote:Since I started using Couch Potato it has started interferring with my sickbeard tv downloads!! it has started moving my tv shows to the movie folder configured in cp when they should be going to the folders configured in sickbeard! It seems to be since i added the movie category.

i am using sab as my client.

Baffled!

Sounds like you need to fix your directories in SB and CP parameters. Make sure SB is set to downloads/complete/tv (or the equivalent) and CP is set to look in downloads/complete/movies (or equivalent). Set either to just downloads/complete and they will interfere with each other.

- johnmerrick - 2011-07-16

GJones Wrote:Sounds like you need to fix your directories in SB and CP parameters. Make sure SB is set to downloads/complete/tv (or the equivalent) and CP is set to look in downloads/complete/movies (or equivalent). Set either to just downloads/complete and they will interfere with each other.

Brilliant, Thank You.

That makes sense!

- oneadvent - 2011-07-19

I installed this in /usr/local/sbin/couchpotato like the instructions stated and ran
Code:
sudo /etc/init.d/couchpotato start
and it says
Code:
Starting CouchPotato
but I still get nothing and the PID doesn't show, evidenced by trying a restart....is there something I am missing? Something I can use to debug?

- oneadvent - 2011-07-19

Nevermind, it doesn't work to change the user to something else.

- darkscout - 2011-07-19

What user are you trying to run it as? What happens when you try

sudo su [user] -c "python couhpotato.py"

Where ever 'couhpotato.py' is.

- steve1977 - 2011-07-19

I am still having problems searching as videoETA is somewhat blocked in China and thus I am getting error messages, which in the end makes CP just stop searching. Anyhow, this one is already filed as bug and hope ruudburger will come up with an option to disable videoETA search.

I am now seeing yet another error message in my log:

11:08:56 ERROR [ app.lib.provider.rss] Something went wrong in urlopen: <urlopen error timed out>

Not sure what this is related to though. Anyone any ideas?

Thanks in advance!!!

- oneadvent - 2011-07-19

Code:
oneadvent@oneadvent-laptop:/usr/local/sbin/couchpotato$ sudo su oneadvent -c "python CouchPotato.py"
Data dir must be writeable '/usr/local/sbin/couchpotato'
oneadvent@oneadvent-laptop:/usr/local/sbin/couchpotato$

I had another question though, I was wondering how would I define who my torrent providers are? I only see how to define the NZB's. I am not sure how to use those yet, so I want to go from familiar to unfamiliar.

Thanks I really searched the documents so if I missed it I'm sorry.

- darkscout - 2011-07-19

Well, what do YOU think the problem is with the error "Data dir must be writeable '/usr/local/sbin/couchpotato'"?

- oneadvent - 2011-07-19

Sounds permission related but I do not know what Data dir is, and if it is that directory then so be it, but that should be in the instructions...I am happy running it as root, that seems to be working out alright.

Thanks!

- darkscout - 2011-07-19

oneadvent Wrote:I am happy running it as root

That's just all sorts of wrong. But if it makes you happy.

- oneadvent - 2011-07-19

Well to be fair if someone toasted this system I wouldn't care in the slightest. I would be out maybe 2 hours of configuring.

I have other systems I do not run stuff as root, but this one: eh.

I am still stuck on how to add TPB as a provider for torrents. And I have no idea how to use nbz's, so I got a lot of other things to figure out with this.

Thanks for the help though!

- seand - 2011-07-19

Simply because there is less um "quality control" in terms of naming conventions I suspect these apps work a lot more effectively in usenet as opposed to bit torrent circumstances. There is more stuff in torrent circles but a lot more of it is arbitarily titled, inconsistanly labelled in terms of quality of encode. Or at least thats my theory.

- aoaaron - 2011-07-20

can u get the imdb userscript for chrome? is there a similar for sickbeard?

- rflores2323 - 2011-07-20

... restarted Cp and its working now.

what happen to the website?? I keep getting the below

Web Server's Default Page

This page is generated by Parallels Plesk Panel. You see this page because there is no Web site at this address.

You can do the following:

Create domains and set up Web hosting using Parallels Plesk Panel.
For more information please contact Administrator.

This page was generated by Parallels Plesk Panel

- steve1977 - 2011-07-22

steve1977 Wrote:I am still having problems searching as videoETA is somewhat blocked in China and thus I am getting error messages, which in the end makes CP just stop searching. Anyhow, this one is already filed as bug and hope ruudburger will come up with an option to disable videoETA search.

I am now seeing yet another error message in my log:

11:08:56 ERROR [ app.lib.provider.rss] Something went wrong in urlopen: <urlopen error timed out>

* Update * Error above is not related to my videoETA issue. It only happens when I choose NZB.su as provider. Is NZB.su already supported or not? Anyone has it up and running with it?