Kodi Community Forum
CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: CouchPotato - Automatic Movie Downloader via NZB & Torrents (/showthread.php?tid=75960)

- Only One Haze - 2010-07-27

anyone have this working on vista 32bit? still does nothing here. tried latest build.

- Flomaster - 2010-07-27

rflores2323 Wrote:can you help me to get this running. I have python 2.6 installed as i get this output
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 9 2010-02-04 17:03 /usr/bin/python -> python2.6

I have downloaded the files (RuudBurger-CouchPotato-193ccef) in "documents" however when I try to run the program it gives me the below.

Code:
xbmc@xbmc-desktop:~$ python CouchPotato.py -d
python: can't open file 'CouchPotato.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory
so I cant get the program to start

I have done everything else for the script and get the final out as its starting but nothing happens, see below

Code:
[color=red]xbmc@xbmc-desktop:~$ sudo /etc/init.d/couchpotato start
Starting CouchPotato[/color]

so what am I doing wrong?? how can I get the app to start so that i can configure it. Also if I try to double click the file CouchPotato.py it opens it with gedit. I tried to change the open with.... to python however it does not do anything. any help.

I am getting the same error as rflores
my init script is not starting on boot up once again Sad
when I run : sudo /etc/init.d/couchpotato start
it returns Starting CouchPotato

but I have no web gui access

I was able to navigate to /usr/local/sbin/couchpotato and run: sudo python CouchPotato.py -d

the app started and was able to configure it.

also once again sab and sickbeard aren't auto starting, I do however have a correct runlevel this time so I have no idea whats wrong now

-=Jason=-

- darkscout - 2010-07-27

rflores2323, if it says it can't find it, then you're not in the folder with CouchPotato.py. You say it's in your documents folder, yet you're trying to run the command from your home folder.

This is what mine looks like. Obviously copied from my SickBeard startup script:
Code:
#! /bin/sh
### BEGIN SCRIPT INFO
# Provides: Episode Butler Start/Stop
# Copied by Ainer.org from http://forums.sabnzbd.org/index.php?topic=2013.0
# Written by Tret on April 17, 2009
# Modified by Ainer on March 26, 2010
# Modified by Ainer on March 31, 2010
### END SCRIPT INFO

USER="downloader"
HOME="/home/downloader"
SB_IP="localhost:5000"
SB_USER=""
SB_PASS=""

case "$1" in
start)
echo "Starting Movie Manager"
#find /net/server.local/tank/Movies > /dev/null
cd $HOME/CouchPotato/
/usr/bin/sudo -u $USER -H python $HOME/CouchPotato/CouchPotato.py -d & > /dev/null 2>&1
;;
stop)
echo "Shutting down Sick Beard."
/usr/bin/wget -q delete-after "http://$SB_IP/config/exit/"
;;
*)
echo "Usage: $0 {start|stop}"
exit 1
esac

exit 0

- Mrkennedy - 2010-07-27

RuudBurger Wrote:So the first time downloads, buts fails to add it to snatched?

Yes, then an hour later when it searches again it snatches it this time. Meaning 2 downloads in the queue.

- ClayM - 2010-07-27

The integrated movie add in thing is neat, but from an aesthetic standpoint, it would be nice if the movie picker after you do your initial search would show up in the main part of the page with links to IMDB / TheMovieDB.

Is there a way to add your existing movies?

Also, does the greasemonkey script only work if you're browsing on the same box that CP is running on?

One last thing: I tried searching for "Amélie" and it doesn't seem to work. "Amelie" does though.

- RuudBurger - 2010-07-27

I don't understand your first point.

Not yet

No, it takes the host file from your request. So if you access CP from outside (mapped to a domain or ip) it will link the Userscript to that address.

- ClayM - 2010-07-27

RuudBurger Wrote:I don't understand your first point.

Not yet

No, it takes the host file from your request. So if you access CP from outside (mapped to a domain or ip) it will link the Userscript to that address.

Right now, when you search for a movie, the search button is replaced with the picker.

It would be nice if instead of replacing the search field, maybe the "select a movie dialog" would be a more fleshed out result set with links to outside sites.

Ah - I see what's going on with the userscript - I added it then changed the port. I re-added the script and things are working again.

Ok so you would like to have more of a "result page"?
If so, why? Tongue (apart from external links)

- Mrkennedy - 2010-07-27

Mrkennedy Wrote:Yes, then an hour later when it searches again it snatches it this time. Meaning 2 downloads in the queue.

Any idea on what might be causing this, as just done it again.

When it goes wrong, does it get an ok from SAB?

- ClayM - 2010-07-27

RuudBurger Wrote:Ok so you would like to have more of a "result page"?
If so, why? Tongue (apart from external links)

External links, maybe a poster and description to make sure you're getting the right movie?

- Mrkennedy - 2010-07-27

RuudBurger Wrote:When it goes wrong, does it get an ok from SAB?

What you mean ok?

As said the issue is i add a new movie, CP searches nzb for that file straight away, but when its found it, it does not moved to snatched only when i search again does it do that, and also downloads it again too.

- ClayM - 2010-07-27

How does CP know when a movie has been downloaded? Does it just periodically check the download directory?

@Mrkennedy
I can reproduce the issue, have no idea what is happening as my debug shows the movie is set as "snatched" but it doesn't get written to DB. You'll hear when I know more Wink

@ClayM
Yes

- ClayM - 2010-07-27

Ok quick suggestions as I'm playing with this thing...

Are fanart/posters/nfo's not populated upon completion?

Would be great if it could ping one or more xbmc systems to update it's video library

Would also be great if you could specify some sort of script to run afterwards, like if you have a popcorn hour and want to update your YAMJ jukebox

Anyway - keep up the good work Smile