Kodi Community Forum
CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents (/showthread.php?tid=75960)

- mattressfish - 2011-09-07

KidVulcan Wrote:Ok, I tried the old uninstalling everything and then reinstalling it. Couchpotato works swimmingly nowBig Grin I am curious about something though. It's not so much of a complaint but more of a, geeze that's weird. It's downloading blue ray rips for some films that aren't even out yet. Some that wont even be out until Oct. or Nov. Did you hide a time machine in this thingLaugh

LOL, welcome to the internet kid.

- shaktoo - 2011-09-07

steve1977 Wrote:Anyone knows whether it is possible to add movies to the queue, which are on IMDB, but not on TMDB. I do not succeed to do so (e.g., Autoerotic, 2011).

Any thoughts?
Steve if you just enter the imdb ref ( you know like the tt0873886 ) it would work

- shaktoo - 2011-09-07

@ RUUDBURGER, Thank you ! what a wonderful app, it is working almost perfectly and is a Dream come true. fetching , Downloading & post processing all working brilliantly. Just a few thoughts.. as has been pointed before during post processing sometimes the currently downloading films will be moved as well ( that could be because I had them downloading separately and hence maybe CP thought of these as already downloaded ).
And One suggestion.. if during post processing could "extrafanart" be scrapped as well ? this would for me Complete this app in totality and I would then ,maybe think of getting rid of some media managers altogether.
Once again THANK YOU, keep it up

- MrHaugen - 2011-09-07

Hi

Just starting to use this app in "production" now. I have a problem with two things. I hope some of you can help.

1. NZB's are sent to SABnzbd, but they are never moved from the download folder or renamed! I've added "Movie destination" as the my movie storage directory, and I've added the Download Folder to a different directory. Tried to set this as the directory SBnzbd uses for my Sickbeard downloads as well as it's own folder. I've enabled the "Renaming" options also of-course. What am I doing wrong? Is there something I might have configured wrong in SABnzbd?

2. I need to have the meta data as a sidecar file. In what ever format, just as long as it's plain text. I need to make a script to read this, and modify it to support J River Media Center 16 integration. How can I get this meta data? Only thing I've seen is to "Notify" XBMC and others. I don't want to notify. Just download the meta data.

- unabatedshagie - 2011-09-07

I've had a really strange issue. A movie has been downloaded that wasn't in my wanted list.

I do not have Blu-Ray.com RSS enabled.

I have uploaded a portion of my log file to see if anyone can figure out what has happened?

http://pastebin.com/vphUgfiE

Seems to have downloaded a Scooby Doo movie which wasn't in my wanted list? I notice that Thor has been marked as snatched but it hasn't been downloaded.

Any ideas?

- ECEC - 2011-09-07

MrHaugen Wrote:1. NZB's are sent to SABnzbd, but they are never moved from the download folder or renamed! I've added "Movie destination" as the my movie storage directory, and I've added the Download Folder to a different directory. Tried to set this as the directory SBnzbd uses for my Sickbeard downloads as well as it's own folder. I've enabled the "Renaming" options also of-course. What am I doing wrong? Is there something I might have configured wrong in SABnzbd?

First off, you want your Sickbeard and your CouchPotato folders to be different.

Configure SAB to point your completed movie downloads to a temp directory, like \videos\incoming\CouchPotato. Config > Categories is the page you're looking for. I happen to have Movie renaming enabled (Config > Sorting) but I don't think it's required.

In CouchPotato, set your download folder to \videos\incoming\CouchPotato. Then set your destination folder to where you put your movies, maybe \videos\movies. You can do this by going to Settings > Renaming in CP. You can also configure how you want your movies to be named on this page. Any movie added to \CouchPotato will be scanned by CP and processed, then moved to \movies.

Sickbeard also needs it's own directory (\videos\incoming\Sickbeard), but you also need to setup the SABtoSickbeard.exe script and what-not. Check the SB wiki for details on all that.

- MrHaugen - 2011-09-07

Thanks! That did it. It had to have it's own download folder. Adding it's own category helped as well. I called it "movie" in both Couch Potato and SABznbd, and set the path on the category. It worked like a charm!

