Kodi Community Forum
CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents (/showthread.php?tid=75960)

RE: CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents - suckmykiss - 2013-10-22

CP has not been working for the last week for me. It keeps saying failed to connect. I'm not sure how to fix this, any suggestions? My brother set all of this up for me, so I'm a newbie at this and would like to understand how it works and how to trouble shoot it myself.

RE: CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents - steve1977 - 2013-10-26

I have a few questions related to the renaming feature:

1) I would like to set the "from" director to my sabnzbd download directory. However, there will also be other things besides movies being downloaded to. Will this create an issue or will the renamer ignore files unrelated to CP?

2) What intelligence does CP apply when determining the movie name? Is this based on the IMDB ID that was used as identifier at CP? Or how else?

3) What sources are used to download fanart and poster? What about trailers?

4) How does CP determine "source" (e.g., bluray) and "resolution"?

Thanks in advance!!!

RE: CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents - guy_smiley:) - 2013-10-26

1) Yes and no. Best bet would be to categorise in SABnzbd and add a separate folder for movies. Just make the category with *movies* in the group field.

2) Which name are you referring, when it renames? I imagine it would be IMDB but that's up to someone else, moreso the Dev

3) No idea Tongue

4) I believe this is somewhere on Github as it seems to be quite intelligent with this.

Only useful for number 1 Tongue

RE: CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents - steve1977 - 2013-10-26

Thanks, this is helpful. One more question: I managed to rename right after downloading. Unfortunately, I don't get CP to rename movies that are manually places into the download folder that is specified for renaming action. Is that not possible?

RE: CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents - guy_smiley:) - 2013-10-27

Sorry, your wording has me a little confused. SABnzbd downloads to \downloads and then CP moves them to \movies or SABnzbd downloads to \downloads and then leaves them there?

RE: CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents - Abshole - 2013-11-06

3 times today CouchPotato has moved a movie before it's completed.

RE: CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents - scubaman - 2013-11-06

Hi, I need some startup help. I just discovered this neat tool and set it up a couple of days ago. I am running on windows 8.1, default browser is chrome. The downloader is utorrent. I can search for and download movies, but they are not getting moved or renamed even though I enabled all the appropriate options. Download directory has folders containing movies and .nfo files. It is set to run the renamer every hour and to run cleanup every 2 hours. To and From directories are different. Rename options are otherwise default. The download directory has lots of other non-movie items. I don't see a way to trigger a rename operation manually. Am I missing something obvious?

Appreciate any help!

Rich

RE: CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents - redglory - 2013-11-06

(2013-10-26, 22:45)steve1977 Wrote: Thanks, this is helpful. One more question: I managed to rename right after downloading. Unfortunately, I don't get CP to rename movies that are manually places into the download folder that is specified for renaming action. Is that not possible?

I've updated to latest github release and also have encountered some problems processing "rename/move" movies inside my FROM folder to TO folder.

It only processes like 4/5 movies each time and I have to restart CPS. In addition, some movies never get renamed/moved and I don't know why... Simpli CPS never searchs Downloaded folder identifying any movies.

RE: CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents - scubaman - 2013-11-08

(2013-11-06, 03:55)scubaman Wrote: Hi, I need some startup help. I just discovered this neat tool and set it up a couple of days ago. I am running on windows 8.1, default browser is chrome. The downloader is utorrent. I can search for and download movies, but they are not getting moved or renamed even though I enabled all the appropriate options. Download directory has folders containing movies and .nfo files. It is set to run the renamer every hour and to run cleanup every 2 hours. To and From directories are different. Rename options are otherwise default. The download directory has lots of other non-movie items. I don't see a way to trigger a rename operation manually. Am I missing something obvious?

Appreciate any help!

Rich
Hmmm looks like this works for sabnzdb downloads. Is this correct, it needs a .nzb file?

RE: CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents - tiwas - 2013-11-08

My problem with this is simply that my file server is samba and doesn't support larger than 4GB files. Should've been an option to FTP larger files Smile

RE: CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents - cw-kid - 2013-12-12

Hi

Is it possible to select Couch Potato Categories when adding a movie trailer to Couch Potato in XBMC ?

I have two categories setup in Couch Potato which are "Movies" and "Kids Movies"

When viewing trailers in XBMC using the Apple iTunes Trailers add-on you can add that trailer / movie to Couch Potato using the context menu etc. I can then select my desired quality and it adds it to Couch Potato OK.

However in XBMC when doing this there is no option to say which Couch Potato category it should be assigned too, i.e. either Movies or Kids Movies.

Thanks.

RE: CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents - steve1977 - 2013-12-30

Hope that one of the developers is reading this forum. I would love to see "nuked" usenet entries being excluded from download. Thanks in advance!

RE: CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents - redglory - 2013-12-30

(2013-12-30, 13:54)steve1977 Wrote: Hope that one of the developers is reading this forum. I would love to see "nuked" usenet entries being excluded from download. Thanks in advance!

You can just add the word as filter for your Search Providers on CPS configs.

RE: CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents - steve1977 - 2013-12-30

You sure that will do the trick? From what I see the word "nuke" is not part of the file name? At least in nzbs.org, it shows as a separate icon next to the file name?

RE: CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents - redglory - 2013-12-30

Might worth the try!