Kodi Community Forum
CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents (/showthread.php?tid=75960)

- mattressfish - 2011-11-08

clubwerks Wrote:Is there any way we can get a simple checkbox to exclude post processing of full blu ray downloads? I have a situation that has happened more times than I care to admit. I use CP to DL compressed versions of movies that I don't plan on keeping forever or that I don't care about the quality. For better movies, I typically grab the full blu ray image and process it myself using DVDFab, leaving in the HD audio and compressing the video to a more manageable size.

In any case, I'll grab the nzb and send it to SAB. SAB will assign it to the movie category, same as my Couch Potato installation uses. I have a category assigned for these movies, but if I forget to change the category, CP will try to process this file when it finishes. I can tell you, I've made this mistake about five times and CP has ruined all of these ~50GB downloads forcing me to download them again.

It seems to me that a simple "Don't process full Blu Ray folders" checkbox and then some functionality to exclude anything with the BDMW folder would be pretty easy to do. Thanks.

That's something you need to fix in SAB. Have those movies go to a folder that CP isn't watching...

however to download my favorite torrent site is like? - iorifly - 2011-11-08

I would like to use the CouchPotato, however to download my favorite torrent site is like?

- dannycorker - 2011-11-08

Is the required words field going to get the capability for 'OR' statements? I'd like to force it to require 'Bluray OR HDDVD', at the moment I can only force one or the other :/ My main reason for this is that CP keeps downloading HDTV rips that are just labelled 720p on NZBMatrix (not CPs fault I know, should have been posted better).

- mwkurt - 2011-11-08

Hello,

I am not at my home computer at the moment but thought I would ask anyway. Last night everything was working good, then my computer shut down and now I can not get CP to start up. I restarted my pc...nothing. I physically clicked the couchpotato.exe file...nothing. Looking in the Task Manager, I can see that it has not started. The CP log file just says "initiallizing db", then nothing. I have Sickbeard and SAB running on this pc and they still work. I tried renaming the db file and letting cp create a new one...it did but still did not start up. I tried overwriting the couchpotato.exe file with the one I had downloaded and still nothing. Does anyone have any ideas as to what could be my problem? I am running Windows 7 32 bit system.

Thanks,
Mark

- HenryFord - 2011-11-08

Seems like the db is corrupt. What happens when you rename the db-file and start CP up? Does the logfile contain anything else than "initialize db"? Did you check that the port CP is trying to run on isn't occupied?

- Deano316 - 2011-11-08

Have had CP installed for about week now, but every other movie I download fails (pieces missing etc.). Is this common with CP or have I done something wrong? Have the full setup (Couch Potato, SABnzbd, Sickbeard - solely using NZBMatrix as my provider running on Vista).

- mwkurt - 2011-11-08

HenryFord Wrote:Seems like the db is corrupt. What happens when you rename the db-file and start CP up? Does the logfile contain anything else than "initialize db"? Did you check that the port CP is trying to run on isn't occupied?

Hi HenryFord...thanks for responding. When CP created the new db, there were other entries in the log pertaining to the creation of the qualities...then nothing. Did not check the port, however, before my computer shut down it was working on the same port...5000. Will check that when I get home...thanks!

Edit: Turns out that I had contracted a "Webbrowser Redirection" bug. Was fixed with Hitman Pro. Thanks again!

Mark

- HenryFord - 2011-11-09

Deano316 Wrote:Have had CP installed for about week now, but every other movie I download fails (pieces missing etc.). Is this common with CP or have I done something wrong? Have the full setup (Couch Potato, SABnzbd, Sickbeard - solely using NZBMatrix as my provider running on Vista).
When the job fails inside of SABnzbd it is not the fault of Couch Potato but of your usenet-provider because the files are missing at the server. CP cannot do anything against that, sabnzbd tries as much as it can but sometimes it just fails.
I know for example for certain that Astraweb had a bad day about 150 days ago and that a lot of stuff is corrupt because of that.... but since then I didn't encounter the error again.

- Deano316 - 2011-11-09

HenryFord Wrote:When the job fails inside of SABnzbd it is not the fault of Couch Potato but of your usenet-provider because the files are missing at the server. CP cannot do anything against that, sabnzbd tries as much as it can but sometimes it just fails.
I know for example for certain that Astraweb had a bad day about 150 days ago and that a lot of stuff is corrupt because of that.... but since then I didn't encounter the error again.

I've had 100% succes rate with my CP downloads since my last post, whatever was wrong seems to have been put right. Happy to report that now CP is fully functioning and taking pride of place as part of my automated setup. Awesome work dude!! (",)

- clubwerks - 2011-11-18

I'm going to post this again in case it was missed the first time, in hopes that I'll receive at least a reply.

Couch Potato needs to have a simple checkbox that will have it bypass folders with BDMV folders. Too often a bluray movie will accidentally get downloaded to my regular movie folder that is processed by CP. It removes the first stream (I'm assuming, definitely not the largest), renames it "Streamlined.Swing (1938)" and deletes all the other stream files. Super annoying and a super waste of time. I get 4.5 MB/s dl speed, which is the only thing that's stopped me from simply removing CP and doing it manually.

- unabatedshagie - 2011-11-18

Anyone have any ideas why CP doesn't seem to remove movies from my wanted list after downloading it?

I think it might have something to do with the fact that I'm using a profile with days set to wait for better quality as 0.

- frankspin - 2011-11-18

Is there anyway to turn off auto-check? I like the concept of this and would rather use it as a running queue that I can manually do a search on versus having it auto search ever X amount of time.

- Mar2zz - 2011-11-19

unabatedshagie Wrote:Anyone have any ideas why CP doesn't seem to remove movies from my wanted list after downloading it?

I think it might have something to do with the fact that I'm using a profile with days set to wait for better quality as 0.

Those movies that are downloaded but waiting for better quality are a different color in the interface. Pink that is.

If you are happy with all of the quality's downloaded you need to check the box Finish on your quality profile page.

Does't seem to find movies very often - roontoon - 2011-11-20

Couch Potato rarely finds movies for me, is this so for other folks? Could it be setting? Or is this just how this thing works. Thanks

d

- mattressfish - 2011-11-20

roontoon Wrote:Couch Potato rarely finds movies for me, is this so for other folks? Could it be setting? Or is this just how this thing works. Thanks

d

Have you verified that the movies you're looking for are actually available?