Kodi Community Forum
CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents (/showthread.php?tid=75960)

- seand - 2011-10-19

acegutta22 Wrote:hello eveyone Ive been using this program for 2 weeks with no problem but as of last night it wont let me add any movie and now when i try to use the userscript i get this Error 500 Internal any sugestions?

Error 500 indicates that CP is not publishing the control panel at all i.e. that the program isn't running. Are you sure you don't just need to relaunch CP?

- BULLIT - 2011-10-19

clubwerks Wrote:I guess when you're in an XBMC forum asking about a program that was written with XBMC integration in mind, you kind of get what you get in regards to how the program operates.

For arguments sake, How does my file naming structure not integrate well with XBMC? I see all metadata in library and file mode. everything scans just fine into XBMC with the posters and fanart of my choosing.

- clubwerks - 2011-10-19

BULLIT Wrote:For arguments sake, How does my file naming structure not integrate well with XBMC? I see all metadata in library and file mode. everything scans just fine into XBMC with the posters and fanart of my choosing.

It's not that it doesn't integrate well, it's that this particular program doesn't write the filenames that way and you're trying to figure out how to change them for support outside of XBMC.

There's more than one way to skin a cat, as they say. This developer has chosen one way, which works fine for XBMC.

- TheStretchedElf - 2011-10-20

clubwerks Wrote:It's not that it doesn't integrate well, it's that this particular program doesn't write the filenames that way and you're trying to figure out how to change them for support outside of XBMC.

There's more than one way to skin a cat, as they say. This developer has chosen one way, which works fine for XBMC.

To be fair I don't think Bullit is asking why the developer has chosen one particular naming convention but rather why some CP users have a different naming convention to his.

He has movie.tbn
I have <moviename>.tbn

- BULLIT - 2011-10-20

TheStretchedElf Wrote:To be fair I don't think Bullit is asking why the developer has chosen one particular naming convention but rather why some CP users have a different naming convention to his.

He has movie.tbn
I have <moviename>.tbn

This is exactly what I was trying to ask. I have just been renaming the metedata as I go. So it's no big deal, Just wondering if I can switch something and have it named the way I would like...

- MikeBuzz - 2011-10-20

i have not tested this but can you maybe change the following in the config.ini

[Meta]
enabled = True
fanartminheight = 0
fanartminwidth = 0
posterminheight = 0
posterminwidth = 0
fanartfilename = fanart.<orig_ext>
posterfilename = movie.tbn
nfofilename = movie.nfo

could maybe change the line as below
fanartfilename = <namethe>-fanart.<orig_ext>
posterfilename = <namethe>.tbn
nfofilename = <namethe>.nfo

- BULLIT - 2011-10-20

MikeBuzz Wrote:i have not tested this but can you maybe change the following in the config.ini

[Meta]
enabled = True
fanartminheight = 0
fanartminwidth = 0
posterminheight = 0
posterminwidth = 0
nfofilename = movie.nfo

Worth a shot...I'll give it a try when I get home and let ya'll know.

- BULLIT - 2011-10-21

MikeBuzz Wrote:i have not tested this but can you maybe change the following in the config.ini

[Meta]
enabled = True
fanartminheight = 0
fanartminwidth = 0
posterminheight = 0
posterminwidth = 0
nfofilename = movie.nfo

Alright, That was a No-Go. totally deleted a movie for some reason. Also renamed my watched folder from "Movies" to "_EXISTS_Movies_". That was wierd.

- JustinAiken - 2011-10-24

Is there a way to set up twitter notifications in Couch Potato?

- RuudBurger - 2011-10-24

Settings >> Notifications > Twitter Wink

I don't see a section for notifications under settings; there's an option for XBMC notifications under Extras, but that's the closest I see...

Thanks for the app btw; hopefully this "add a movie that looks good and forget it" philosophy will help me cut out all the time I waste browsing movies...

Then you should check and see if you are on the latest version. If you are, try a manual update and make sure CP has the full rights to write in it's own directory.

It says "version master" - is that the latest? Sounds like this is probably an unRaid package issue, I'll go ask on the forum there...

Yeah that one has a bugged out updater. You're missing a lot of updates Wink

- DejaVu - 2011-10-28

Just reinstalled CP for the first time in ages after my last XBMC install borked.
I've noticed a couple of changes since my last install - but this one in particular is not loading.

Google Chrome's loading animation just keeps spinning trying to find it.

Sickbeard & Sab are both running lovely, just CP refuses to load.

Here's is the last part of the 'script' after I installed using it (to /home/xbmc/.couchpotato instead of the older - /usr/local/sbin/couchpotato - where it worked last)

Quote:Starting CouchPotato
Point your webbrowser to http://: and have fun!

I started CP via a Daemon ten minutes ago and here is the Log so far (it has not changed since started) -
Quote:03:31:24 INFO [ app.config.db] Initializing Database.
03:31:25 INFO [ app.lib.qualities] Creating custom=False quality: dvdrip
03:31:26 INFO [ app.lib.qualities] Creating custom=False quality: cam
03:31:26 INFO [ app.lib.qualities] Creating custom=False quality: ts
03:31:26 INFO [ app.lib.qualities] Creating custom=False quality: r5
03:31:26 INFO [ app.lib.qualities] Creating custom=False quality: dvdr
03:31:26 INFO [ app.lib.qualities] Creating custom=False quality: brrip
03:31:27 INFO [ app.lib.qualities] Creating custom=False quality: 720p
03:31:27 INFO [ app.lib.qualities] Creating custom=False quality: 1080p
03:31:27 INFO [ app.lib.qualities] Creating custom=False quality: tc
03:31:27 INFO [ app.lib.qualities] Creating custom=False quality: scr

Any ideas what might be happening?