Kodi Community Forum
CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents (/showthread.php?tid=75960)

- Grubsy - 2012-02-01

FatBoyNotSoSlim Wrote:First page of the config section, preferred words and ignore words.

FYI heres how mine looks;

Ignore:

Preferred:

So Ignore HDTV and have Bluray as preferred and you're good to go.

Perfect. Thanks FatBoyNotSoSlim

- lb4406 - 2012-02-02

HarryRosen Wrote:Anyone else still having problems with the nfo scraping and movie information not showing after couchpotato gets the movie and updates xbmc.

I have been looking at the movie.nfo it creates and I believe the issus is that when it creates the movie information is puts it as an <outline> not <plot> so xbmc doesn't pick it up. If i change the outline to plot it comes up fine.

Could this be the new way eden reads the nfo?

Yes this ! I've just spent hours messing about trying to figure out what was causing this and I've just found your post! Now whats the fix? Smile

- stourwalk - 2012-02-03

lb4406 Wrote:Yes this ! I've just spent hours messing about trying to figure out what was causing this and I've just found your post! Now whats the fix? Smile

Edit library/xmg/xmg.py to add a new try except block to write out 'outline' as 'plot' in def _generate_nfo_xml(self): would seem the most logical suggestion..

- Deano316 - 2012-02-05

For some reason I can't get CP to start at the moment. When I start to run it, it fires up for about twenty seconds and then shuts itself down. It was working fine for months, tried getting an updated version but still no joy. Running Vista, AVG & Firefox, anyone have any ideas where to start looking for a solution?

- krish_2k4 - 2012-02-05

is it possible to scrape UK ratings instead of US?

or will this be an option in V2?

- Dilligaf - 2012-02-06

Deano316 Wrote:For some reason I can't get CP to start at the moment. When I start to run it, it fires up for about twenty seconds and then shuts itself down. It was working fine for months, tried getting an updated version but still no joy. Running Vista, AVG & Firefox, anyone have any ideas where to start looking for a solution?

I just experienced this same problem and found that the config.ini file in the couchpotato directory was corrupted. Try opening the file with a text editor and see if it looks ok.

Mike

- Hjord - 2012-02-06

stourwalk Wrote:Edit library/xmg/xmg.py to add a new try except block to write out 'outline' as 'plot' in def _generate_nfo_xml(self): would seem the most logical suggestion..

I'm sorry - where?

- zag - 2012-02-06

Is the Newzbin support working since they changed URL's?

- Deano316 - 2012-02-06

Dilligaf Wrote:I just experienced this same problem and found that the config.ini file in the couchpotato directory was corrupted. Try opening the file with a text editor and see if it looks ok.

Mike

Will do, thanks for the advice. If it is what should I do, delete and allow CP to generate a new one?

Edit: Had a look at the config.ini file, seems ok but to be honest I don't know what I'm looking for Confused Any pointers or help would be appreciated.

- MrHaugen - 2012-02-07

Is there any way to filter out subtitles for deaf people? I'm getting rather frustrated of things like:

Jack: bla bla bla bla bla
*Loud bang*
*Woman whistling quitely*

I'm not deaf. English is just not my primary language, and I need it mainly on parts with non English dialogues.

- HenryFord - 2012-02-07

Deano316 Wrote:Will do, thanks for the advice. If it is what should I do, delete and allow CP to generate a new one?

Edit: Had a look at the config.ini file, seems ok but to be honest I don't know what I'm looking for Confused Any pointers or help would be appreciated.
Look at it with notepad++ - it'll show if something is wrong (wrong character encoding, binary data, etc.).
If you delete the .ini CP will just create a new one - you have to redo your settings obviously though.

MrHaugen Wrote:Is there any way to filter out subtitles for deaf people? I'm getting rather frustrated of things like:

Jack: bla bla bla bla bla
*Loud bang*
*Woman whistling quitely*

I'm not deaf. English is just not my primary language, and I need it mainly on parts with non English dialogues.
Unfortunately not - there is no way to know wether this subtitle is for the hearing impared people or for a non-native speaker... The open-subtitles accessible tend to subtitle for the hearing impared though...

TBN Auto Update on Higher Quality DL - newoski - 2012-02-07

Hi Guys,

Quick question about CouchPotato.

When I replace a movie with a quality file, XBMC updates with the correct file location and plays the new file correctly, but the TBN file still says the previous file quality.

Therefore, when I update an SD file with a 1080P file, XBMC plays the 1080P file correctly, but the theme displays the file details as 480P...

As soon as I delete the TBN and rescan the movie into XBMC it displays with the correct resolution.

Thanks for your help,

Owen

- Deano316 - 2012-02-07

HenryFord Wrote:Look at it with notepad++ - it'll show if something is wrong (wrong character encoding, binary data, etc.).
If you delete the .ini CP will just create a new one - you have to redo your settings obviously though.

Okay, used notepad++ to view the .ini, but nothing seemed out of place to me. But then I am an amateur when it comes to code. Is there a sample I can compare it to?

- Dilligaf - 2012-02-07

Deano316 Wrote:Okay, used notepad++ to view the .ini, but nothing seemed out of place to me. But then I am an amateur when it comes to code. Is there a sample I can compare it to?

Just rename the file and let it be recreated, if it doesn't fix your problem you still have your original. You need to look in the logs to see what's going on, it could be almost anything. If you launch with python in a command window what does it tell you? The command would be:

C:\Python27\python.exe C:\CouchPotato\CouchPotato.py

Mike

- Deano316 - 2012-02-07

I'm running it on vista, so i don't use a command prompt to start it up I just launch my CP from the .exe and away it goes (normally). I know it could be anything, just seems weird that it stopped working randomly. Can't think of anything I changed on it or my PC. V. Frustrating, just checking the logs now, might be something simple. Appreciate the help Nod

Edit:

*palms forehead* Didnt check the logs properly! Port in use! Sorry for the wasted time people, but thanks for the help Blush