Kodi Community Forum
CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents (/showthread.php?tid=75960)

- clubwerks - 2011-09-30

akhlaq768 Wrote:is there a step by step guide on how to configure couchpotato?

ive installed it and loaded the exe file, but how do i configure it?

ive added a movie, using the search box... but it does nothing... what am i meant to do?

thanks

What have you configured so far? And don't say nothing because you should at least try to work your way through the setup without coming on here and asking everybody to do it for you.

- cfg9000 - 2011-09-30

Anyone having issues with couchpotato + nzbmatrix? I've got CouchPotato configured with my nzbmatrix ID and API key, but CouchPotato is not finding anything I put on my watch list. I've looked up files on nzbmatrix itself, so I know they are there. I'm not getting any errors that I can see, it just says it's not finding anything.

- oneadvent - 2011-09-30

So I'm not sure if these bugs are pointed out or not, but I have noticed some odd things:

1. I was looking for Fast Five and it kept finding something totally different.
2. I noticed that if it finds the name in the movie it assumes it must be right, for example, say a movie is named Ed, well then it might download Ed and Jane instead, even if the year is wrong.
3. It tries to download movies before they come out. Again I noticed this with Fast Five. I selected the quality DVDRip and it tried to download it before a DVD came out. If there are cases where it may come out early then I could manually search for it, but for the vast majority that makes no sense.
4. When I did select that the movie was incorrect it would download another copy of exactly the wrong thing.

Anyway those are some thoughts, of course I cannot complain about free anything, and so I do not want to come across as complaining, rather pointing out ways that things could be improved.

Thanks! (for either reading or creating this awesome app)

- clubwerks - 2011-09-30

oneadvent Wrote:So I'm not sure if these bugs are pointed out or not, but I have noticed some odd things:

1. I was looking for Fast Five and it kept finding something totally different.
2. I noticed that if it finds the name in the movie it assumes it must be right, for example, say a movie is named Ed, well then it might download Ed and Jane instead, even if the year is wrong.
3. It tries to download movies before they come out. Again I noticed this with Fast Five. I selected the quality DVDRip and it tried to download it before a DVD came out. If there are cases where it may come out early then I could manually search for it, but for the vast majority that makes no sense.
4. When I did select that the movie was incorrect it would download another copy of exactly the wrong thing.

Anyway those are some thoughts, of course I cannot complain about free anything, and so I do not want to come across as complaining, rather pointing out ways that things could be improved.

Thanks! (for either reading or creating this awesome app)

I'm honestly not sure you're doing it right because I've never had any of the problems you mention.

Almost every movie is available long before it's release date, sometimes as much as 2-3 weeks early. Welcome to the internet.

Maybe post some logs of the problems you're having.

- clubwerks - 2011-09-30

cfg9000 Wrote:Anyone having issues with couchpotato + nzbmatrix? I've got CouchPotato configured with my nzbmatrix ID and API key, but CouchPotato is not finding anything I put on my watch list. I've looked up files on nzbmatrix itself, so I know they are there. I'm not getting any errors that I can see, it just says it's not finding anything.

No. I use nzbmatrix exclusively and it works perfectly.

- cfg9000 - 2011-09-30

clubwerks Wrote:No. I use nzbmatrix exclusively and it works perfectly.

I hate to be a bother, but would it be possible for me to see some screens of your configuration? Newzbin works perfectly for me, but CouchPotato doesn't seem to be seeing Nzbmatrix at all.

- clubwerks - 2011-09-30

cfg9000 Wrote:I hate to be a bother, but would it be possible for me to see some screens of your configuration? Newzbin works perfectly for me, but CouchPotato doesn't seem to be seeing Nzbmatrix at all.

My config probably looks the same as your, my account name, my api key from the account page on nzbmatrix.com and check the enabled box.

You might try checking what you have your retention set at on the settings settings>nzb/torrents page. If you have your retention set too low, it won't pick up movies that are out of the retention you set. Mine is set at 1200 days, per nzbmatrix.com.

I also use newzbin, but just to verify, I unchecked newzbin in my settings and then entered a movie I knew was available. It found it and passed it to sabnzbd fine and is downloading right now.

- clubwerks - 2011-09-30

Add a new movie, something you know is on nzbmatrix.com and wait a few minutes then check your log and post it.

- unabatedshagie - 2011-09-30

ECEC Wrote:Well, if you've got everything forwarded correctly then the problem is either with your router (make sure you've selected TCP+UDP as the protocol) or the app itself. I'd get on a computer outside your network and see if you can bring up the standard CP page, which will tell you where the issue is.

Oh, and don't forget local firewalls preventing access on that port as well. Does the app work when wifi is enabled?

When forwarding a port I can't select the protocol, just the start and end port and the IP address.

If I try and go via safari on my iPhone when it's disconnected from my wifi it says
Code:
Safari cannot open the page because the server cannot be found

- akhlaq768 - 2011-09-30

clubwerks Wrote:What have you configured so far? And don't say nothing because you should at least try to work your way through the setup without coming on here and asking everybody to do it for you.

i have gone onto the settings page, and selected the appropriate settings.. but im sure im not doing something right, because nothing is happening?

please there must be some sort of screen shots or guide to set it up correctly

thanks

- unabatedshagie - 2011-09-30

akhlaq768 Wrote:i have gone onto the settings page, and selected the appropriate settings.. but im sure im not doing something right, because nothing is happening?

please there must be some sort of screen shots or guide to set it up correctly

thanks

Here are my settings:

Downloaders: http://cl.ly/1V1i0R3T3W1a403n4409
Providers: http://cl.ly/0r2l0B11023T0a3d0W2u

Something must be happening, could you upload your log file to pastebin so we can see what CP is doing.

- clubwerks - 2011-09-30

Yep, my settings are exactly the same except my retention is set to 1200 days and I used newzbin instead of nzb.su.

- z0mbi3 - 2011-10-01

could someone help me out here, just done a fresh install of xbmc on 11.04, followed this couchpotato guide: http://www.ainer.org/couch-potato-install-setup-configuration-guide-for-ubuntu-linux-mint/2

But when I run "python .couchpotato/CouchPotato.py -q" I'm getting:

"HTTP request sent; waiting for response" in my putty session and nothing in the browser.

Any ideas?

- Ne0tr0n - 2011-10-01

hey

im using couchpotato german branch with nzbindex.nl as search engine
when i add a movie and force a search for it i see in the logs the following error

Code:
INFO  [pp.lib.provider.yarr.base] Wrong: <TOWN> www.town.ag > sponsored by www.ssl-news.info > "Attack.the.Block.German.AC3D.DL.1080p.BluRay.x264-LameHD.par2" - 7,15 GB - yEnc, undetermined naming. Looking for 'Attack the Block (2011)'

but its the right movie i want to download
when i add a movie and the release name has the year in it, it downloads correctly. looks like couchpotato also searches for the year. any way to disable this and only search by name?

- ECEC - 2011-10-02

unabatedshagie Wrote:When forwarding a port I can't select the protocol, just the start and end port and the IP address.

If I try and go via safari on my iPhone when it's disconnected from my wifi it says
Code:
Safari cannot open the page because the server cannot be found

The protocol isn't a big deal.it sounds like you have a firewall blocking incoming connections. You'll need to add an exception to your firewall software for CP to be accessible to other machines.