Now, my only question is this files. I think .idx and .sub is subtitles right, and the .tbn is a form of cover image for XBMC. But where is the mata data stored?? I need this in clear text format, so I can convert it to a specific XML pattern. Is there any way to get this result, and perhaps remove the tbn file?

- ECEC - 2011-09-07

I don't know about killing the tbn file, but if you use XBMC's 'export library' function (settings > video) then it'll create a .nfo file for each movie in the movie dir that'll be an xml formatted file.

- MrHaugen - 2011-09-07

There has to be another way? First of, I would hate to install XBMC on my server or clients, and it would not be a great task entering XBMC each time I get a download, and then export meta data.

Is there any of the other "notification" options that creates files perhaps? If not, perhaps one of this other apps is able to export such info automatically?

- ECEC - 2011-09-07

Well, assuming you have XBMC installed somewhere (you do, right?) then you wouldn't have to have it installed on your server or clients. XBMC would just need write access to the share, which I'm guessing it already has.

Unfortunately, I don't know an automated way to do it. You'll probably have to find some sort of third party program to create the necessary files for you. FWIW, I'm pretty sure it's been requested that CP have the capability of creating a full nfo when it does it's thing, so maybe it'll show up in a future version.

Just out of curiousity: JRMC doesn't have the ability to do this stuff by itself? It's been years since I've looked at it, but shouldn't it have the ability to scan a movie dir and download movie info?

Edit: at the risk of sounding snarky, what are you even using JRMC for?!

- MrHaugen - 2011-09-07

ECEC Wrote:Well, assuming you have XBMC installed somewhere (you do, right?)

No. And I never will. I tried it 5 years ago, and again 2 months ago. It still sucks in my opinion, except for the eye candy and automated scraping (once the scraping misses in XBMC, you do have problems though). with JRMC you don't. Automatic scraping is really one of the very very few downsides with MC16's. With Sickbeard and headphones, all but Movies is now covered.

MC16 have tools for grabbing meta data, but it's not automatic or batch tools yet. There is plug-ins to do this job better though. An integrated and flexible solution is probably right around the corner, as they have spent some time in making code to identifying media types, and getting movie names and titles, episode, season numbers and such from file names.

In the meantime I'm trying to make solution that will convert the meta data from Couch Potato.

Quote:Edit: at the risk of sounding snarky, what are you even using JRMC for?!

I can mention a few things:
- Streaming of Music and Video from server to clients, phones, pads, web pages etc
- Touch pad control of Theater View (control big screen with pad or similar)
- multi client and sync relationship
- Best media library ever created
- Most customizable media player ever
- Automatic video codec and filter setup, with highest video quality possible
- User created tags
- Standard view for maintenance and work station playback
- About 100% media file support
- Audiophiles wet dream

That's just things taken top of my head. The real question is, why are people still using XBMC :-) For novice users and small collectors, I get it. It's easy to get into. But for people with real interests in media, no. I don't get it.

Over to the real question though. Anyone have an idea to get the meta data pulled from Couch Potato without having XBMC?

- GJones - 2011-09-07

Deleted

- MrHaugen - 2011-09-07

No. You are right. But lack of features or the quality of the ones that exists might. Not trying to start a war here. This is a XBMC forum after all Big Grin I was just a bit triggered by ECEC's snarky words Wink

I've figured out that my best hope to get meta data for my Movies, might be to add a script to download data from IMDB or tmdb or something. The best would be to run it in SABnzbd. Anyone know of such a script?

- GJones - 2011-09-07

2000 movies, 2500 episodes. No problems with XBMC at all, running on Ubuntu. Your not liking it does not mean it is inferior.

Dismissing it as inferior on an XBMC forum is an ineffective means of getting support.

- ECEC - 2011-09-07

What's funny is that I've tried JRMC a few times over the years, and always thought if far inferior to Meedio/OS (in customization and the ability to do almost anything you want, library wise) and XBMC (in terms of ease of use and WAF). Laugh Prolly not an argument to start on the XBMC forums, though.

Sorry for the derail guys.

On topic! Does anyone know why CP will sometimes stop detecting movies in the download folder? I'll see that I have some completed downloads in SAB, and the movie files will just be chillin' in the CP folder. No UNPACK_ or anything, just sitting there. Usually a restart will fix it.